Scouts lack of performance killing zombies

I am annoyed that a level 20 scout with fully upgraded golden gear can not one hit a level 14 grenader.

Why because obviously the level difference. The fact they explode if hit again after by a shot. And it puts the character in harms way. The scout can not hit multiple targets like warrior. It can not stun like the bruiser. Which also hits multiple targets with his rush, the bruiser.

I really think given what scout has for abilities should have extra garage to area effect enemies. Just my 2 cents and this challenge annoys me mainly because tried to make a scout work with my two hunters. Failed constantly due to no being able to kill things. :'(
When soft cap comes I quit the game.
EL34xyzromeoenigma12

Comments

• autumn_ashautumn_ash Member Posts: 325
    Do you have a Swift Strike on your weapon (preferably with some luck anywhere)? Sometimes it really helps to save you from harm by giving an additional strike to you survivor.
    Check this great post to see how @Terminates uses their scouts efficiently.
    TWD ⭐️ FearTWD ⭐️ Ride with Norman Reedus
    David_H79romeoNG_Sam
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    edited July 2017
    null

"I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    This challenge was not a scout challenge.
    Bruiser/hunter/assault
    Assault/assault/hunter
    Where the only combinations I used.
    Wait for a challenge that suits better to scouts.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    bigbeano
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,910
    Uhm... I played Fire in the hole, Old bricks and Perimetral defense until lvl 28.2 with a scout... :)
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    PigromeobigbeanoJackBauer
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    I noticed the same thing about the exploders
    They do not go down easy with melee

I use my scouts late in the challenges with threat reduction and swift strike to avoid spawns, but the exploders are a thorn in my side for sure
    DoTak
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    edited July 2017
    Scouts are good in this challenge on some maps, but not for killing exploders (unless with wrestler!). There are other functions for them, like threat reduction, opening things, and killing other targets.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    CaptainslayerDoTak
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,430
    Hopefully they'll introduce a working pierce trait for melee soon so they can actually hang with our ranged classes alot more because buffing their health and attack doesn't mean much with out a way to combat guaranteed body shots after a certain rsl
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    DoTak
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    It's really very stupid. How can melee have body shots? If a zombie is standing right in front of you, instead of aiming for the head, how does one all of a sudden against high lvl zombies decide to stab at the chest or arm or leg? :expressionless:
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    psychwolf
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    > @Avengers said:
    > It's really very stupid. How can melee have body shots? If a zombie is standing right in front of you, instead of aiming for the head, how does one all of a sudden against high lvl zombies decide to stab at the chest or arm or leg? :expressionless:

How about a walker that moves? You try to stab him in the brain, but he moves and you only cut of a ear or something.
    Captainslayer
    Pig said:

Scouts are good in this challenge on some maps, but not for killing exploders (unless with wrestler!). There are other functions for them, like threat reduction, opening things, and killing other targets.

e.g., I just took a scout, hunter, and shooter (6 star, lvl 21) on Fire in the Hole 28.2 and got 2 stars. That's not impressive compared to the real elite players around here, but it may illustrate where scouts can be useful. Any other class and I wouldn't have gotten all three survivors to the exit pad on the final turn, and waiting one more turn would have risked getting all three in a struggle simultaneously.

I had a sneaky 1 star win on Old Bricks at 27.3 (I think), and the scout's threat reduction was a big part of why that worked. So scouts are pretty useful in some maps on this challenge.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.

Hopefully they'll introduce a working pierce trait for melee soon so they can actually hang with our ranged classes alot more because buffing their health and attack doesn't mean much with out a way to combat guaranteed body shots after a certain rsl

I have mixed feelings about piercing for melee. I'd love to have it, of course, and it makes a lot of sense. But it might unbalance ranged and melee too much in melee's favour. Scouts, for example, already have high damage, long movement, swift strike, and threat reduction. Add piercing to that and they're super soldiers!
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    edited July 2017
    Super soldier scouts are no good when their are 10 walkers close together and you can only kill one (2 if you're lucky with swift strike) at close range
    PigAvengersbigbeanoatrainofficial
    Well, I'm not talking about taking nothing but scouts on every mission! I'm just saying I think it would be unbalanced in their favour--well, in favour of melee generally, with scouts as the prime example. There's a whole world of imbalance in the grey area between "I would use only scouts all the time!" (which you seem to be assuming I meant) and "Scouts are perfectly balanced." I would see the reality falling somewhere between those extremes.

As it stands, melee have the advantage of not increasing threat, and ranged have the advantage of piercing and (obviously) range. At high levels of the challenge, we often need both kinds of survivors. But if I had piercing on scouts and warriors, I think I'd generally drop ranged survivors entirely at higher RSLs on most challenge missions.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    Shut_Upbigbeanoatrainofficial
    I ONLY use ranged...from start to finish, practically always!
    The single kills and close up is way too much of a negative for me.
    And I get over 1K so I'm good.
    Ranged survivors are my best friends. Assaults are my bff!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    That's inspiring! I'd like to learn how to use them to their true potential then. Just to see how far I can get. @Pig

David_H79Pigatrainofficialtabernac
    @pig I didn't mean you would only use scouts I was more pointing out that in my opinion ranged and melee class would truly be equal with each having its benefits and negatives
    David_H79Pig