Again ... what the hell

Seriously, there seems to be a real effort to frustrate players (your customers) ... the grind is becoming intolerable but when you take the mick with this sort of pathetic 'reward' it feels like there is an intent to disappoint players

This space for rent

["Retribution" guild ... email [email protected] for info]
Mais88pradipaintbeastTroublemakerR2runfastekimhclewJadentheldssdlgespuerShut_UpTwofaceGovernatorwarromeoautumn_ashbababooeyI_Am_PsychoAval0nFragzieDod5megheadHuman3001InvaderpsychwolfhorrormathersTatdJdmHOTnUNPREPAREDLightfeetrustynailsmannCaptainslayerDEADITE_HUNTERbradnolaMaD VapoRGunny_Highwayanniesprinkles

Comments

• I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited July 2017
    This will only ever have scrap value and can't be considered a reward. Equipment rewards should at the very least be at equal or greater level than my survivors, otherwise its not of use. You have to wonder what is Deulxe here in this Deluxe Crate.

Obviously its fair to give lower level gear in lower level challenge crates, but in this circumstance, that is not OK.

Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    AvengersTwofacezivaolivia
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    @I_Am_Psycho .
    This actually is because you aren't upgrading your base enough.
    If your base lvl is high enough, you'll get the right level rewards.
    JayZMystiqueGrimGael
    edited July 2017
    @jimmorrison369 - Of course I'm constantly building up. It is not up to NG to dictate that at my level (45), I shouldnt have bigger than level 15 survivors. Its just that I focus on faster progression in the game, rather than uniformly building each building kevel by level.

For this reason I maintain the reward is disproportionate to my progress in the game.

I've posted it here because it is relevant to the thread, but for the same reason you explqin I will not buy Epic and Leg gear with TG apart from the 12.5kTG option.

It should be linked to survivor levels not base level. The fact 12.5kTG Leg gear is linked to survivor level shows it is something that can easily be done.

GrimGael
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,194
    I'd love to only see gear come from the Deluxe Crates. I get XP about 90% of the time it seems. I'd rather get a higher shot at Epic or Legendary gear.
    WahooDawggespuerJadenFester17
    @Governator - yeah, but you wouldn't be wanting gear that at best is 2 levels below your main survivors level.

Governator
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    edited July 2017
    Null

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    jimmorrison369GrimGael
    edited July 2017
    @I_Am_Psycho
    That is all good and well, I've progressed the same way actually. (Lucky me, equip came in 1lvl higher when compared to current system).

However, your issue isn't really an issue. It is the price you pay for progressing faster without balancing out your camp.

Edit- but it is a silly system. Agreed
    anniesprinkles
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    Um so what lvl are your survivors? Obviously not lvl 15 since you claim that gear is trash...I still keep lvl 15 gear btw and Ive got lvl 20s (for when I get a good rollout from radio call and I just NEED to dress my people up in the best available).
    So...lvl 16? Or 17 since you said it's 2 lvls lower at best? If you are lvl 17, then from the update notes, seems like you should be getting gear lvl 16 and above and therefore it's not working as intended.
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    edited July 2017
    Based on this thread from @jimmorrison369

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/22650/psa-expected-survivor-lvl-vs-challenge-rewards

and @I_Am_Psycho post above saying he's at camp Lvl 45 then the expected survivor level should be 16 (will jump to 17 at 46) so -1 to ESL is 15 which is the minumum level he could receive based in camp level.

I can see the frustration when you're on RSL 21.2 and getting minumum 20 Lvl items and gear then get this Lvl 15 item but the rewards between the two are calculated completely differently.

End game players don't have quite the same discrepancy since when we play RSL 22+ were pretty much guaranteed minimum Lvl 21 items from both types of rewards.

Deluxe and challenge being based the same way regarding our ESL but mission reward crates can't give us any items above Lvl 22 (so where you can get Lvl 20 gear from RSL 21 we can't get Lvl 24 gear from RSL 25)

I_Am_Psycho

@I_Am_Psycho

However, your issue isn't really an issue. It is the price you pay for progressing faster without balancing out your camp.

