Update 2.7 Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Comments

• MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    The full details of update 2.7 probably release today or tomorrow, then the update will be online a week later, am I right?
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    General_PainR2runfastDebbo34SlowMo
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited August 2017
    @Teeceezy @Shteevie - will there be a change for calculating equipment level for Deluxe Challenge crate reward and 7.5k Leg Gear Crates

When the maximum reward for gear is 2 (or 3) levels below your survivors it doesn't reflect the effort to reach that stage. I believe the decision to set that to camp level instead of survivor level is erroneous, and hope you can pass this on for consideration of being sorted out in te next update.

I included Leg gear crates in this because they are also erroneously set to camp level, although, a player can choose to avoid them.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    Bill_ZRT
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    @I_Am_Psycho In cases like this, we usually discover that the player has been neglecting the buildings in their camp that aren't the council, Training Grounds, or Workshop. The best way to get the levels of that gear up is to upgrading those farms and storage buildings.

You'll hit something of a 'bottleneck' around camp level 58, where you will have to build just about everything in order to move on and reach camp level 60. With that in mind, upgrading those lower-level, cheaper buildings can make the time you spend at that late-game bottleneck shorter.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    TroublemakerI_Am_PsychoGeneral_PainMattOfEarth
    zeeblack said:

When are they going to release the Update 2.7 notes and when would be the 2.7 released

Shteevie said:

@I_Am_Psycho In cases like this, we usually discover that the player has been neglecting the buildings in their camp that aren't the council, Training Grounds, or Workshop. The best way to get the levels of that gear up is to upgrading those farms and storage buildings.

You'll hit something of a 'bottleneck' around camp level 58, where you will have to build just about everything in order to move on and reach camp level 60. With that in mind, upgrading those lower-level, cheaper buildings can make the time you spend at that late-game bottleneck shorter.

@Shteevie - As its a strategy game, I have to disagree, because a valid aggressive building strategy appears to be penalised. This post is long to better address your respknse to my question.

I realise you're hard at work testing before release and that you answered the initial question indirectly, but now I've explained my rationale further, including knowledge of the irrelevant "bottleneck" further down the line, I'll ask again if this can be at least sorted for a future not too distant update.

I disagree buildings are being neglected. Radio Tent isnt worth it and neither is Walker pit. Tomato Fields and Tents don't give enough daily income increase to warrant spending on, compared to increase in supplies and XP from playing higher levels. Storage needs to be worked on regularly for building requirements, but don't need to be maxed as building work starts immediately there are enough tomatoes for the next building (of my choice). As such storage never is completely full.

It is already accepted the other buildings would need to be levelled up to reach Council levels further down the line. But that is a much smaller problem than daft dilution of rewards on the way there. Furthermore that bottleneck isn't something that could be considered NG's fault as that would have to be (ahem) "working as intended", as that will have arisen through a players decision :smile:

So basically, unless building the camp in a non strategic manner is enforced, then camp level shouldn't logically be used to set rewards.

I'm sure end gamers who could only hope for gear that is maximum level of 2 ro 3 below their survivors would be outraged, and then it would become urgent for NG to address due to increased forum activity on it.

It is common sense that buildings will need to be upgraded later on to fulfill Council upgrade requirements, but this fact shouldn't be tied to Duluxe Challenge Crates or any other reward for progress, as there is nothing binding the 2 aspects of the game, apart from a mistaken belief everyone pkays exactly the same and makes the same choices.

mik81rudjawolKaLiR2runfastGeneral_PainDbld1369
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    I complete agree with @I_Am_Psycho we live in a Zombie Apocalypse and we try to manage our supplies efficiently. Please do not penalize us for playing the game differently.

Thanks
    I_Am_PsychoR2runfastromeo
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    We do not have any plans to change the levels of the gear found in non-mission crates to reference any level other than the camp level. Gear that comes from mission crates is based on the difficulty of the mission you have just completed. If you are looking to gear up characters that are far ahead of the appropriate camp level, you can focus on equipment scavenges instead of relying on the Challenge crates.

