Power Strike wording is confusing me. How does it actually work?

How does this trait actually work? I have it on a scout, and it reads "Attacks on your turn deal 30% more damage and have 30% better chance of critical if no movement". So I read it as, if I move 4 paces to attack, I deal 30% more damage. But if I don't move, I have 30% better chance of critical? Or is the whole trait based off of not moving and the 30%'s stack?? It's making my brain hurt.

What is the general opinion of power strike on a scout? And for that matter, what do you all consider a perfect scout these days with the new traits?
MadiCoon

Comments

• tabernactabernac Member Posts: 683
    No movement at all from the start of your turn is required for Power Strike to trigger.

I'm a big fan of Power Strike on Scouts, especially if there is any chance that you'll be using the Kingdom Spear or Pitchfork.
    bigbeanoDLichDMPTechfall
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 618
    As far as ideal traits; on a Scout I'd love to see Lucky, Strong, Ruthless... then 2 of either dodge, iron skin, power strike or retaliate. Maybe I'm forgetting something...
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    AvengersDMP
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    DLich said:

At this point, and I mean all due respect, but I don't know what to believe anymore when devs admins or moderators tell us something because it's often not the case when it comes to seeing it in action.

1) mission car upgrade to be 27 gas not 29

2) pre 2.6 survivors cannot get 2.6 traits

3) hospital upgrade debacle

4) Governors trait percentage on unlock

For all we know attacking when not moving us just that; move to a location near an enemy using 1 action point and then attack using the 2nd.

I can understand reluctance to believe the developers about how new features work given all the past (and recent) screw-ups, but power strike is not new, and it is easily testable, even if you are not personally interested in doing so.

It works when you don't move the survivor, just like sure shot. Many people have tested it and seen for themselves. With all due respect, there's no need to question something as obvious as a 30 percent attack bonus. You can see it easily in the damage numbers. Some future update could screw it up, but it is quite clear to me at least how it currently works, which is just as the description states. Apparently the wording is confusing to some, but the key phrase is "if you have not moved."

And yes, using interrupt with powerstrike is one of the best ways to take advantage of the trait, as well as Tabernac's suggestion about spawns. It was really helpful for me on last challenge with the fattie that spawns from opening the danger van.
    DMP
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    I've always been confused myself @SteveSS So thanks for asking this question!
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    MattOfEarthtabernacDMP
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 618
    I think the confusing wording is that the first half of the description does not mention not moving. It reads like all attacks are increased x% BUT when you didn't move, your crit chance increased by x%. I was confused about that myself.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    AvengersCaptainslayerDMPCoon
    Exactly! The first part doesn't connect with the second part well. The wording makes it feel like they are separate things

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    MattOfEarthDMP
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    Powerstrike on swift strike?
    Does that work, should it?
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    autumn_ashDLich
    @Putchuco

Only if you don't move, meaning you would have to start the turn with two walkers next to you; kill one, swift strike activates, kill the other.
    tabernacDodkong
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,037
    Just a simple question. Activating warrior charge attack gives you two moves. So if I move a space and kill a walker on the first move, will power strike activate on the second move, if I don't move any further?
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
    @zeeblack

No, because you have moved.
    Captainslayer
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited August 2017
    What isn't confusing is that power strike got nerfed when they nerfed interrupt because that was the traditional way to use power strike ---interrupt the walker or human threat and the next round the melee fighter could use power strike. That was back before the fun got sucked from the game. Now power strike isn't as awesome as it once was.

Thanks for reminding me of all that. It saddens me to see the direction of this game has gone since the great dodge and interrupt nerf of September 2016.

Ow well 2 and a half months tilll the start of season 8!
    tabernacDMPCaptainslayerCoon
  • autumn_ashautumn_ash Member Posts: 325
    I don't favour this trait, because, in my understanding, to make it work means to expose yourself to the damage (except the pitchfork cases), or to make some unreal top-grade strategy and tactics decisions, as ones as @tabernac mentioned above. But I don't always so skillful.

So for me it's that - how exactly should I attack with scout and do not move at all? it's only if enemy is next to me and hitting me, and it must be after my turn when it wasn't enough to kill him and I haven't retaliated and killed him. The only way to avoid this is to have a golden interrupt, as mentioned above. Which doesn't always woks too. :) And to dance, dance, and dance again.
    That way it seems power strike will work easier on bruisers, and on bruisers with punish.

Maybe I'll take a hold onto managing this skill sometime in the future.
    TWD ⭐️ FearTWD ⭐️ Ride with Norman Reedus
    DMP
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526

So for me it's that - how exactly should I attack with scout and do not move at all? it's only if enemy is next to me and hitting me, and it must be after my turn when it wasn't enough to kill him and I haven't retaliated and killed him. The only way to avoid this is to have a golden interrupt, as mentioned above. Which doesn't always woks too.

Golden interrupt works every time in outposts. Scouts needed for most TG grabs so I already bring him along and interrupt still works 100% of the time so that's ideally where I found this trait useful. Also scavenger missions. But when challenge RSL hits +4 my scout gets to go on vacation for the weekend!

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    DMPWahooDawgBttlOpenerPutchuco
  • DMPDMP Member Posts: 60
    All great answers. Thanks guys for the clarification.

Cheers!
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,548
    He is awesome I have a guy with the same traits.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
  • TechfallTechfall Member Posts: 168
    Question, does power strike apply to the 2nd attack of shooter and warrior special if you haven't moved?
    edited August 2017
    Yes @Techfall

Edit: But something to clarify here is that shooter doesn't have powerstrike...ranged survivors have the equivalent which is sure shot. Melee survivors have powerstrike

Mabiki
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    Power strike is melee only trait so it doesn't apply to a shooter, but I'd assume it will apply to a warrior

You can also use it on a bruiser, you overwatch and stun a walker (preventing any damage) and then you kill it easily. The problem of the stun/interrupt tactic are the body shoots, if the level difference is too high, you'll do a body shoot and you won't stun or interrupt.

> @Avengers said:
    > Yes @Techfall
    >
    > Edit: But something to clarify here is that shooter doesn't have powerstrike...ranged survivors have the equivalent which is sure shot. Melee survivors have powerstrike

Ah yea my bad so just warrior
    It will work on a shooter's charge too as long as shooter doesn't move. But sureshot plays the role of powerstrike in that sense that's all I was trying to say.

Techfall
    > @Avengers said:
    > It will work on a shooter's charge too as long as shooter doesn't move. But sureshot plays the role of powerstrike in that sense that's all I was trying to say.

Yup I understand, thanks !
    Avengers
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    So, do we agree then that powerstrike/sure shot can kick on the second move, even if survivor moved in the first? Making the second move a full, independent move in a way.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    Avengers
    edited August 2017
    Putchuco said:

So, do we agree then that powerstrike/sure shot can kick on the second move, even if survivor moved in the first? Making the second move a full, independent move in a way.

No. It only works on second move if you don't move at all. Go test it if you doubt it. Not moving is the one and only requirement for the trait to kick in. Crit chance and damage increase are both conditional on not moving. If you attack, then move and attack again - you have moved. Therefore you have not met the condition of not moving.

My head hurts...

mik81Captainslayerjimmorrison369SCBMA
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,827
    Putchuco said:

Making the second move a full, independent move in a way.

It is the same turn.
    Your next turn starts when the enemies's turn ends.
    MabikitabernacCaptainslayer
This discussion has been closed.