@jimmorrison369 - Of course its a real issue. Its effectively denying a proper reward for progress in the game.

There is no requirement to balance out the camps and not doing so shouldn't be punished in this way.

I'm currently level 17 and have 2 level 18 survivors. I've been upgrading level 18 gear for 2 weeks and next challenge I focus on training to complete the level up.

@DLich - I do realise players already on the max level can't get gear above their level. I was explainjng it from the perspective of a hard working player striving to get to that stage but still has a few months graft to get there ;)

jimmorrison369
    "There is no requirement to balance out the camps"
    Apperently there is...
    We are currently talking about it.

Still agreeing on everything else.
    MabikiI_Am_Psycho
    In that case I await NG staff clarification on this requirement :p

This concerns crates for reaching various milestones during challenges, and camp level should not dictate what is in the pool of rewards that could randomly be given.

Going back to the OP, the token crate is often insulting and not worth the effort. I think NG need to address the suitability of rewards in the context of Deluxe Challenge and Token Crates, so that it can be considered worth playing on, to get to the next Crate.

jimmorrison369Avengers
  • TWDSkutterTWDSkutter Member Posts: 160
    With the idiotic token dilution IMO all token crates should be hero's at a decent token amount. If you want to make everyone happy I suppose you could offer a choice.
    This space for rent

["Retribution" guild ... email [email protected] for info]
    edited July 2017
    From my understanding the types of chests offerred range in quality potential being -

Silver TG Crate
    Challenge Crate
    Gold TG Crate
    Deluxe Crate
    Epic TG Crate
    Legendary TG Crate

I believe all of those are determined by the same method which is dependant upon camp level.

Bronze, Silver & Gold mission crate rewards are determined by the RSL of the mission they are pulled in and range is -1 through +1 with a max cap of 22.

Example RSL 21 can get Lvl 20 through 22. Example RSL 22 or higher can get 21-22.

Token crates I believe range between 8 and 32 and is completely random.

12.5K TG crate is dependant upon highest survivor level of the type of gear for that survivor.
    Example - Lvl 18 bruiser will get Lvl 18 bruiser gear offerred but Lvl 19 assault will get Lvl 19 gear offerred for the same account.

I_Am_PsychoDavid_H79
    Hopefully NG will look at making the rewards in Deluxe Challenge and Token Crates fairer.

The rest of the crates (at the end of misdions) aren't related to this, and generally, I get quite good income from them anyway.

DLich
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    What shall I say? I am maxed out on tomatoes and my last challenge crate, free silver TG shop crate and one guild give have been tomatoes - thanks for nothing, I guess?!
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    gespuerGrimGael
  • Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 682

With the idiotic token dilution IMO all token crates should be hero's at a decent token amount. If you want to make everyone happy I suppose you could offer a choice.

A few months ago I suggested that instead of a token crate, we receive a free 15-radio call, like the free 1-radio call we get now. It would have to be used before continuing to avoid the hording NG is so terrified of.
    Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

• DLHDLH Member Posts: 401

1100 token crate from Terminus challenge and 920 & 1100 crate this week. It got better
    Asylum/BlackjacknBeef Guild Family
    gespuer
  • bradnolabradnola Member Posts: 70
    Every single reward post 800 stars should be 25 radios.
    ggbats
  • JeemPedJeemPed Member Posts: 159
    This is for my guild mate R2
  • JeemPedJeemPed Member Posts: 159
    Sorry pic didn't show. It's was the 9 Jesus tokens I got for the 1100 reward
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    I think I was lucky to get 28 tokens from my 920 token crate. Would have been happier if it hadn't been bruiser tokens... But at least the amount was good and felt rewarding.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • 淡水地鼠淡水地鼠 Member Posts: 278
    pink stars is about reducing body shoot