Ads Gone Again - Not fixed for me

I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
I'd have listed in the thread linked below but it's was closed. I've not had the opportunity to open extra chests by letting an ad run, as there is no option to view ads for me. This has been the case for more than 24 hours. I know this because it is note than 24 hrs since the challenge started and quite obviously I would waste them opening extra chests in early rounds.

It could be this was fixed for some but not for others.

Anyway, I'll be grateful if game devs look into this please.

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/27914/ads-gone-again-fixed

Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
mirmur

Comments

• David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    Thx for the report @I_Am_Psycho
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited July 2017
    I should add that I regularly clear the cache due to game connection issues, so that will not work in this instance. I know someone will suggest it, so making that aspect clear before they do ;)

David_H79
  • FearofabotplanetFearofabotplanet Staff Posts: 539
    @I_Am_Psycho Thanks for the report. We'll look into it.
  • FearofabotplanetFearofabotplanet Staff Posts: 539
    Moved to Bug Reports.
    Still no ads and its getting to the stage where I'd consider using them to hopefully open gold chest.

It is unusual to go this long without ads being available.

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,347
    @I_Am_Psycho what device are you using to play the game? If you are clearing the game (app) cache I am assuming Android device.

Try these tips to improve device performance issue
    Yes, it is Android.

It does seem strange to go this long without the option there. And its approaching the time of week I'd use the option (crates have better rewards)

It might not be device specific though.

I notice there are not others also stating they have the issue.

I'm doubting a re-install would solve this.

• thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    Ok, I have the same situation (kind of). I use 2 devices to access my 2 accounts and just switch by disconnecting / connecting to the different Google Play accounts. I use an LG G3 phone and an LG Tab 3. My Tab 3 won't show any ads either @ the tower, or after missions. If I close the game there and log in on my phone, ads are there. If I then log back in on my Tab, no ads.

Support messaged me about it in game and asked for more info, but, hasn't responded to that more info.

I've rebooted the tab
    I've cleared the cache
    I've deleted the data
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game

Still no ads on the tab (The bigger, more appealing screen, lol)
    @Teeceezy the link @I_Am_Psycho linked above was mine. I'm wondering, now, if I cleared the cache on my phone and not the Tab where I've figured out the real ad issues are residing.

My original issue is, in fact, NOT Fixed, just as this one for I_Am_Psycho.
    I was going to post on your thread being as I noticed I had the same problem, but then it was closed.

I suspect this is server side issue rather than on the client.

Maybe others who've noticed this issue also post about it. Or mayber people might be aware of members of their guild, who dont use the forums, are mentioning it in chat?

Hopefully, there is a pattern to this, so a solution can be found quicker,

It's just odd that it's only on my tablet. I'll check my android emulator later if I think of it.
    The issue for me is resolved at this point although it seems not for @thisdoesfine

@thisdoesfine - check other software on your device ... all software. Maybe its worth dealing with other data stored for other apps that might interfere in sme way.

Setting up an emulator environment wouldn't be likely to find the cause and woukd be time consuming making it match what you're physically using.

David_H79
    @Teeceezy and @I_Am_Psycho my situation is also resolved. Support got me my fix, so far :)

Once I did the following, I restarted the game and the tower has the option for an ad showing whereas it hadn't prior.

Pasted from in game support:

Hey again!

Well, that information was very useful to me!

If you are having that problem only on your mobile, it means that your advertisement ID doesn't have enough data to find ads to show you in the game. Each device has a different advertisement ID, and the game uses that very same ID to decide which ads you will watch in the game.

So my guess is that by resetting that ID you will be able to watch ads again.

To reset your AD ID, follow the steps below:

- Press the power button to turn on your Android smartphone.
    - Tap the menu icon to display the apps list.
    - From the available apps list, locate and tap the Google Settings icon.
    - Tap the Ads option from the Google Settings interface.
    - Once the Ads window comes up, tap Reset advertising ID.
    - On the Reset advertising ID confirmation box, tap OK to provide your consent to reset your Google advertising ID.

That should work! If doesn't, feel free to get back to me!
    David_H79
    Well ... thats sort of similar to the tinkering I did, but I went a under the hood to pretty much deal with handling ads a much better way, even though until early yesterday morning they worked fine with this app.

But there is definitely a change to how the ads are served now.

thisdoesfine
    What did you do? Just in case others have the same problem and what I posted didn't fix it for them.
    I monitored traffic in and out of my device for a short while and made some observations and assumptions that led me to a solution.

It wouldn't be wise for me to encourage people to tinker wkth their device(s) at a lower level in this forum, as it involves deeper understanding and can have unexpected and unwanted consequences. I manipulated some config files on my device directly.

As stated previously, this seems to have arisen from a change made to ad hosting/serving on a server side update. This is why I suggested checking all apps closely, as you mentioned trying to debug this using an emulator, I expected you'd see what I meant ;)

thisdoesfine
  • Raven2318Raven2318 Member Posts: 184
    @Teeceezy , @Shteevie , I am having a problem with the ads again. Haven't played for hours, did the final badge mission, no ads option, same when I did missions for the quests. Please move to bugs or merge thread if that placement is better!
    edited July 2017
    @Raven2318 , try the hot fixes listed above for android devices.

For iOS, click settings, privacy, advertising, turn off limit ad tracking, and also reset advertising

Fixed
  • Raven2318Raven2318 Member Posts: 184
    Thanks - iOS so cleared cache, (lol) reset as advised and restarted. Seems to be fixed, many thanks!
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    I can't find privacy or advertising on my iOS. Don't see it in general
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    @Avengers fixed

For iOS, click settings, privacy, advertising, turn off limit ad tracking, and also reset advertising
    Avengers