Has "support" ever actually done anything for you?

Or like me do you get the standard sorry, nothing we can do? I don't think they actually help! So annoying! Let me know if they've done anything for anyone?

Best Answer

Answers

• gretchiepooh01gretchiepooh01 Member Posts: 209
    Haha I think that's about all they do!
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    @zbot has a story for you..
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,747
    There was a time, over a year ago, during the horrible roll backs. They compensated a lot of people, but it took months and many messages back and forth. I eventually got fair compensation on the third or fourth try.

After that, they seemed to take a different approach and haven't been very helpful when items are lost due to no fault of the player.
    Tripod
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    I lost influence in the early days of outpost with every Login.
    As compensation I got a nice amount of trade goods and gold.
    Don't remember the exactly amount.
    :)
  • buchizombiebreathbuchizombiebreath Member Posts: 1,131
    Yeah @gretchiepooh01 , i think you have to anoyinng them 120 times and you get the same answer!

I am sorry thats the rules, we cant do anything for your!“

But dont give up after 220 mail they are so pissed of that you get what you want!

They will sit behind theyr monitors and cry!

They give back what you didnt offered but they've stolen from you!

I know ng make this not intentionally, we all are humans!

But we all have to stand behind our mistakes and clear this !

Greetings buchi
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,065
    No, but someone else who is NG staff did. :)

Support is always polite but that's about it.

They can help with getting your account back, though, so that's a good thing. :)
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    MovadoTHCrossgespuer
    edited July 2017
    @zbot The box came up to use my gold in the trade goods, I closed the box, still game took a bunch of my gold! I closed the Flippin box, saying no! After quite a few exchanges they say tough cookies!
  • biter370biter370 Member Posts: 126
    I think the problem was she lost gold because of a game glitch but no compensation for the lost gold.
    Can any of the NG staff assist?
    TatdJdm
  • Gman74Gman74 Member Posts: 68
    I got credited the double tokens I did not receive when they were doing the double token hero event.
    THCrossJaden
    Thanks biter! You said it well
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    This sounds similar to this

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/27860/trade-shop-bug

Which seemed to be resolved successfully
  • theldssdltheldssdl Member Posts: 114
    Yes. I was credited the missed tokens during the upgraded special hero call event on multiple days (i.e. When I got 10 instead of 16).
    Been there, done that, sorry nothing we can do. I am just irritated with them! I said no! Don't use my gold! Oh well thank you for your input
    Sent another message, explained it better, we will see.
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    I've never gotten anything but form letter responses from in game support.
  • tdiddytdiddy Member Posts: 355
    Support usually tells me working as intended, then months later teeceezy posts update notes which is fixing the problem.
    crambert_necShut_UpCaptainslayer
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    edited July 2017
    My one experience with them wasn't positive. I sent them a message after discovering the guild advertisement glitch (which STILL isn't fixed btw) where it advertises your guild's score from two challenges ago and not your previous one, even though it says it's from the previous challenge. I had just started a new guild because our old leader went rogue and booted everyone, so we were down a man. Had a really good first challenge even with 19 members, so I bought an ad to try and fill our opening, but after I purchased it I realized it was advertising us as having 0 stars for the past challenge. Sent them a message kindly asking them to refund the 100 gold I spent, and they said it was a known glitch on their end but they couldn't refund me. We argued back and forth for awhile but eventually I just had to stop because I was getting too heated. Beats me why they couldn't just give me back that small amount of fake digital currency in order to make a customer happy, especially when they admitted it was a glitch.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    Avengersgretchiepooh01JadenDeadBeat
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,338
    Ya'll must not know Morgan........ NG angel of account recoveries.
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    zbot said:

It really depends on the issue, as someone that's been active on the game issue / bugs, support does a wonderful job.

Sorry, but that is not the way a support should work. A support should be constructive and helpful at any game issues. If there is no compensation suitable, then be honest and don't just use phrases.
    Be receiving standard answers customers feel unappreciated!
    Yes, I once or twice got back some game resources (can't remember what exactly), too.
    AvengersJaden
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Not under the current regime, they sure have got quicker though but that's due to them using canned replies so not really an improvment.
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    For the most part, I've found support helpful. They gave me nice compensation when deadlies were said to be removed from the game, but they were still active and I didn't realize it and lost a survivor in a boneheaded farming for xp and then disconnect issue. I was also compensated during rollback issues, but not to the degree that some people were (people that may have been less "deserving" than me, but in the "right" guild). There were some outpost issues where i was given some trade goods the first time it happened (not on subsequent instances, though). Just the other day they gave me my gold and TG spent on the Class/Hero Token bug in the TG store within a few hours. Still waiting to get my 64 gas that I used today before challenge reset so I can help my guild with our total star count, but I'm optimistic since i'm sure they got a lot of tickets and it happened closer to the end of their workday.

There have been a few times they were not helpful, including the most useless answer I've ever got from them a few weeks back. But overall, they have been very fair with me in almost every instance. But I don't think I've ever had unreasonable requests: it's not "my game had a minor issue that really impacted nothing but give me 1000s of gold anyways!"
    Avengers
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    Support has never really been all that helpful to me. And I feel like I have never asked for anything unreasonable, mostly just answers to questions. Before I started using the forum, I used to inform them about glitches and what not that I noticed. Other than acknowledging that and giving the same response as we get here on the forums, they never did anything for me.
    They were:
    1) never able to help me with my disconnection issues (instead they just kept blaming me and my Internet despite me informing them that everything else internet related worked smoothly including other games and videos etc)
    2) never explained why it looked like my scout was missing out on swift strike (OLT figured it out and did their job instead)
    3) and finally, a while ago when the entire game had crashed and everyone was locked out for a day, for some reason I was locked out even longer...I think I got my game back/was able to access it after an additional day and a half (due to my time zone it actually was 2 whole days) after everyone else got their game back. So I was locked out for close to 3 days. And I contacted support asking if I was able to get any compensation whatsoever and they just shook their head. The weekend event that they had for compensating everyone for the lockout was pretty good though if I remember correctly and that's all they said I would get. Too bad I was BUSY that weekend and could not make use of the event *facepalm*. But oh well, it's just a game so we move on right?

My point is: I honestly don't think the support can help with much other than getting your game back when lost because they don't know anything. And the compensation efforts seem (to me) to have gone down the drain.
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    gespuerGrinch
  • 淡水地鼠淡水地鼠 Member Posts: 278
    edited July 2017
    they help me to quit the game, and almost success
    crambert_necJapes87Monsutavshield50
  • GrinchGrinch Member Posts: 166
    Support is an ironic name for what they actually do...
    Give answers that have nothing to do with the situation
    Have no idea what they are talking about(highly doubt they have ever played the game)
    Spin doctors would be a better name for them.

Only time I've been treated fairly, I had to go past support and deal with NG through my guild leader, who contacted NG personally.
    It seems it's who you know, or what guild your with is the only way to get action that is fair.
    gespuerAvengers
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    Yup, until I got in the "right guild" I was ignored by support for MONTHS!!! Some people would get a reply in a couple days, some in a week but I had to wait for a couple months when I was a beginner. It's all about who you know
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    gespuer