Update 2.7 New Game Mode Pre-Release Thread

Comments

• General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,463
    @Metal If you are worried about that then better make some 15 radio calls and hope for leg with good traits. The way you say it sounds like you have only 3 survivors at your disposal
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    @avelardez I would think Tara would work the same in all missions, ie she cannot heal anyone 'back to a green bar'.

@falowyn my guess would be that you cannot 'carry over weapon charges'. In my mind those belong to the survivor in that mission. Another survivor or another mission and they are gone. But, who knows, maybe I'm wrong ;)
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    mik81David_H79
  • CoonCoon Member Posts: 282
    > @paintbeast said:
    > > @Coon said:
    > > Also, is this still to be released today by 3 o'clock?
    >
    > Where do you keep getting such wildly inaccurate information?

I only repost information I garner from reliable sources such as from thread on the official game forum.
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    @Coon where was it ever said that the update was being released today?
    vshield50SCBMACaptainslayerGovernator
  • falowynfalowyn Member Posts: 73
    Will there be crates after each stage?

That is - will the new Governor's "Only The Best" Leader trait be usable in this game mode?
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,083
    So what if I use Tara and my fighters don't have an armor with the struggle trait and I am able to free my survivor by using the other two survivors help to kill off a walker. Tara still can't help me heal that survivor back. It's a sham. What is her use and trait for. Why is she being marketed for use in this new game mode. Or at least many will think about her usefulness now. Just sucks her listed trait don't say "unless in a struggle" trait can be used. That way it's clear to the player she has limitations.
    Pic
  • QB34QB34 Member Posts: 60
    What is the max number of survivor slots? Excluding heros. Just regular survivors
  • QB34QB34 Member Posts: 60
    Also will survivors defending our outposts be available for use in this game mode
    Putchuco
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    > @avelardez said:
    > So what if I use Tara and my fighters don't have an armor with the struggle trait and I am able to free my survivor by using the other two survivors help to kill off a walker. Tara still can't help me heal that survivor back. It's a sham. What is her use and trait for. Why is she being marketed for use in this new game mode. Or at least many will think about her usefulness now. Just sucks her listed trait don't say "unless in a struggle" trait can be used. That way it's clear to the player she has limitations.

Unless in a struggle wouldn't be enough.
    Freeman can bring you in the red zone too.
    CoonCaptainslayer
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 472
    Kinda like 1100 stars rewards 10 hunter tokens lol
    TroublemakerMuzzJadenGovernator
  • MuzzMuzz Member Posts: 74
    I'd take 10 hunter tokens over 100 Eugene tokens @Metal! All day long!
    CaptainslayerPic
    > @paintbeast said:
    > @Coon where was it ever said that the update was being released today?

There was a person whom had posted I'm a thread 2 weeks ago yesterday that the updayesbalways come on a Tuesday and predicted that it would be out the next day. So when that was wrong he changed the prediction to the following Tuesday which would have been last week
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    > @Coon said:
    > > @paintbeast said:
    > > @Coon where was it ever said that the update was being released today?
    >
    > There was a person whom had posted I'm a thread 2 weeks ago yesterday that the updayesbalways come on a Tuesday and predicted that it would be out the next day. So when that was wrong he changed the prediction to the following Tuesday which would have been last week

There's your mistake. Players don't work for NG and are therefore not privy to NG's schedule. Any info on release dates that doesn't come from Shteevie or a mod can not be taken as fact.
    CoonSCBMAGovernatorNG_SamMattOfEarth
    > @paintbeast said:

>
    > There's your mistake. Players don't work for NG and are therefore not privy to NG's schedule. Any info on release dates that doesn't come from Shteevie or a mod can not be taken as fact.

Please tell me you are joking with me! If I can't not believe everything people on the forums say then this has become a sad sad world to live in!
    JadenPicGobold69ant
    edited August 2017
    > @David_H79 said:
    >
    >
    > Unless in a struggle wouldn't be enough.
    > Freeman can bring you in the red zone too.

I disagreed with you @David_H79 because full and better details of Taras ability SHOULD be included in description. Tara will NOT heal players who have changed healthbar colors and does not work on struggling players.
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    I make my bet for next tuesday, since they announced the new game mode today on Facebook.
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 472
    @painwalker I have 19 survivors at level 22 and 16 of the 19 have maxed out Leg. Weapons and armor at level 25, but still wondering if you lose them all what happens
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    Are we done with questions and/or answers in regards to new game mode 'The Distance' ?
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,873
    Depends on the answers they give to the questions already asked I guess...
    Invader1Ris
  • snafusnafu Member Posts: 227
    Will each mission of 'The Distance' have a unique map? Or will there be 6 different maps which get a little harder after you've completed all of them?
    Pig
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited August 2017
    Pardon me if its been mentioned before, but this sounds very much like the Road to Survival mode of, errrr....... Road to Survival.

Still. Everything has to be investigated.

A question: Will we be free to use whatever survivors we wish, or like RTS, will we be forced to use only certain classes on certain maps?
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • NG_SamNG_Sam Staff Posts: 545
    @Neil_J You'll be free to use whichever survivors you want throughout.

@snafu They're unique environments, and The Distance will not always be the same.
    David_H79snafu
  • WhispererWhisperer Member Posts: 103
    I dont know if someone asked this already, but what lvl will zombies be at the beggining?
This discussion has been closed.