Penalized for Upgrading

Comments

• gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    Currently I'm not sure if I'll do. If so, I would feel like NG's Marionette.
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,371
    NG for sure losing out on an XP booster from me this weekend.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    > @DLich said:
    > If I accidentally accept a new level 21 srvr from a phone call, (which I have done before)
    >
    >
    > My radio tower must be broken... it never calls lvl 21 survivors. I'm lucky if I can find one that is lvl 14

Same, mine is never higher than 14 either. HOW DO YOU GET LVL 21s?!?! @EL34xyz
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    gespuer
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 602
    > @Avengers said:
    > > @DLich said:
    > > If I accidentally accept a new level 21 srvr from a phone call, (which I have done before)
    > >
    > >
    > > My radio tower must be broken... it never calls lvl 21 survivors. I'm lucky if I can find one that is lvl 14
    >
    > Same, mine is never higher than 14 either. HOW DO YOU GET LVL 21s?!?! @EL34xyz

There is no way to get lvl 21 survivors from radio calls, max lvl 18. But I recalled some story chapters allow us to unlock some common survivors, not sure if that will affect though.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    probably more like accidentally unlocking a hero that you do not want to accept
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Keep this thread up there... bump!
    Troublemakergespuer
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    vshield50 said:

Any end game players with all 21 survivors and 2 lvl 22 survivors actually going to promote their whole team to lvl 22 this weekend? Did @teeceezy or crew mention a fix down the road for the upgrade star penalty? Is it ever going to be worth doing without a new council update?

I'm sooo tempted... but I made that mistake from 20's to 21's.. not gonna happen again! :disappointed:
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    vshield50NCDawgFanTripod
  • sligoemsligoem Member Posts: 330
    I'm not upgrading to 22 either, but will likely upgrade some recently acquired survivors that have new traits to try them out. (Please don't roast me, just trying to look at the bright side of a frustrating situation for veteran players).
    DLichJaden
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    @sligoem I'm with you bud. I just got 15mil supplies to upgrade my workshop. I have some 22 gear that'll I'll figure out which I want to upgrade.

As it stands I have no intention on upgrading to Lvl 22 until at least Lvl 23 becomes available. By that time I should have a weapon and armor for around 6-7 survivors ready to go.

I plan to Lvl any heroes I have to 21 that aren't already there since they aren't going anywhere anyway. But I have no intention on buying gas to play this weekend.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    sligoem
  • sligoemsligoem Member Posts: 330
    @dlich totally agree.
    I recently got the impression that the lost of stars whilst upgrading from two 22 and rest 21 survivor to a third 22 isn't that bad as it was fromm 21-21-20 to 22-22-21. Maybe NG learned ... Oh no screw it, they never do, don't they?!
    romeo
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 638
    @gespuer so how many exact stars we really lost after upgrading more than 2 survs to lvl 22. i wasnt taking notes. but surely lost some
    To be serious. IMHO the most stars we lost from 20-20-20 to 21-21-20 was because of the bug at the damage of the 21 surviors. I have the impression that the numbers of damage of the 22 survivors are (so far) not nerfed or bugged.
    antAmBush
  • 淡水地鼠淡水地鼠 Member Posts: 278
    When could we go straight to lv30?
    gespuerromeo
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 638
    @gespuer . i agree. its better at 22 now. they usually stop me at 27 tier 1. but now im starting 28. better with a price. grinding never stops
    gespuer
  • thebullthebull Member Posts: 32
    A lot of players I know have decided it's best in terms of star counts to have two level 21's and the rest 20's with maxed equipment and stay there indefinitely or until the penalty for upgrading issue is corrected. My questions to everyone reading this, especially moderators and content creators. 1) Do you believe a majority of higher level players have adopted this strategy? 2) Do you agree it is the best strategy for reaching the highest star counts on weekly challenges? 3) Do you believe this is good for the game long term? 4). What and when can we expect something to be done about this?
    -The Bull
    romeotallinie
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,371
    Nothing but crickets from NG about this...
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD