Movement preview circles

Is this a new thing? Now before I finish a turn, preview cirlcles appear that show where the walkers will move to after turn is finished. Makes it too easy. Please bring back the guessing factor. B)
Smooth but strong and on the rocks.
DeeLHC

Comments

• AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    Pics or it didn't happen
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    GovernatorbladgierMattOfEarth
  • drkuhardrkuhar Member Posts: 144
    I have seen those as well. It usually is like the border of where you can move your survivor but they pop up when your going to be opening something that releases walkers so you can't move your player there. The most I've seen them is for example this week's mission when you open the box truck to let out the armored walkers. If tried to position your other survivors around the one opening the door there are certain spots that are bordered out so you can't .
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    I wish we had those !!
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    Avengers
  • autumn_ashautumn_ash Member Posts: 325
    I guess that these blocked areas were made in an attempt to not allow players to block walkers' respawn points... but something gone wrong.
    TWD ⭐️ FearTWD ⭐️ Ride with Norman Reedus
  • rustynailrustynail Member Posts: 145
    I can't post a screen shot of it because it happens during the action in a turn and then they disappear. But they allow me to see where to position my hunter to take out the spawning row. Not a bad thing but it seems like a mistake.
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited August 2017
    I'm almost too scared to post this because it ... erm .., benefits the player ... hehehe

Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    Those circles have been there for at least a year. I remember seeing them back in 2.0 and 2.1. We also give some "sound wave" effects behind obstacles that block line of sight in order to give you hints as to where enemies are that are beyond 1 turn of movement away.

Don't worry; they aren't going away. The only easy alternative I can think of would be to stop the character short, but that would be problematic for a variety of reasons and possibly feel like a bug for lots of players.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    MattOfEarthRedEye52CaptainslayerrustynailPutchuco
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    Shteevie said:

Those circles have been there for at least a year. I remember seeing them back in 2.0 and 2.1. We also give some "sound wave" effects behind obstacles that block line of sight in order to give you hints as to where enemies are that are beyond 1 turn of movement away.

Don't worry; they aren't going away. The only easy alternative I can think of would be to stop the character short, but that would be problematic for a variety of reasons and possibly feel like a bug for lots of players.

Oh man! I'm so very relieved to hear that message! Thanks @Shteevie !
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

DLichMattOfEarthCaptainslayer
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,827
    rustynail said:

Is this a new thing? Now before I finish a turn, preview cirlcles appear that show where the walkers will move to after turn is finished. Makes it too easy. Please bring back the guessing factor. B)

It is either badly worded, or @rustynail is talking about something else.
    The circles shown by @I_Am_Psycho are actually the current location of the walkers, not a prediction of where they will move.
    MattOfEarthAvengersrustynail
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited August 2017
    @jimmorrison369 - Fair comment. I've been overtired and didnt re-read OP to check it was same thing
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • rustynailrustynail Member Posts: 145
    The circles i am referring to a circles that appear before you perform an action like opening a truck etc. They show where the fresh 'n tasty walkers will go after being released from a truck or where they will spawn, not the walkers that already are on the gameboard. To me this is a new thing. But.....maybe...i have been playing with closed eyes for a year :|
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 618
    As soon as you go to open the door, the incoming positions are determined and the circles show up before the animation of the incoming is activated. The circles are marking their current location, like @shteevie says. One of many cases where the outcomes of actions are shown before the animation triggers.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,394
    I'm not sure why you would want these removed but each to their own, I'm glad they will not be going anywhere.
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    MattOfEarthAvengers
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    rustynail said:

The circles i am referring to a circles that appear before you perform an action like opening a truck etc. They show where the fresh 'n tasty walkers will go after being released from a truck or where they will spawn, not the walkers that already are on the gameboard. To me this is a new thing. But.....maybe...i have been playing with closed eyes for a year :|

Not new
    MattOfEarthrustynail