What could this "mystery" gamemode be?

Comments

• TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,077
    iBolski said:

By "die" I hope they don't mean permanently. Never liked that mode of the game when they had it. I put way too much time and effort into some of my players that there is no way I want to lose them permanently.

I didn't ask them specifically, but I doubt that would be the case. they don't want your heros to die.
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,408
    Im excited about the new game play I'm really hopings it's as good/exciting as we are lead to believe and hoping it's guild vs guild.
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    GrimGaelkjmia421gespueriBolski
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,098
    @TransmuteJun thanks for sharing the update. Lets hope they don't require fuel for opening the next room. This would be an end to the fun in the new game mode
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY fOuR with OnE hUnDrEd & FiFtY ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    I'm good with the ice massage, @Jenng but adhesive strips and fur just don't mix ;)

(Still working on custom made throat guard, started last year?)
    bigbeanoJadenJenngAvengers
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,357
    I'm assuming will be a high fuel cost but if you get to round 4 the reward is that many fuel tanks. Also from the hints about wanting to have high level survivors it will be same difficulty for everyone giving end game players and advantage, unlike the challange system. Oh and assume hospital time but rewards will be worth it. Similar to the old deadly missions.
  • DoggityDoggity Member Posts: 20
    The new exciting game mode will be level 16 reward goods for your level 21 survivours instead of level 15 reward goods.
    Pain Walker
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    @Shteevie you sneaky bast***d!!

LOL
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    ant
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,357
    Armour and weapons being locked makes most sense for a never ending survival mode.
    DLichJaden
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,506
    I am 0.1% certain that the first point is legit.

Also going to drop this here ;)

Playing Events Only? Come and play with Token ManiacRRs https://bit.ly/TokenManiacRRs . We only do Events! NO BOARDS!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 386
    That was a good one by @Shteevie. All those things were from threads discussing different things that would be cool to see in the game except the tank of gas thing. So I'm going to go with the tank of gas as the true one. We'll see...soon. lol
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    Pigzeowerussligoem
  • zombieornottobezombieornottobe Member Posts: 5
    > @DLich said:
    > .... never ending until you die.
    >
    > So NML will be just like life... complete achievements like graduate, get married, buy a house, retire... never ending until you die.
    >
    > TWD NML has just become the realest mobile app game ever!! :trollface:

Get divorce, file bankruptcy, have gall bladder removed, get fired...
    DLichbigbeano
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,530
    edited July 2017
    wglovett said:

Shteevie said:

While we're all just 'speculating' about info from inside the dev team, I thought I would share some more juicy tidbits:

• There is definitely perma-death for survivors and heroes... That way, you need to start making radio calls again to re-unlock your heroes!
    • And each time you try a mission and don't win, one of your buildings is knocked down a level. You'll always have a use for your Supplies now.
    • We're also going to make the difficulty exponentially harder for player who have upgraded their survivors by increasing the stats of walkers faster than the players. So the best rewards will require the highest levels, but those players have the hardest time winning the missions.
    • During this game mode, weapons and armor are 'locked' on to a character, so it's not just your character levels that you need to worry about.
    • Some of the rewards in this game mode are things that player's don't even have yet and can't currently equip to their survivors.
    • And each mission will cost about 1 full tank of gas.
    [All of these statements except one are false.]
    you get paid for this bs?
    @wglovett welcome to the forums as I see you joined about 30 minutes ago

When I drive by a store and I see a "going out of business sale" displayed on a banner in the front of the store I get excited thinking I'm going to get a great deal on items from within the store. Surely if the store is going out of business there should be deep discounts involved. What those discounts are I won't know until I'm physically in the store and looking at the merchandise.

If I'm standing outside the store and an employee outside who is smoking a cigarette on his break tells me 6 things it sells and 5 are out of stock then so be it. If that same person tells me 6 things it might sell but only one of them it actually caries then so be it. The employee who is on break is not obligated to tell me anything.

Again probably a terrible analogy but I think the main purpose of the in game announcement was to generate buzz and speculation. Shteevie's post continues to do the same. I'm excited to try out the new game mode. It's new content that many players have asked for (although isn't story missions or a new challenge map).

That's just my $.02 anyway.

Again welcome to the forum

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    afroponixPutchucosmann
  • afroponixafroponix Member Posts: 503
    edited July 2017

So I have some information on that, because when I met the NG people at Comic Con this past week, they spilled a bit.

It's apparently a kind of endless survival mode, which keeps getting tougher and tougher until you die. The NG people with whom I spoke were very excited about it. I was a bit confused and asked them point blank how that would be any different from farming walkers until they got to 1 xp each, and they said, 'there are new gates to open and new areas to explore... you'll have to wait and see, but it will be different'.

So my understanding is that you will start in an area and clear it out, then open the gate the the next area, and so on and so on and so on, never ending until you die.

So does that mean I have to kick the hobos out of my memorial tent? Is this permadeath or just death death...would be fun to fight my former survivors now zombified.....I guess.

I kind of had a feeling it would be a survivor series type situation where you go and go till you die, and can swap in other survivors as others die...great way to destroy your ranks, hope they have good rewards set up . Ok, I win. Gimme that cake with teeceezy dancing out of it....

Or the imaginary version, wait I already have the imaginary version in my imagination!!! Thanks brain!

That was the deal right?
    Guts & Glory, not always in that order.
    Allout12Avengersdeb1hd
  • afroponixafroponix Member Posts: 503
    edited July 2017

I am 0.1% certain that the first point is legit.

Also going to drop this here ;)

Please tell me this isn't the guy making it, he can't remember words or pronounce them..(sorry, don't mean to be mean)
    Guts & Glory, not always in that order.
    bigbeano
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Ditto that!
    My guess is #3 being correct.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Dodkong
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    Neil_J said:

Ditto that!
    My guess is #3 being correct.

Have to agree, with @Neil_J here, 3 has the most detail to it and has some basis already in the game as a precedent.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,530
    @WahooDawg it's not what you think.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    WahooDawgJenngJadenbigbeano
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,396
    edited July 2017
    Waist (edited for the unsexy spelling) lmao down @WahooDawg
    Duh! We've discussed this exact scenario before ( I'm thinking to the death I'm definitely gonna need to pee a little) :D
    DLichWahooDawgbigbeano
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,396
    Ummm...... That might lead to more than a warning @vshield but I appreciate your attempt at upping my street cred lmao

Plus we wouldn't want a nauseas @wrinkled_bag or @Bill_ZRT they've both been feeling queasy :*
    vshield50