Penalized for Upgrading

12346»

Comments

• carefreecarefree Member Posts: 203
    I would also like to add, if you do buy weapons, they don't become useless to you anymore, cos you are not upgrading! You build a great set of weapons and armour for each map, perfect really.
    Avengersromeo
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    edited July 2017
    Just as a demonstration on the penalty in action
    The screen shot below is the final guild score for the challenge that ended on 07/24/2017

EL34 - Me - I have all level 20 srvrs and just two level 21 srvrs, so I am avoiding the penalty for now

dav, the guy above me has level 22 srvrs and is a very good player, but he has time to get a few good level 22 weapons and armor

Bismarck, the guy below me has level 21 srvrs and is a very good player also, but has not had level 21 srvrs that long and did not know about the penalty.

Jpett, two below me has more than two level 21 srvrs and did not know about the penalty before advancing his srvrs. And Jpett used to beat my score just about every week until 2 weeks ago

BTW, 1110 is my highest score to date and so I am sitting tight with just two level 21's as long as I can

DLichromeoWeekOne
  • GebobsGebobs Member Posts: 428
    I smartly trained my two most useful survivors (assault and hunter, both double pink) to level 22 and last challenge went peachy. Then I saw a notification that I had a new survivor, Gabriel. Not thinking, I opened him up and sure nuff he was level 22, putting me over the limit.

This week will be my first with the upgrade penalty. We'll see how it goes.
    EL34xyzromeo
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    Rumor has it @Gebobs that the 3rd level 22 if it comes as a hero unlock won't penalize you!
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    Mystique said:

Rumor has it @Gebobs that the 3rd level 22 if it comes as a hero unlock won't penalize you!

Gabriel is a scout and so @Gebobs would be accepting a level 21 Gabriel, correct?
    He would only get a level 22 hero if it was of the same class as assault and hunter
    So he is still good accepting a level 21 Gabriel

He has to be careful accepting the Governor in 2 weeks
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,843
    zbot said:

@EL34xyz , FYI: heroes unlock at the highest survivor level (regardless of class).

Thanks @zbot Did not know that
    I will avoid unlocking the Governor in the next 2 weeks
  • GebobsGebobs Member Posts: 428
    Mystique said:

Well, I can't verify because since I unlocked that God-bothering fool, I upgraded several others.

Still, my triple plays for this week started at RSL 21. I thought the penalty was that they would begin at RSL 22 now.

Avengers
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,267
    The answer finally! Lol.
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    > Well, I can't verify because since I unlocked that God-bothering fool, I upgraded several others.

lol that's what everyone seems to do and can't ever confirm it.

> Still, my triple plays for this week started at RSL 21. I thought the penalty was that they would begin at RSL 22 now.
    Triples are: (sum of your top 3 survivor Lvls/3) - 1 so for you it's 22-1=21
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Great post @EL34xyz

Very sad to see this happening :'(
    EL34xyzTroublemaker
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    EL34xyz said:

zbot said:

@EL34xyz , FYI: heroes unlock at the highest survivor level (regardless of class).

Thanks @zbot Did not know that
    I will avoid unlocking the Governor in the next 2 weeks
    That's the ridiculous result of faulty coding. Again: upgrade your chars and you're benefit with worse results. Great job, NG!
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,423
    From what I've heard about the new feature it will be vital to upgrade your toons bit without knowing the new feature I'm still fairly certain lvl 20's will still be my end game
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    Timboski
    Bump!
    TroublemakerDLich
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 960
    Body is 3 characters too short.
    WeekOne
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    Body is 2 characters too short.
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    ArtisansWeekOne
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    edited August 2017
    Body is a character too long.
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    Waiting... Waiting... Waiting!
    Troublemaker