Penalized for Upgrading

Comments

• WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Bump for a good cause!
    Troublemakerred182
  • red182red182 Member Posts: 5
    Lots of great stuff in this thread. Should be forwarded to NG's top dogs if they have any..

What's funny is I'd also be much more likely to buy a radio or gold bundle if upgrading all survivors was clear and cut the best move for me and my guild. I lost so much motivation with this update and have no desire to rush anything if it isn't ultimately going to help much.

Weapons and especially purchased weapon bundles. You should never pay for an item that way too soon becomes obsolete. I understand it's our choice to buy or not buy but there has to be tons of better options out there. There are plenty of people that would help with planning and input. I understand this all takes time, work, and more money but sometimes you need to spend more to make more.

Let's see more and more communication. Rfg is an awesome player and an even better guildmate. Listen to him! ;)

Peace.
    gespuerromeoTroublemaker
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Bump!
  • R2runfastR2runfast Member Posts: 332
    Progressing is Regressing?
    Upgrading is now Degrading?
    romeogespuerred182
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    Still no official confirmation that NG is working on a permanent fix to this flaw?
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    Not yet @crambert_nec hold tight....it's coming soon
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    romeoCaptainslayerantcrambert_nec
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    @crambert_nec .... NG has an eye on it.
    romeoCaptainslayercrambert_nec
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    I am trying to boil down all the info in this post so I can inform my guild about the upgrade penalty
    Some are in too big a hurry to raise the levels of their srvrs without having the proper gear in place before making the move up

3 or more Level 20 srvrs start on level 14 and 3 peats start at level 19
    3 or more Level 21 srvrs start on level 15 and 3 peats start at level 20
    3 or more Level 22 srvrs start on level 15 and 3 peats start at level 21

Do I have all of this correct?
    gespuer
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    Seems to be correct. See here.
    edited July 2017
    gespuer said:

Seems to be correct. See here.

Thanks, I'll post that diagram in our guild Line chat room

Thanks to @Bill_ZRT for the diagram

gespuerBill_ZRT
    edited July 2017
    I have all level 20 srvrs with level 23 gear on my A and B teams

I have been collecting level 21 gear for quite a while and upgrading it to level 24 in anticipation of the move up to level 21 srvrs

I just upgraded my 7 star warrior to level 21 yesterday and assigned her level 24 gear
    I will upgrade my 7 star assault to level 21 next and I have level 24 gear waiting for him also
    Then I will stop upgrading any more srvrs until I am ready to move forward

I can still reap the benefits of level 20 srvrs in the challenge without the penalty
    I am glad I read all of this post first

As a side note, I am at 1014 stars currently in the challenge with my level 20 and one level 21 srvrs
    There are two of my guild mates with level 21 and level 22 srvrs

I am higher in stars than the level 21 guild mate and only 30 stars away from the level 22 guild mate

So they are being penalized heavily for moving up recently one level
    The challenge is not over yet, but just to demonstrate that the penalty they are facing sets them back quite a bit until they can level up good armor and weapons
    gespuer
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    Get it together, NG. I want to upgrade my entire squad to 22 AND still remain competitive. What the hell. Please let us know you're correcting this.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    EL34xyz
    This is what happened to me during this current challenge
    All my srvrs were level 20 at the start of the challenge
    I upgraded one 7 star warrior to level 21 during the challenge
    I had already previously upgraded a level 21 warrior weapon and armor to level 24

That level 21 warrior with level 24 gear was able to get me through level 25.3 and level 26.1
    Without that level 21 warrior it would have been not possible

So, because I already had level 24 gear waiting for that level 21 warrior, that was the icing on the cake
    But, that's the only level 21 srvr I have currently
    I am upgrading 2 level 21's and stopping for now

If I had upgraded 3 srvrs to level 21, it would have been a whole different ball game
    Seems goofy that NG has not calculated how this would work out

But then again, we have seen how it appears that no one there seems to do thorough testing on new update releases
    So why would this be any different?
    DLichgespuer
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    @EL34xyz it's also good to point out to the devs that since you've decided to only have 2 Lvl 21 survivors that whenever Governor & Merle become available you will be unable to play with them because if you do you'll be hit with a 100+ star loss in the challenges.

It's a shame that yourself and many players like you will face a star punishment if you wanted to try these heroes based on the way you have chosen to play the game. I can't imagine the devs had intended any player to deliberately not unlock a hero.

But once you have 2 21's or 2 22's that's where the line gets drawn.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    WahooDawggespuerant
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,424
    All this noise about only having 2× 21's or 2×22's is worrying as I'm only 7m away from upgrading tg and getting a couple 21's which I'm afraid is going to nerfed if ppl keep saying they can't unlock show characters
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    gespuer
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Now that I have a full team of 21s and most gear upgraded to fit them, I am definitely performing better in the challenge. There was the usual rough period of adjustment/catching up in gear, but now I'm stronger in challenges than I was with level 20s.

When I reach the point of upgrading to 22s, I'm not going to worry too much about it. I'll try to get some gear done before survivors, but if I unlock heroes and go to 22 early, so be it. I'll just do the best I can with whatever I've got.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    David_H79docfinzenburgDLich
    edited July 2017
    DLich said:

@EL34xyz it's also good to point out to the devs that since you've decided to only have 2 Lvl 21 survivors that whenever Governor & Merle become available you will be unable to play with them because if you do you'll be hit with a 100+ star loss in the challenges.

It's a shame that yourself and many players like you will face a star punishment if you wanted to try these heroes based on the way you have chosen to play the game. I can't imagine the devs had intended any player to deliberately not unlock a hero.

But once you have 2 21's or 2 22's that's where the line gets drawn.

Thanks for the reminder to not accept any new heros
    I am sitting tight at 2 level 21's this morning

Meanwhile, I am still upgrading level 21 gear to level 24 and stashing it away until I need it
    gespuer
    Pig said:

Now that I have a full team of 21s and most gear upgraded to fit them, I am definitely performing better in the challenge. There was the usual rough period of adjustment/catching up in gear, but now I'm stronger in challenges than I was with level 20s.

When I reach the point of upgrading to 22s, I'm not going to worry too much about it. I'll try to get some gear done before survivors, but if I unlock heroes and go to 22 early, so be it. I'll just do the best I can with whatever I've got.

That's a good way to look at it
    I am only holding at 2 x 21 levels because I want the advantage of using them in the challenge without the difficulty being raised
    As soon as I have more level 21 gear leveled up to 24, I'll go ahead and proceed to update more srvrs to level 21
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    For those don't want to unlock Governor, prepare to be annoyed everytime you login the game with that annoying pop-up when you completed the season highlight missions.
    gespuerEL34xyzromeo
    Monsuta said:

For those don't want to unlock Governor, prepare to be annoyed everytime you login the game with that annoying pop-up when you completed the season highlight missions.

Thanks for the heads up
    I only have 128/250 governor tokens
    How many Governor tokens do we get for today's High lights episode?
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    Today brings you up to 140/250
  • shadow_katshadow_kat Member Posts: 2
    Um I'm new here so what's up imma shadowkat
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870

Um I'm new here so what's up imma shadowkat

Pics or it didn't happen.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    GindyEL34xyzDLich
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    Leave the cat alone...it's been lurking in the shadows for a while :wink:
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    Gindy
  • GindyGindy Member Posts: 703
    @jester is new here, too. Can I introduce you both??
    gespuerpradiant
    Ok, technical question
    I am all level 20's with two level 21's
    I am not wanting to get another level 21 until I am sitting on a good weapons supply for the new guys

If I accidentally accept a new level 21 srvr from a phone call, (which I have done before), instead of accepting the tokens
    Then I go to the srvrs menu and retire them, is that going to trigger some bug/glitch in the software that I now have 3 level 21 srvrs :*
    gespuer
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    > @EL34xyz said:
    > Ok, technical question
    > I am all level 20's with two level 21's
    > I am not wanting to get another level 21 until I am sitting on a good weapons supply for the new guys
    >
    > If I accidentally accept a new level 21 srvr from a phone call, (which I have done before), instead of accepting the tokens
    > Then I go to the srvrs menu and retire them, is that going to trigger some bug/glitch in the software that I now have 3 level 21 srvrs :*

It should not trigger, but I wouldn't try. :)
    EL34xyzCaptainslayersligoem