Co-leaders?

TravisTravis Member Posts: 96
I think we should add the rank of co-leader (or whatever you want to call it) to the game. Sometimes, for whatever reason, guild leaders may have to step away from the game for a short period of time. In their absence there should still be someone of authority in the guild. This would be a good move to spread the power more evenly over the guild members as well, as I feel elders may have too much power. Elders shouldn't be able to demote and boot other elders, that should be up to the leader, or co-leader.

Power breakdown:

Leaders

Can promote, demote, boot any guild member. Accept new members. Edit guild description, etc.

Co-leaders

Can promote members to elder. Can demote elders and boot members. Accept new members.

Elders

Can promote member to elder. Cannot demote elder. Can boot members. Accept new members.

Members

Do what you're told lol :tongue:

I feel this will give more opportunity for members to become elders, and incentive for elders to become co-leaders.

Thoughts? Comments? Hate mail?
Phalanx44CaptainslayerJiltedProphet

Comments

• Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    Good breakdown. The only thing i would add, is if the "leader" goes AWOL, after a certain period if time, the co-leader should be granted authority to demote and/or boot said "leader".

Nothing worse than trying to build a productive team of 20, and to forever be blockaded by an absent leader, who doesnt contribute.
    Travisvalereeel2wannabe
  • TravisTravis Member Posts: 96
    > @Phalanx44 said:
    > Good breakdown. The only thing i would add, is if the "leader" goes AWOL, after a certain period if time, the co-leader should be granted authority to demote and/or boot said "leader".
    >
    > Nothing worse than trying to build a productive team of 20, and to forever be blockaded by an absent leader, who doesnt contribute.

My current guild was formed for that exact reason. Old clan was full of active people but leader went AWOL, so we planed a mass migration lol.

I like that option.
  • aws_137aws_137 Member Posts: 9
    I also want leaders/co-leaders/elders to be able to advertise for the guild.
    l2wannabeCaptainslayerTravisKing_Redeemer
  • valereeevalereee Member Posts: 179
    I'd just like to see a guild have some way of promoting someone to leader if the leader goes AWOL for some period of time. Reforming is a pain unless your guild is using a chat app.
    Winner of the 'Post Your Worst Jackpot' contest Jan18
    TravisKing_Redeemer