Update 2.7 New Game Mode Pre-Release Thread

Comments

• PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Names a bit rubbish "The Distance" but the mode sounds like it could be promising.

What I want to know is the following and apolgises if they have already been answered.

Is the mode going to be restricted, can we play twenty maps in a row without the dumass cooldown in challenge mode appearing? My time is limited and these restrictions in play are just a hinderance.

What maps will we be playing, new ones, or just the same old tired maps we are sick to death of?

And finally whats the reward structure, if the rewards are arse it dosnt matter how good the mode may be?
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
  • CzarnyJoCzarnyJo Member Posts: 70
    This mode is weekly, every week new line of missions ( like challenges ) or one time mode like story mode or seasonal missions?
  • fearofthedarkfearofthedark Member Posts: 27
    Is there going to be freemen also or just zombies?
  • FearofabotplanetFearofabotplanet Staff Posts: 539
    edited August 2017
    @fearofthedark The Distance isn't always going to be the same so that's a hard question, but I'm sure all of the threats in the game will make an appearance at one point or another.
    1Risdeb1hd
  • QB34QB34 Member Posts: 60
    edited August 2017
    @Fearofabotplanet still looking for answers to these questions...
    Will outpost defenders be available for use in this game mode?
    What is the maximum number of regular survivor slots our roster can have excluding heroes
  • FearofabotplanetFearofabotplanet Staff Posts: 539
    @QB34 You will be able to use all of your survivors, including those that are at the outpost. I'll have to get back to you about the survivor slots - it's a very high number. I wonder who has the most out of all of our current players?
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,823
    But.. @Fearofabotplanet ...for what reason we have to use "all" our surviviors? From the description i feel like we have a game like the challenge with an increasing difficult....but also in challenge even if i can start playing with weak survivors i use to start playing with my best ones...no risk to get bruised and to waste gas...
    So why we have to start playing with "all"??
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    The reason I see to use them all is because once their health is gone you've lost the mission. I'm going to use my weakest survivors first to get the most out of them saving my strongest for later. It was stated earlier how health will carry over if you take a hit even if it doesn't bruise you, you don't start the next mission with full health. There's lots of times in the challenges a walker will sneak out from behind a corner and give 200ish damage. You won't be able to get that back
    I have 24 plus heroes. 4 in each class
    Coon
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    @Fearofabotplanet am I to understand this mode has an "end" each week? It is it like challenges with no ceiling?
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,044
    I think I have 44 survivors including heroes... Some are very weak, though, because I never upgraded them...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • CoonCoon Member Posts: 282
    > @QB34 said:
    > I have 24 plus heroes. 4 in each class

That don't make no since! Even with using my fingers. Lol. 4 in each class is 24. Not 24 plus. But is you had said you had AT LEAST 4 in each class it would better define the number...
    Not trying to be picky about it but maybe just a little. Lol
  • CoonCoon Member Posts: 282
    > @Mystique said:
    > Why does it seem like you're being very aggressive towards a lot of people and ideas?.. @Coon
    >
    > If you want to call someone out by not phrasing something properly.. you should probably edit your first statement to be grammatically correct first!
    >
    > Not trying to be picky about it, but maybe just a little! ;)

I do not mean to be coming across aggesivly. My cornys sense of humor sometimes comes off completely wrong. I apologizefor that.
  • ElkadorElkador Member Posts: 81
    capibara said:

But.. @Fearofabotplanet ...for what reason we have to use "all" our surviviors? From the description i feel like we have a game like the challenge with an increasing difficult....but also in challenge even if i can start playing with weak survivors i use to start playing with my best ones...no risk to get bruised and to waste gas...
    So why we have to start playing with "all"??

@capibara
    I don't think that we have to use all of our survivors, but the fact that they cannot be healed between the missions cannot be forgotten. So you have to choose more then 3 survivors to get successful through all missions.
    I think you CAN choose all of your survivors and you have to choose some of them to be successful.

capibara
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    Honestly the idea of using a full roster seems a bit dumb to be honest... I mean it would be realistic on people like me that are leveling survivors and using what they got... But you are going to get to a point where if your main set of survivors fail, you are done, your second set of survivors, that would be probably less pink or lacking the "key" hero boost are not going to make it.

So at the end, it would be in fact 2 sets of survivors, you'll start with your Team B, until you reach to the point where they cannot progress any longer, and then you switch to your Team A... and I'm sure that many people will just use all the way their main team and called it a day when they got killed.
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    edited August 2017

Thoughts?

-damage taken during the distance does not affect your survivors in other game modes

-if a survivor is 'killed' in the distance they are playable in Other mission types

-the damage in the distance is completely separate from other game modes

I´m wondering how this will work out in reality :D
    bigbeano
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 471
    So if u lose all your players for the week your done till the following week is that it
    As soon as you lose your good ones you are pretty much done
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 471
    Well if you go thru all your players and still can't win then that might be a bit much lol
  • 8900rpm8900rpm Member Posts: 104
    Will the weekly class boost apply to The Distance?
    PutchucoMonsuta
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    edited August 2017
    @general2673 great post!
    I understood it pretty much exactly the same way, and those rules would make sense.

We could possibly add:
    - you need at least one survivor per mission to reach the goal/exit
    - If no survivors reaches the goal/exit, but all die, you can retry the mission, but you have to choose different survivors
    - Any damage a survivor takes will 'stick' with him/her for the entire Distance(?), possibly even small injuries (?), ie previously used survivors can be rotated back in at a later point, but will come with the damage previously suffered

@Fearofabotplanet does this and general's post above just about sum it up correctly?
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    SCBMA
  • general2673general2673 Member Posts: 39
    > @mik81 said:
    > As soon as you lose your good ones you are pretty much done

Use your weak survivors and save your powerful ones for the harder missions
    fear those whom are conquered for they are they are a most deadly enemy - hidden in plain sight
  • general2673general2673 Member Posts: 39
    > @Putchuco said:
    > @general2673 great lost!
    > I understood it pretty much exactly the same way, and those rules would make sense.
    >
    > We could possibly add:
    > - you need at least one survivor per mission to reach the goal/exit
    > - If no survivors reaches the goal/exit, but all die, you can retry the mission, but you have to choose different survivors
    > - Any damage a survivor takes will 'stick' with him/her for the entire Distance(?), possibly even small injuries (?), ie previously used survivors can be rotated back in at a later point, but will come with the damage previously suffered
    >
    > @Fearofabotplanet does this and general's post above just about sum it up correctly?

A staff did respond to the @Putchuco question. The answer was that if you have a 2000 health survivor and a walker attacks for 100 damage then the next time the survivor is used he will be at 1900 health even though not bruised.

@Fearofabotplanet
    Though there is more information on this subject that may have yet to be released or that I missed, I can, with confidence state that I got the gist of the information available as of this post. All my post was trying to accomplish was to put all the answers to questions in one spot.
    fear those whom are conquered for they are they are a most deadly enemy - hidden in plain sight

> @mik81 said:

> As soon as you lose your good ones you are pretty much done

Use your weak survivors and save your powerful ones for the harder missions

What I meant to say is that your best survivors fail, you are done, since the ones not as good won't probably have a chance.
This discussion has been closed.