help with my 5 star guys

CoonCoon Member Posts: 282
So I have found that some pol don't like my 5 star shooter and think I should trade her in. I just don't like spending time with any survivor drops that arnt 5 star because ya never know what the traits will be. But have 1 gold 5 star in every class please help me decide if I should dump a couple. If so please tell me what traits they should have instead.

Comments

• CoonCoon Member Posts: 282
    Calamity was the better of my 2 shooters I was told but what other traits am I looking for and what is the best radio call to use for 5 star drop of regular survivors? The 15 or the 25?
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    I like your bruiser.

Scout is OK except lacks Retaliate trait. I don't keep melee survivors that are missing that myself.

Your Assault has what I consider perfect traits for that class.

I like your hunter a lot also. Some people don't like bullet dodge because it is more situational, but I would keep her. I have one with the same traits in fact.

Your shooter is OK, only problem is she has both vigilant and bullet dodge, which are less useful to me than traits like Iron Skin and Dodge.

I wouldn't call any of them bad, but scout and shooter both have room for improvement. Unless you need to clear a slot, keep all until you get someone better.

My must haves on ranged are Sure Shot and Marksman. Next I like Dodge, Lucky, and Iron Skin. Ruthless and Revenge are good too. Least desired are Vigilant and Defensive Stance. I keep anyone with 4 out of 5 great traits unless I have someone better already.

For melee I am more versatile. Retaliate and Dodge is a must. I like Strong next, along with Lucky, Iron Skin and Ruthless or Power Strike. DS and Vigilant are meh, unless I am building a tank-style survivor, where I want all the defensive traits possible (I only have one, but she is a badass interruptor). Punish is great on bruisers, but I don't have it yet because I haven't found one with other good traits..

That's my 2 cents.

BTW, if you have any questions about how Power Strike works, I can direct you to a great resource.
    GladiXenathewarrior
    Also, you have no warriors?
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,178
    Agreed on your assault and bruiser. Your assault is perfect IMO. I would certainly pump all of your tokens into bumping both up to 6*/7* one day.

Personally I quite like defensive stance, it seems most people who mention it put it in the undesirable trait list but if I get into a situation where I know I'm about to take a hit and can knock 40-50% damage off, that's huge. Your scout would be perfect with a weapon with gold interrupt especially when dealing with tanks/armoured. Overwatch when it is in range, interrupt should kick in and then you can make the most of power strike for the 2nd hit. Swift strike would help with that too.

Your hunter is nice. The only thing missing is lucky, although it depends how you do in the challenges. If you're trying for high rounds you'll miss lucky to help increase the chances of piercing kicking in.

As for your shooters I think sure shot/marksman/lucky are absolute must haves. With hunter/assault you'll often find yourself moving to get the right angle to hit the most zombies you can in one hit which will mean you might not get the effects of sure shot. For a shooter once you get silver/gold range on your weapon you'll find yourself sitting in one spot picking them off from a distance and those 3 traits ensure consistent crits. Iron skin/dodge/ruthless/defensive stance is what I would be looking for next.

I only have 2 5* survivors who I'm 100% happy with and have pumped up to 6*. A scout with strong, luck, dodge, iron skin and retaliate and a shooter with sure shot, marksman, luck, iron skin and defensive stance. My shooter for instance has iron skin on the armour too so in overwatch damage is reduced by 75% :).

Hope that helps
    Coon
    > As for your shooters I think sure shot/marksman/lucky are absolute must haves. With hunter/assault you'll often find yourself moving to get the right angle to hit the most zombies you can in one hit which will mean you might not get the effects of sure shot For a shooter once you get silver/gold range on your weapon you'll find yourself sitting in one spot picking them off from a distance and those 3 traits ensure consistent crits. Iron skin/dodge/ruthless/defensive stance is what I would be looking for next.
    >

I am guessing you were still talking about hunters in part of this unless you know a trick I don't know. Lol. But the information is awesome! Thanks!
    @Mabiki

I use my blue Ezeikiel because I have never had a gold warrior drop. I don't want to spend a lot of time a tokens on a warrior that might end up having basket weavingfor his 5th trait. I do have a warrior though but not sure about his traits... I will post
    @Mabiki

I just thought his traits were too defensive for a warrior. Am I wrong? I keep him around just for bench depth. Do you think he is worth upgrading and again which is better call to use for higher chance of a gold regular survivor? The 15 or the 25 platinum?
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,178
    @Coon Nah I was still talking about shooters. I would upgrade an assault/hunter without sure shot but wouldn't consider a shooter that didn't have that trait. I would scrap that warrior if it was mine, bullet dodge and vigilant are the 2 worst traits in the game IMO. With a warrior I would be looking for strong, luck and dodge for sure, then maybe iron skin, power strike or ruthless. If he had at least 4 of those I'd look to upgrade them :). Although I haven't had much luck with a warrior, I've a blue with strong, luck, dodge and power strike so I'm just saving up until I can afford to see what the 5th trait is!

Good luck!
    Coon
    You mention hitting as many targets as possible with 1 shot with shooters... That's why I figured you might know something I don't. Lol
    If you have the time and resources I have always thought bullet dodge would be useful on an outposT only team
    @Coon

I agree with @WellyLuga on the warrior traits.

As far as radio calls, definitely the 15 call. The 25 call guarantees hero tokens but won't have better odds on gold survivors, so 15 is a better value if you are focusing on regular survivors.

Also, if you get an epic survivor with 4 good traits, definitely consider investing tokens to unlock the final trait. For me it's really rare to get a 5-star survivor in a call, especially one with all great traits. Even if you roll the dice on an Epic and get a mediocre 5th trait, you will still have a great survivor and probably a lot sooner than waiting for a Gold in a call.
    Coontabernac