2.7 Sneak Peek

FearofabotplanetFearofabotplanet Staff Posts: 539
From the trade for tomatoes thread it's clear that some of you are worried about trading in your tomatoes in case something in the next update requires a glut of tomatoes. So, I'm making this sneak peek thread to communicate a few changes that might effect how you spend your resources in the upcoming weeks. As this is going out a little earlier than other previews be aware that I might not be able to answer all of your related questions but will do the best I can now and over the coming weeks things will become clearer and clearer.

LET'S GO:

There will be no new council upgrade in 2.7. Short and sweet, no upgrading.

Something big is coming which will allow your survivors to be more powerful than ever. It's going to have the potential to make them so powerful that we're having to adjust the maximum limits on a few things to stop them from becoming (near-)invincible. We didn't want to change any stats on armour and weapons that you've already worked hard to get as we know that doing so is roundly unpopular. So instead: the maximum amount of critical hit chance that a normal attack can have will no longer exceed 90% chance and the maximum damage reduction will be limited to 80% reduction. Implementing these limits means that if your survivor would have over these limits, the buffs will stop at the limit. It is definitely worth reassessing your survivors set ups to make sure your equipment is putting as many people as close to those values as possible without going over. Charge abilities which guarantee critical hits are unaffected by this and will always critical hit as normal.

I wanted to communicate this to you all now ahead of time as it might change how you spend and assign your resources in the coming weeks and what weapons and armour you're aiming on getting etc. Very excited to reveal more in the upcoming weeks, it's looking to be a really amazing and really content filled update!

Edit for clarity: There's no council update doesn't mean there'll be nothing to spend supplies on, but nothing that maxed upgraded players shouldn't be able to afford by collecting supplies from their camp between the trade event ending and the update releasing.
General_Painjimmorrison369tomducat21Bill_ZRTDLichLightfeetOneLessTitanPutchucoKyrusTroublemakerJayZantzeowerusbladgierGovernatorI_Am_PsychoMattOfEarthRedEye521RisPicbooshPapacasTripodkjmia421AlexFiliUKNecroNekobradnolaTatdJdmred182DEADITE_HUNTERTheBRADLeyBaquila

Comments

• General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,458
    Let the fun begin
    JackBauerMacV
  • FearofabotplanetFearofabotplanet Staff Posts: 539
    edited August 2017
    @JackBauer That is a really good question and one that we've talked about implementing in the game in future. That's not something that's coming with this update, but on a general level you can count it in the traits and abilities which give you critical stacking on top of one another. @Shteevie will probably be able to describe this better than I am able.
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,343
    @Fearofabotplanet Thank you for clarifying that there will not be a council upgrade with 2.7. This is much appreciated as it lets players plan accordingly and take advantage of events like the current one without worrying that they're 'screwing themselves'.

Also, I hear that @Jenng wanted to be tagged. You're it!
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

sligoemDLichWeekOneJenng
  • tomducat21tomducat21 Member Posts: 308
    edited August 2017
    @Fearofabotplanet , can you give us a
    date for this update ?
    Thanks .
    kjmia421NecroNeko
  • What about we cannot crit SL+5 walkers?
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,028
    edited August 2017
    I hope its not another nerf badly implemented :/
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
    tdiddy1Riskjmia421
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,272
    @Shteevie - I don't know if this is a (possibly) new factoid revealed to us (or possibly a miscommunication?), but Sure Shot works in Overwatch? I was under impression that "attacks made on your turn" didn't include Overwatch as that seems like the "Walkers Turn."
    AvengersDoTak
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,043
    Huh. I always thought that the base critical chance was about 20-30%. I think @jimmorrison369 told me this back in the day?

