It's time to show us what we are getting

Why oh why do the 12.5k trade goods always come with useless traits? The last 7 assault rifles have gold silenced and either interrupt or lucky, why don't you let us see the traits before we buy? It's a lot of trade goods for scrap. Thats almost 100k I trade goods, please fix this,

What does everyone else think ?
Member of the Super Green and amazon Family Leader of Amazon’s 
MattOfEarthTroublemakerthebullDeeLHCBBRi

Comments

• I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    I don't think there is anything to fix because it's supposed to be random chance, so add they say, working as intended.

Don't get me wrong. I got burnt for a LOT of TG for gear with bad traits last week for only 2 good ones ... well, one good, the other just about OK but not special. Bug the rest were garbage. But its a choice I entered into knowing the changes of jackpot were very low.

Perhaps they'll consider an offer where traits are known for higher TG value though.

Where my gripe is, is the 7.5k TG gear level being set on camp level, as well as various gear rewards set the same way.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    1Ris
  • ThanosOfTitanThanosOfTitan Member Posts: 297

I don't think there is anything to fix because it's supposed to be random chance, so add they say, working as intended.

Don't get me wrong. I got burnt for a LOT of TG for gear with bad traits last week for only 2 good ones ... well, one good, the other just about OK but not special. Bug the rest were garbage. But its a choice I entered into knowing the changes of jackpot were very low.

Perhaps they'll consider an offer where traits are known for higher TG value though.

Where my gripe is, is the 7.5k TG gear level being set on camp level, as well as various gear rewards set the same way.

Has that not changed since the update ?
    Member of the Super Green and amazon Family Leader of Amazon’s 
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @DLich - I did something very similar a while back when lamenting about my TG store "bad luck"...it's up a few posts from the bottom (and some new traits have been added so not all of the math is accurate)

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/21187/definition-of-insanity-12-500-tg-gear#latest
    DLichbigbeanoDavid_H79
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554
    I should realize if I try doing it either @lmfgunnut or @OneLessTitan did it way before me :)

I was planning on doing some spreadsheet tomorrow but you did all the math way before my post today (and I figured I wasn't the first brain on here to figure it out). It's all about perception which yours shows. Awesome work. Can we bump it?

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Gindy
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,430
    Cheers for the short version I really didn't want to read all of that @DLich
    I must have decent luck as I've been pretty lucky with trait combinations
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    gespuer
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,753
    edited August 2017
    That's what she said.

Edited to add: I can't believe nobody said that first.
    RedEye52Gindy
  • GindyGindy Member Posts: 703
    jester said:

@dlich carries a slide rule.

And a pocket protector :naughty:
    jester
  • Human3001Human3001 Member Posts: 103
    It's the post apocalypse. Life has some bumps on the road when you're surrounded by walkers. I don't think they should show us what we get. Everytime I get a "perfect" combo it makes me smile like a little child. Don't take that away from us.
    Mavericks UC
    Dodkong
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    @Dlich You are assuming equal chances to every trait to be selected. I've always suspected, specially in a game that sells "perfect weapons" in bundles, that the chances to get one trait or another aren't equally, some traits have just better chances than others and of course those real chances are treated as "trade secret".

Have we ever get an official confirmation that all traits have the same chance to appear on a weapon?

DLich
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554
    mik81 said:

@Dlich You are assuming equal chances to every trait to be selected. I've always suspected, specially in a game that sells "perfect weapons" in bundles, that the chances to get one trait or another aren't equally, some traits have just better chances than others and of course those real chances are treated as "trade secret".

Have we ever get an official confirmation that all traits have the same chance to appear on a weapon?

DLich said:

Edit * this math assumes the odds of getting any trait in any position is exactly the same as getting any other trait in any other position.

If by some chance any trait, crit damage for example, doesn't have the same odds as lethal at any given point then these numbers are not correct but that would require manipulation by the "pool" of numbers.

We all know Carl tokens come up far less frequently than other heroes. My formula above wouldn't work in that sense. Only if the odds of getting Carl, governor, rare, legendary etc were all equal which they are not.

Exactly. This only works if infact the odds of getting any trait is equal to the odds of getting any other trait. We know heros in 15 radio calls don't have an equal chance as anything else and do know that the odds of rare's showing up are way higher than any other type.

Example in a 15 call you can have the following

Rare survivor
    Epic survivor
    Legendary survivor
    32 hero tokens
    128 hero tokens
    256 hero tokens.

The odds of getting any of these isn't 1/6. Rare survivors show up (at last data collected by someone on the forum) 85% of the time so it could be that these traits might not be as "random" as suspected.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'