Exploding walkers - Not getting charge points for killing them

Mad_CanadaMad_Canada Member Posts: 113
I don't know it this has been posted here or not?
I am killing exploding walkers with hunters and not getting any charge points from the kills?
Mad Canada Guild is Ranked in the top Canadian guild listing - Come join us :)
Our guild post is here
MortmerMattOfEarthLightfeetromeoJenngkjmia421Carl_s_Hat

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,551
    As intended. You don't get xp either for any deaths caused by their explosion.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Lightfeetromeojimmorrison369Gebobs
  • Mad_CanadaMad_Canada Member Posts: 113
    Not from the explosion, from the actual kill of the exploder
    Our guild post is here
    jimmorrison369Lightfeet
    edited June 2017
    Avengers said:

That's because you cause an explosion which causes the kill. Your bullets aren't killing it. If you look at the damage that your bullets cause, it will be less than the health of the bomber

That makes no sense to me
    I should get a charge point for killing the exploder
    My bullets go through through his head and then the bullet hits the C4 :)
    Our guild post is here
    David_H79DLichJadenRedEye52Lightfeet
    I found this and looking at the photos he got 1 charge point (that was for killing the walker in front of the grenadier) so the boomer doesn't give any charge points because the logic of the game is you dind't kill him the explosion did. Similarly as fire can cause a kill it's the environment that's causing the kill even though you shot it you didn't kill it, the explosion did.

RedEye52
    DLich said:

I found this and looking at the photos he got 1 charge point (that was for killing the walker in front of the grenadier) so the boomer doesn't give any charge points because the logic of the game is you dind't kill him the explosion did. Similarly as fire can cause a kill it's the environment that's causing the kill even though you shot it you didn't kill it, the explosion did.

I would have to agree with Invader on that post
    The bullet killed the exploder
    Who is to say the bullet did not go through the body first and then touch off the C4
    Our guild post is here
    Lightfeet
    On top of not getting a charge point for the exploder, I just shot through a regular walker
    A exploder was a few squares behind the regular walker

I hit the regular walker first and still did not get a charge point for that kill
    Our guild post is here
    Lightfeet
    Could be
    I'll have to see if I can do it again
    Our guild post is here
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 807
    Do you kill the XP and charge point for an Exploder if it is done via Melee? Surely yes, right?
    DLichLightfeet
    Avengers said:

That's because you cause an explosion which causes the kill. Your bullets aren't killing it. If you look at the damage that your bullets cause, it will be less than the health of the bomber

Food for thought: Level 20 Exploder Health = 6159
    Critical hit from a Hunter with the +50% Boost using a Charged Attack with Ruthless gets a Critical Hit for 6675 of damage on the Exploder... No charge point awarded.
    DLichMaD VapoRCaptainslayer
    > @tabernac said:
    > That's because you cause an explosion which causes the kill. Your bullets aren't killing it. If you look at the damage that your bullets cause, it will be less than the health of the bomber
    >
    > Food for thought: Level 20 Exploder Health = 6159
    > Critical hit from a Hunter with the +50% Boost using a Charged Attack with Ruthless gets a Critical Hit for 6675 of damage on the Exploder... No charge point awarded.

Although your logic is sound and I agree if you cause more damage than the health of the Walker it should count as a kill and this a charge point; of you used a common ranged low level survivor with a common weapon that would clearly not be enough to kill the grenadier, the grenadier would still blow up and die.

I agree 100% if you're causing more damage than the health of the Walker the kill should charge BUT all grenadiers blow up from ranged everytime they're shot.

• Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited June 2017
    Most grenades don't use C-4 and despite what you see in the movies C-4 does not explode when shot. C-4 has to be detonated with another explosion like detonator cap or cord.

Also I thought you do get charge points if you do enough damage to kill it not including the explosion damage so I shot a level 20 which has 6159 health. I did 7590 damage without using a charged attack and I got a charge point.
    David_H79
  • KitsuneKitsune Member Posts: 44

If I shoot a Freeman, and he survives but a few days later develops sepsis from the wound and dies of an infection, my Survivor should get a charge point the day he Freeman dies.

Omg I've been thinking this all along. Haha! Great post :)
    Proud Member of the Beware Guild!
    kjmia421Timboski
  • TripodTripod Member Posts: 130
    At the start of this challenge we were getting charge points from exploders. It was nice, and stuck out like a sore thumb since it's never been that way before. About 3 hours into challenge it got reverted back to no charge points. Amazing how fast that bug got squashed!
    kjmia421Lightfeet
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    @tabernac @Shut_Up yeah...if you do more damage than the health of the bomber, you should get the xp and charge no?
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    Avengers said:

@tabernac @Shut_Up yeah...if you do more damage than the health of the bomber, you should get the xp and charge no?

No question. When did I ever say otherwise?

You said "That's because you cause an explosion which causes the kill. Your bullets aren't killing it. If you look at the damage that your bullets cause, it will be less than the health of the bomber".

I was just illustrating an instance where the damage of my bullet was greater than the health of the bomber. Hence in such a situation we should get the XP and the charge point. We're on the same side here.
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,442
    You look kinda edgy in those bars though @xbamfx
    Bad bad boy :)
    xbamfxbigbeanoVudnikromeo
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,435
    I feel like I'm back at terminus :s
    Vudnik
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    @tabernac I never said we weren't on same side. I thought it gave us xp and charge if we killed it by our own right. That's why I was confused when you said that you came across an example where it didn't but it worked for ShutUp
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    @Avengers - Apologies, I thought you were driving at something else.

After giving it some thought I realized that the problem is... me. I made some bad assumptions. I thought that Hunters could pick up charges on the kills that they made on charged attacks, but they don't. I think I was conflating them somewhat with Shooters (who can pick up a charge point if they make a kill on their second attack action).

So the truth lies with @Shut_Up and his experience. If you can kill an Exploder outright with a ranged survivor without using a charged attack (or killing it outright using the second attack of a charged Shooter), you'll be awarded a charge point.

Sorry for causing confusion on the matter!
    AvengersDavid_H79
  • VudnikVudnik Member Posts: 307
    No matter how you slice it, if you don't shoot the grenadier he lives. If you shoot him, guess what?... he dies. That should be worth one charge point. Absolutely agree that anything else killed by his stupidity for strapping C4 to his back is a bonus for trimming the herd so no charge points expected. If he didn't have explosives on him he'd die anyway, one way or the other.
    NEED A CHARGE POINT FOR THIS!!!! :smile:
    PigEL34xyzDBones
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,137
    edited July 2017
    Thats because its not your shot that kills a grenadier, its the explosion.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    bladgier said:

Thats because its not your shot that kills a grenadier, its the explosion.

Yes, but you were still responsible for it's death

So I shoot a walker and it bleeds to death
    The loss of blood was the reason it died...............

It's fairly important to me that I get charged up in the higher levels of the challenge
    Not getting charge points on some maps can make or break the deal when trying to get through the map

@Shut_Up
    It does not matter what I call the explosives attached to the exploders
    C4 is just easy to type and everyone knows that it is an explosive
    gespuer