Regardless, posts like this are a great step forward NG! I would love for there to be similar posts a bit farther out before each update. One of the weapons bundles last week had Morgans Staff with Concuss, the special arc Warrior weapon, and another weapon, and I avoided purchasing it because I was assuming another Council upgrade might have been coming soon.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    Bill_ZRTsligoemkjmia421anniesprinkles
  • KirnasKirnas Member Posts: 33
    Sure Shot works in Overwatch, only if you have not moved during the last turn.
    Maybe Shteevie was thinking about that when writing his exemple.
    bladgierCaptainslayerRedEye52kjmia421
  • @OneLessTitan thanks.
    So basically above SL+5 increased crit lvl will not help. Nice change, unfortunately without noticable effect.
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,458
    edited August 2017
    Are you thinking what I am thinking? Because she was thinking what he was thinking even though he knew what I was thinking... Lol got confused

Anyway watch this video for a hint at 2.7

DLichMacVkjmia421
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited August 2017
    Yes now that NG is working on better communication can NG please improve quality control and update testing so that they aren't chasing bugs after an update release and making us suffer through the debugging period?
    RedEye52kjmia421
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 242
    @Shteevie Thanks for the explanation on the hit calculation.

I realize this would require some development work, but it would be good for the players if players could enable a "detail" or "debug" mode that would give us the roll chance data for individual hits and damage, much like you describe above. Perhaps you have it already for your developers, but exposing something like this to the players would enable us to help you find bugs or problems. Perhaps this debug mode would be difficult to turn on unless a player knew specifically how to turn it on to prevent player confusion with those who don't understand it. If you want to control this display even more tightly, you could create a flag on an account that must be set by an NG admin to allow a player to set debug mode.

I can only imagine that a change like this upcoming one, combined with the existing survivor traits, hero traits, armor, and equipment has allowed for so many combinations that make it difficult and time-consuming to test them all. There are quite a few places in this game where hit and damage calculations could have issues or even unintended consequences. Adding some more dedicated, QA helpers (i.e. players) to your team would undoubtedly help improve the quality of the game in the long run.
    mik81RedEye52MacVkjmia421
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,716
    > @Shteevie said:
    > Sure Shot Level 3 [30% crit chance on Overwatch]

Sure shot works only at our turn. Overwatch is not our turn, hence it can't work then.
    @Shteevie
    @OneLessTitan
    @Kirnas

Btw good job on no council update, that a huge +
    vshield50
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,043
    nadecir said:

@Shteevie Thanks for the explanation on the hit calculation.

I realize this would require some development work, but it would be good for the players if players could enable a "detail" or "debug" mode that would give us the roll chance data for individual hits and damage, much like you describe above. Perhaps you have it already for your developers, but exposing something like this to the players would enable us to help you find bugs or problems. Perhaps this debug mode would be difficult to turn on unless a player knew specifically how to turn it on to prevent player confusion with those who don't understand it. If you want to control this display even more tightly, you could create a flag on an account that must be set by an NG admin to allow a player to set debug mode.

I can only imagine that a change like this upcoming one, combined with the existing survivor traits, hero traits, armor, and equipment has allowed for so many combinations that make it difficult and time-consuming to test them all. There are quite a few places in this game where hit and damage calculations could have issues or even unintended consequences. Adding some more dedicated, QA helpers (i.e. players) to your team would undoubtedly help improve the quality of the game in the long run.

Agreed, BUT implementing features like this come with trade-offs. If the choice is between seeing underlying damage calculations vs. having Overwatch/Retaliate work in the same turn or having it easier to swap gear between survivors, I would pick the latter options 11 out of 10 times.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,546
    @DLich Read the initial post from @Fearofabotplanet again, there was something added on the bottom.... >:)
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    DLichJadenkjmia421
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 242
    JayZ said:

Agreed, BUT implementing features like this come with trade-offs. If the choice is between seeing underlying damage calculations vs. having Overwatch/Retaliate work in the same turn or having it easier to swap gear between survivors, I would pick the latter options 11 out of 10 times.

Understandable opinion, but the only way we would know with certainty that the overwatch/retaliate calculation is correct would be a feature like this. NG and the players would get a lot of long-term leverage from exposure to the hit/damage roll data.

Finding issues sooner means fixing them sooner in the software development world. Players are finding problems in the game now; it just takes time and exhaustive research for players to figure out the issues. A feature like leads to a much cleaner, better game in the long run.
    kjmia421
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    @Shteevie

Is this a new trait (survivor or weapon/armor trait)? I'm guessing that it could be a new trait that buffs your crit hit chance and also reduces the walker attack... Not sure if it will be a combo of two traits or all in one... Would it be possible to get a confirmation? If it is a trait , is it universal?

And I'd kill for having a combat log in game.... That would be a real awesome feature.
    kjmia421