Help with melee survivors

mike118mike118 Member Posts: 30
edited July 2017 in Strategy Discussion
Hi everyone!

I’m new here in the forum, but been following it now and then for announcements and hints. So first of all, thank you for all great tips. English is not my native language, so you have to excuse my spelling and grammar.

I´m a lvl 63 F2P player, who been playing for almost a year and a half. For the moment I get 1200+ challenge stars. As the headline of this post says, I need help with melee survivors. I never use any melee survivors in missions, except Glenn in scavange missons. Usually I use a couple of hunters with a shooter or an assult. There are also some heroes I use, especially Abe, when it gets tough.

I have never been in a game for so long or spent so much time playing as in this, which I believe are thanks to my guildmates. There’s lot of fun and competition, a few stars short and you will end up on 5th place instead of winning. The challenges length and the competition makes it hard to experiment with different setups, there´s too little time…

Here are my melee survivors for the moment. Please give me some advice which I should save, ditch, invest tokens in or traits looking for. And please take a look at my assaults too.

Thanks in advace

/M118

Best Answer

Answers

• mike118mike118 Member Posts: 30
    edited July 2017
    ohh, should have checked the preview before posting. Sorry it got a bit messy with survivors and their traits... thanks David, I think I got it better now
    anniesprinkles
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    @mike118
    you could add screenshots to your post.
    That would make it easier to help. :)
    anniesprinkles
    I´ll give it another try with screenshots...

The only bruiser I have, is he worth uppgrading more?

anniesprinkles
    Thank you David for your input.
    The reason why I don´t use melee is that I easier get bruised and then loose stars in challenges. Perhaps it´s because I´m not use to play with melee. But there was one time when I wasn´t even close to pass a challenge mission and I read a hint to use a scout. I didn´t make it with the scout, but I was really really close. My thouht was to use melee in those situations.
    Is doge better to have than power strike? Does dodge work when you get higher? I thought it didn´t so I went with Frank instead of Joanne.
    /M
    anniesprinkles
    mike118 said:

Thank you David for your input.
    The reason why I don´t use melee is that I easier get bruised and then loose stars in challenges. Perhaps it´s because I´m not use to play with melee. But there was one time when I wasn´t even close to pass a challenge mission and I read a hint to use a scout. I didn´t make it with the scout, but I was really really close. My thouht was to use melee in those situations.
    Is doge better to have than power strike? Does dodge work when you get higher? I thought it didn´t so I went with Frank instead of Joanne.
    /M

I use melee in challenges for missions which I can't pass with ranged like inside and out or into the woods. So 1 star with melee is better than nothing. There also some maps, where you can bring three scouts for their moving range.

Second question is determined by the playing style and preferences of the player. I personally would prefer dodge over power strike, but there are also user who would choose the other way.
    At higher levels dodge still works. When it starts that you get critical hits against you, you can't dodge these critical hits. But when dodge triggeres the critical turns into a normal hit.

mike118anniesprinkles
    For assaults I would go with Bernard.
    Nice combination of traits.
    Compared to the other two, I would prefer iron skin and dodge over bullet dodge.
    mike118anniesprinkles
    Thank you for your aswers David!
    David_H79anniesprinkles
  • anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 267
    @mike118 I'm so jealous! I would love to have Freddy and Joanne.
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

David_H79mudpie