Why are all my outpost matches higher level than my survivors?

All my guys are level 17s, but I very seldom get matched with anything but level 20s. Once in a blue moon I'll get matched with someone with similar level survivors. It's not a huge deal as I normally just raid for TGs, but it's nice to at least have a chance to sometimes get influence points, and I almost never have any chance at all for that. How are the matches made?
Winner of the 'Post Your Worst Jackpot' contest Jan18
Xenathewarrioriivii

Comments

• DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @valereee
    I'm no expert on the subject of outpost mechanics, but I think matchups are made using your influence score. What is your influence?

My guess is your influence is high (5000+?) so most players at your level happen to have higher level survivors
    CarlyLightfeetXenathewarrior
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I don't know what it's based on either but with match up like this I'm guessing it pretty random.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    XenathewarriorOvergrowdaworldiivii
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    @DoTak I believe 3k tier is enough for @valereee to get lvl20 oponents. Hard to imagine that someone with lvl17 survs can make it to 5k tier, but maybe Im just lame and some ppl can do that.
    Dear @valereee , if you are at 3k influence or higher, try to lower it to get lower lvl oponents matches. Or keep tking TGs only...
  • valereeevalereee Member Posts: 179
    Oops, sorry, totally missed that there were more responses here, sorry! My player level is 63 w/ Influence of 2400 or so with level 20 survivors, and yes I'm still getting matched almost exclusively with level 22s, lol. The downside of training more slowly than most people do is outpost, I guess
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,538
    Before this thread gets shut down for necromancing; lvl 63 should have lvl 21 or 22 survivors. You need to upgrade your survivors.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    TJS
    @DLich yeah, I know. I've intentionally trained as slowly as I can.
    Other players at camp lvl 63 with 2400ish influence have lvl 21 and 22 survivors and it's why you are being matched up against them. Your matches use some combination of those two numbers to determine your opponents.

Yeah, fortunately I don't care much about influence, only play outpost for the TGs. But man is my defense getting smeared, lol!
    The other thing that happens: Legendary crates in the TG shop are ahead of my survivors, too. I will be unstoppable when I finally get level 23s
    DLich
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Gladi said:

Hard to imagine that someone with lvl17 survs can make it to 5k tier, but maybe Im just lame and some ppl can do that.

I've been in the 5K tier ever since I started playing Outpost in the teen levels. It was pretty easy - just run a bunch of outposts and kill people for a few weeks, and there you are. It's probably harder now that outpost walkers can go up to level 26, but I don't think most players are using their TG to level them.
    TJSOvergrowdaworldklman1612
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    Leveling up your walker to lvl26 is a total waste of TG.
    Your only giving your raider more xp.
    It might help stop players with lower lvl survivors but I think that would be rare and not make up for the 1000's of TG it takes to upgrade walkers to lvl26.

Just my opinion of course.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Governatorklman1612
  • wrinkled_bagwrinkled_bag Member Posts: 713
    I upgraded my walkers to allow raiders more xp. Makes up for the loss of treat boxes after completing a raid
    DLichvalereee
    at first seeing lvl 26 walkers was a pita. But now I actually enjoy it. I am thankful for those that have spent their TG's to give me more xp.

On the other hand, TG's are too important to me to be wasting on upgrading walkers to give opponents more xp. Sorry.

valereeeDoTakTJSklman1612