We enjoy giving players some flexibility surrounding the order that they level their camps in, but we do also want to encourage players to build everything. In particular, the farms and tents make a huge impact when kept up to date. Taken to the extreme, if players were able to get all the benefits of the top levels without getting there, why would players ever bother to build the rest of their camp?
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    I_Am_Psychojrodrf2romeo
  • NeoTheOneNeoTheOne Member Posts: 83
    Make Equipment Scavenge a viable option for finding good gear.
    Shteevie said:

If you are looking to gear up characters that are far ahead of the appropriate camp level, you can focus on equipment scavenges instead of relying on the Challenge crates.

We enjoy giving players some flexibility surrounding the order that they level their camps in, but we do also want to encourage players to build everything. In particular, the farms and tents make a huge impact when kept up to date. Taken to the extreme, if players were able to get all the benefits of the top levels without getting there, why would players ever bother to build the rest of their camp?

@Shteevie - I think this is one for NG dev teams to discuss in their meetings, rather than it be smothered down so quickly. So whilst you currently have no plans to address this, that doesn't mean that it can't be reviewed for consideration, to improve game experience, for upcoming players in the near future, and I simply ask that this is considered please.

Its not about looking to gear up survivors, although its a given that its consequentially linked to our discussion. There's no relying on Challenge Crates for progress. Rewards in Challenge Crates based on Challenge progress should be potentially of use towards building up:

- Supplies to be used for upgrading buildings.
    - XP to be used for training and upgrading equipment.
    - Gear that is potentially worth upgrading depending on whether or not traits are desirable.

Obviously, if the gear is 2 to 3 levels below, it cannot be considered for upgrading as that would be a terribke waste of XP, so it has just scrap value (by default).eward and it is that which I ask is reviewed for a future update please.

I've made no suggestion of not completing my camp, and you already stated NG enjoy giving players some flexibility with regard how they build up, so it doesnt seem very flexible to then discourage it by intentionally capping rewards to below their survivor levels. I've not researched it yet, but I don't think its possible to not complete a camp and get to top levels anyway, although thats an assumption and I could be wrong).

Survivors are not ahead of a player's camp level as such, because of the flexibility NG enjoy with this regard :)

Also I would not dream of devoting gas that could be used in Challenges on Scavenges on a regular basis as that would be letting others down. But then, I've already stated this isn't about actually seeking out gear. There are better ways to seek gear, for example, build up TG and use it on 11k and 12.5k TG Crates. This is entirely about the value of game progress rewards, and I guess your advice was because you thought it was primarily about seeking gear ;)

===========
    @mods/staff - As the question I asked concerning this update has been answered and I wish to continue discussion on this, I'd happily make a new thread if the relevant posts could be relocated. I'll keep checking my inbox for a bit. Its kind of branched off a bit now.
    ===========

KaLi
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    What are you doing with your supplies if not upgrading your camp?
    Maverick1969R2runfastI_Am_Psychoromeo
    @Mabiki - Maximised growth is important so I build as quickly as possible. Supplies are used on building upgrades. And NG already said they love players to have flexibility to choose which to upgrade first :)

bigbeanoromeo
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    edited August 2017
    @I_Am_Psycho can you please post these in suggestions to not go off topic in 2.7... I honestly think things are okay with how they are right now and NG should be focusing on better things. thank you

@zbot can you please move these posts out of here because it's really unnecessary, off topic, and not discussing 2.7 but suggesting and venting something that many of us would not want to read in this thread about 2.7
    PutchucoTroublemakerromeo
    @kali - The original question was precisely about 2.7. It was on topic. Then the response wasn't conducive to leaving it alone. You'll see I acknowledged the question was answered, but the disagreed with the explanation surrounding that :)

I'm going to mail mods before I finish tonight and have already proposed to branch it to a new thread ;)

As I'm already reaching out to staff to shift this away from this thread, it doesn't seem neceesary to make an open attack on me concerning this. Theres no need to vent at me after Ive already made a proposal along the lines of what you rquire - thank you

As a player who is unaffected by the issue, being of high enough camp level, it is not surprising it doesnt bother you, but there are players coming through it does affect, so it might have been in the update ;)

TimboskiKaLibigbeanoSCBMA
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,474
    @I_Am_Psycho that's the price for having higher level survivors. I've gone through similar growing pains but it's easier now with 12.5K TG crates.

