Raider in struggle immune to stun?

DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,530
I wish I had taken a before and after screen shot but I expected everyone I hit to get stunned. The scout raider "Max" was struggling with a walker. I came over using my assaults stun charge and it stunned the 2 as seen in the photo, it killed the Walker max was struggling with and freed up max but didn't stun him.

Thankfully I still had another move on that turn and was able to defeat him but wondering is this working as intended?

It didn't say "stun resisted" when I shot him (at least I don't recall seeing it"

*edited to add screen shot.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
| My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
jimmorrison369

Comments

• I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    I've noticed raiders I've set on fire, are no longer on fire. Twice. On both occasions the raider went out of sight but when revealed later, were no longer on fire.

I don't know if raiders are supposed to be able to extinguish themselves or not, so I can't say for certain its an irregularly.

But I am 100% certain they were set alight before hiding, so I'm wondering if the software forgets the state of the raider being on fire.

I waited for ages for the 2nd occurence.

I'll hopefully remember to take screenshots before and after on that mission now., in case it is a bug.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 569
    @I_Am_Psycho That is working as intended. Burning works alike bleeding, if you use up your turn for healing, the fire will get extinguished.
    I_Am_PsychozeowerusNG_Sam
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    Seems like max somehow dodged the assault charge attack. I've heard of (and now experienced) cases where ranged survivors like assault and hunters "miss" some of the enemies.
    I just had it happen to me. My hunter was shooting at a tank farther away on Deads End but he missed the walker that was in the way (accessible not behind corners...I checked). During the walkers turn, that Walker came and hit me! Why do walkers dodge attacks?!?
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,007
    edited July 2017
    @DLich
    Nice catch,
    It would be strange if this was intended...
    I vagely remember something like this happening to me too a while back.

@Avengers
    Whatever happened in your case, it had nothing to do with dodge.
    Only survivors dodge.
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    Why do we (players) always have to fish in murky waters? Any confirmation about this issue, NG?
    @Fearofabotplanet , @Shteevie ???
    Avengers
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    @jimmorrison369 not saying it was "dodge"specifically but sure looked like the bullet just decided not to go through the walker in front.
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    jimmorrison369
    edited July 2017
    @DLich
    Just tested it. And that's how the mechanics work apperently.

@Teeceezy , @Shteevie.
    Is this intended?

When you use an Assault charge attack on a struggling freemen, you'll stun the walker but not the freemen.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,530
    @jimmorrison369 in your test it broke the struggle between the Walker and the freeman?

Mine killed the walker which logically would break the struggle he was having with the freeman but I figured everyone I hit would get stunned including the freeman whom was in the struggle.

But if the hit isn't enough to kill the walker and he gets stunned and it breaks the struggle he's having with the freeman I would think it would stun them both.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    jimmorrison369gespuer
    This could be true yes. I did kill the walker indeed.
    I assumed it would be the same, but maybe it would be different. I'll get one more shot during this challenge.

I'll try to keep the walker alive enough to survive my hit.
    Either way, it's still weird that the freemen doesn't get stunned
    Avengers
  • SmittySpivey3SmittySpivey3 Member Posts: 324
    More fuzzy math on Freeman. Ive seen them teleport too, its quite amusing. stay away from them with one melee and two ranged and hit overwatch. As it tries to cheat you each of your players get their successive overwatch attacks off and the freeman jumps back to a past position. To your point @DLich we all know the freeman gag is not fixable because they don't care. :|
  • NG_SamNG_Sam Staff Posts: 539
    @I_Am_Psycho Steeboon is correct here. A turn off to put out that fire works exactly like bleeding, so that is working as intended. @DLich I'll ask about the walker struggle and stun :)
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    @Fearofabotplanet what happens if you are bleeding AND on fire at the same time? Does bandaging stop both?

In this screenshot my survivor was on fire and then next turn was shot again to make him bleed. I just focused on finishing the raid so I wasn't able to test.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    gespuer
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    > @Fearofabotplanet said:
    > I believe that taking the one turn off should remove both conditions at once. It's quite a rare occurrence to be both bleeding and on fire at the same time though; cauterisation gone wrong perhaps?

Thanks. From action movies we have learnt that fire can heal a wound so it does make sense that it only takes one round.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    NG_SamDLich
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    @Fearofabotplanet and @Steeboon - thanks for explanation. I haven't ever been on fire yet so had no gameplay experience of this.

Basically I got a new toy and XP to burn (no pun intended ...), so I tried it out. I had thought it would be useful with those pesky raiders.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    NG_SamDLich
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Lol, @Fearofabotplanet you should try playing NML outposts and see how rare it is.
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    But yes, 1 AP takes care of both.