Trash one shooter. Which one?

capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,085
Got a new find, Stacy and was thinking if maybe i should trash one of my older ones... Or maybe not?

"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
--> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.

Comments

• gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    That' a hard choice.
    Stacy is a keeper, for sure.
    Markman and sure shot are must have for my shooter. Since none of your shooters have both in combination I would recommend to retire Shawnx. He has no elite status. Retierement refund of those survivors are so lame.

Hope my opinion helps. :)
    capibarasligoemromeo
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 557
    I would choose Shawn as her traits are not that helpful. To be useful, she definitely needs iron skin on her amour and the sureshot ain't that powerful without marksmen. However she is quite the looker so I guess that may sway your decision?
    capibaraanniesprinkles
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,085
    Uhm... Thanks @gespuer @JackBauer @Steeboon i will probably trash Stacy and also Shawnx but meanwhile i will keep the lvl 21 looking for a better one...
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    gespuer
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    I have a hunter with revenge and ruthless and he isn't all that bad.

There are downsides to revenge but I found it to be useful in many cases even though it is a bit buggy.

Just don't take revenge survivors on missions with Freemen or ka-booms. And don't rely on revenge, see it as a nice added bonus. It has worked for me about 90% of the times at least. So not totally bad. ;)

Ruthless is good to have. You will like that one.

I agree on trashing Shawnx, though.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    capibaragespueranniesprinklesromeo
  • ScowleyScowley Member Posts: 420
    I've currently got a shooter quandary myself. Including the new traits what are the best five to have?
    Elder of guild 'Aloha Snackbar'
  • sligoemsligoem Member Posts: 330
    edited July 2017
    @capibara too bad this wasn't a post about scouts: 'nothing thicker than a knife's blade separates happiness from melancholy' --VW

(Edit for spelling)
    capibara
  • ScowleyScowley Member Posts: 420
    > @sligoem said:
    > @capibara too bad this wasn't a post about scots: 'nothing thicker than a knife's blade separates happiness from melancholy' --VW

Virginia Woolf wasn't Scottish ;)
    Elder of guild 'Aloha Snackbar'
    sligoemcapibaragespuer
    @Scowley Ha! *scouts.
    capibara
    @scowley Before the new traits were introduced I kept shooters with two sets of traits:
    1. Luck, Marksman, Sureshot, Iron Skin, Dodge
    2. Luck, Marksman, Iron Skin, Dodge, Bullet Dodge

I have a new shooter with Revenge, Marksman, Sureshot, Iron Skin, and Vigilant. Upgraded from epic and vigilant wouldn't have been my choice for the fifth trait. Still experimenting with him though. Sorry to not be more help.
    capibararomeo
  • XenathewarriorXenathewarrior Member Posts: 273
    @capibara I agree with @JackBauer and get rid of Stacy and Shawnx. Keep the other lev 21 until you get something better.
    capibaragespuerromeo
  • anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 267
    gespuer said:

That' a hard choice.
    Stacy is a keeper, for sure.
    Markman and sure shot are must have for my shooter. Since none of your shooters have both in combination I would recommend to retire Shawnx. He has no elite status. Retierement refund of those survivors are so lame.

Hope my opinion helps. :)

@gespuer

Hi gespuer! I realize this is a vets thread, but I would still like to ask what u mean by "He has no elite status"? From reading the forum (until my head starts spinning around like the girl in The Exorcist) and what I 'think' I've learned, not one of those shooters has elite status. Would u mind letting me know what u mean by elite status here and maybe an example.

Thanks for you time!
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

edited July 2017
    Once a survivor reaches the 6th star his stars gets the color pink. Therefore most of the player used to call them "pinkies". After a forum poll NG decided to name them officially "Elite" (there was an in game announcement for that). Your Dorian and Virginia are Elites. :)
    anniesprinklesromeo
  • anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 267
    @gespuer Thank you gespuer, it's hard for me to keep up on all this stuff. When I run into something that confuses me, I gotta ask or I'll go crazy. I just got my survivors at lvl 18 and I'm working hard on my strategy & learning how traits work best. I think a college course on TWDNML is a must. Thanks a lot for clarifying that for me because I suddenly got all confused. Probably tired from reading the forum too long.

Take Care because there are zombies after you;-P
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

romeo
    edited July 2017
    Was a pleasure to help you, @anniesprinkles
    I totally agree. Obviously we (the player) have to lern the game mechanism by ourselves. We have to find out by try and error and to prove NG wrong (several times). That's annoying and takes out a lot of fun off this great game.
    Would be awesome if NG would tell us truly how things realy work (e.g. with the new traits, spike walker, etc.).

Stay safe out there and Just Survive Somehow
    anniesprinklesromeo
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,093
    Kick ShawnX
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY fOuR with OnE hUnDrEd & FiFtY ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
    capibararomeo