FYI: Back in the days, there was no 12.5K TG crates so if are on the Council, Training Hall, and workshop path (which I was on), until you maxed out, there will always be that issue. The easiest solution was farm, farm, and farm until everything was upgraded (this is what I did). I actually used 300-400K of TG during double supplies event to help with the farming.

If you want gear= your survivor level then 12.5K TG crate is for you, the gold, epic, and leg crates wouldn't be for you. That's the flexibility I see that was added by NG.

As someone that experienced it, I understand the reason and agree with it due to the other changes to the game that were made.

Looks like the update is near and I can understand the excitement but let's be civil to one another.

@I_Am_Psycho as @Shteevie already answered your questions, please feel free to open up a thread in the suggestion portion of the forum if you want to share your ideas further. Many times you need to understand where the game was to figure out where the game is now.
    @zbot - short answer. I farm and farm hard :)

I've sent msg back. Hopefully we can migraite the relevant posts in the new thread Im doing now :)

Monsuta
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Member Posts: 180
    So, since we are getting new buildings, why are we still not getting supplies from walkers at our wall? Especially since today is the herd
    I am really excited for all the new content, it has been stale for quite a while.
    @Heisenberg - I guess it will even out through the day for you as the event has just begun. Herd is normally great for all rewards.

Like everyone else, I'm eagerly waiting to learn more of these new buildings :)

• General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    @I_Am_Psycho that info is already out

I_Am_PsychoOneVoiceWeekOne
    @painwalker - thx, it was a busy weekend so hadn't caught up fully yet. I'll watch it later on when I get home :)

Lol I am not sure how you will think it will even out, but ok.....
    bigbeano
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526

So, since we are getting new buildings, why are we still not getting supplies from walkers at our wall? Especially since today is the herd

I am really excited for all the new content, it has been stale for quite a while.

If I recall if you are at a certain camp level you won't get supplies from the wall.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    bigbeano
    Oh so they are shut off permanently? I was under the impression, that they were only turned off because we were maxed out and had nothing to spend them on.
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    They could/might turn it on again after the update, but if the new buildings don't cost too much, and there's no other camp upgrades available, maybe they won't bother. You can still get supplies from mission crates below rsl 22
    bigbeano
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066

So, since we are getting new buildings, why are we still not getting supplies from walkers at our wall?

We just had a double supplies weekend event a few days ago...
    I_Am_Psycho
    Ok this is why I try to stay off the forum, have a nice day
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    *checks breath for foul odor
    ??
    ;)
    JadenSCBMAbigbeanoI_Am_Psycho
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,228
    Any info on new building costs?
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    Shteevie said:

rfg1982 said:

Any info on new building costs?

-They won't break the bank. They unlock for CL 15 players, so the costs are in line with other CL 15 buildings and upgrades. Anyone at max level will not be slowed down by them.
    Just to give players an estimate based on what CL 15 players spend on things according to OLT's wordpress site

PL 14 unlocks Council lvl 7 at 33K supplies
    PL 14 can have Farm Plot lvl 6 at 56K supplies
    PL 14 can have Hospital lvl 4 at 56K supplies
    PL 14 can have Mission car lvl 4 at 56K supplies
    PL 14 can have Outpost lvl 2 at 24K supplies
    PL 14 can have Radio Tent at lvl 3 for 33K supplies
    PL 14 can have Supply Storage lvl 4 at 30K supplies
    PL 14 can have Training Grounds lvl 7 at 59K supplies
    PL 14 can have Walker Pit lvl 4 at 56K supplies
    PL 14 can have Workshop lvl 5 at 59K supplies
    PL 14 can have XP Tents lvl 4 at 6.5K supplies

So the range appears to be very minimal :smiley: