What are your ideas for new survivor class-specific weapon traits?

Scout has had 2 specific weapon traits in Swift Strike and Threat Reduction. Hunter had Large Caliber and now Incendiary. Bruiser has Concussion, Assault has Wide Spread, Warrior has Wide Arc, and Shooter has High Powered.

More survivor class-specific weapon traits would open up new strategies and fun possibilities. A few ideas I've had:
Warrior Weapon:
- Immobilize = A body shot has an X% chance of cutting the walker in half. They can no longer move, but still attack you if you run by.
- Disarm = A body shot has an X% chance of cutting the walkers arms off, permanently reducing that specific walker's damage by 50+%.
Assault Weapon:
- Impede = There is a X% chance that the shot will slow down walkers, resulting in the walkers can move only 1 space instead of 2 during their next turn.
- Bright tracer = The bright bullets have X% chance of blinding the walker and disorient them back into wandering mode for 1 turn.
Shooter Weapon:
- Pistol Whip = Shooter deals X amount of damage by hitting one adjacent walker with the pistol at random at the end of each turn cycle (similar to Bruiser's Punish Trait).
- Penetrate = Shooter's shot can hit a second walker if it is directly behind the first walker.
Bruiser:
- Home Run = There is a small X% chance that the hit will knock the head off a walker, resulting in an instant one hit kill regardless of damage dealt or health.
- Knock back = Overwatch attack will knock back an incoming/adjacent walker one space to create separation.

I'd love to hear what ideas other people might have?
David_H79DLichGladiMonsutaPapacasGindyCaptainslayerEL34xyzPhalanx44JeemPedJadenekimhclewWahooDawgzeeblackdocfinzenburgTeeceezyConan1976gespuerbigbeanoPowerUKMattOfEarththebulljimmorrison369AvengersDEADITE_HUNTER

Comments

• David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    I absolutely love your idea, especially the warrior weapon traits. (Let's hope for some bodyshots ;) )

Ranged class weapons: Rubber bullets - x% chance to stun your target
    theldssdlMattOfEarthjimmorrison369
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,334
    "Knock Back" is really strategical... Some good ideas here.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    theldssdlMattOfEarthjimmorrison369
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,402
    They are some awesome ideas I hope ng will implement some or all of them
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    theldssdlgespuer
  • 淡水地鼠淡水地鼠 Member Posts: 278
    Piercing always go first among range weapons
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,402
    @Human3001 some of those sound complicated to implement (although I'm the furthest thing possible from a programmer so I don't know lol) and sound like leader traits
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
  • Human3001Human3001 Member Posts: 103

@Human3001 some of those sound complicated to implement (although I'm the furthest thing possible from a programmer so I don't know lol) and sound like leader traits

Yes they would be probably more suitable as hero traits. My bad. Didn't read the topic carefully. If they are diffifult to implement? I don't know. I'm as much a programmer as I am an astronaut ;) but I think as long as we dream, we give NG the chance to surprise us.
    Mavericks UC
    paintbeast
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,086
    Scout:
    Chain reaction: The scout has a certain % chance of hitting multiple targets
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY fOuR with OnE hUnDrEd & FiFtY ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
    theldssdlJenng
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Awesome ideas @theldssdl ! Will pass on to the team.
    theldssdlMattOfEarththebull
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 620
    I'm going to push for Shane again. His leader trait could be that only 2 out of 3 survivors need to be in the exit zone to complete a level.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    theldssdlpaintbeastgespuerTroublemaker
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    > @MattOfEarth said:
    > I'm going to push for Shane again. His leader trait could be that only 2 out of 3 survivors need to be in the exit zone to complete a level.

Fun idea -- but remember that leader traits must be upgradeable, so it either needs to be a percentage chance of something happening or a percentage bonus to something that is already happening.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    CaptainslayerMattOfEarthJenng
    edited July 2017
    @TheLostOnes good point. I only ever thought of it as fitting to the character.

After a few rounds of The Archives, I'd like to add any trait that might allow for starting with a charge point or two.

Please, don't bring up Sasha. My Sasha is still Rare, and I never see Sasha Tokens. Her trait would be great, but it never works for me.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    Oohh.... how about the other two survivors gain HP at a % of the amount taken from the third?

Avengers
    That wouldn't be that effective, and would only add to my frustration with "heroes" who's traits only apply when hit/bruised/injured, but I feel Shane has his place, and we should see him someday.

• kiwinz7kiwinz7 Member Posts: 888
    Something that does not eventually become nerfed
    Ranked #1 in Australia for Weekly Challenges

Ranked in the Top 30 Globally for Weekly Challenge

TWD NML Guild Council Member

Recruiter & Legacy Eh Leader a Top 5 Global Guild

Former Leader of Vault112 Top 20 Global Guild & it's 4 Guilds (Vault112, Vault112B, Vault112C & Vault112D) is now a part of the Eh family

Rise Up & Join the EH Family [email protected]
    thebullgespuerJenngCaptainslayer
  • QB34QB34 Member Posts: 60
    Great ideas!!!! Especially the warrior ones. Would love to see weapons be infinitely upgradeable like survivors though and have 4 traits at epic and 5 at legendary! Even though that's most likely never going to happen
    Also survivors being able to carry 2 weapons would be cool and actually realistic. Like a shooter being able to carry a knife or a hunter having a rifle with a bayonet on the end. Your second weapon could be used each turn but you couldn't move after you used your first weapon. Would be great for close quarter combat. Would definitely create new strategies
    MattOfEarthAvengerssligoem
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    I like the knock back idea the most; my motto is: stay the hell away from me you f***ing zombies!!! Especially archives, oh bloody archives :tired_face:
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    Jenngtheldssdl