Training Grounds

does upgrading it without upgrading any survivor increases the starting level of walkers in challenges?

Comments

• JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,860
    Nope.

You also won't unlock heroes at a higher level than your highest survivor - even if your training grounds would allow a higher level.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
    I_Am_PsychoDLich1903
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Starting RSL of walker goes up when your 3rd survivor reaches your new maxlevel. So you can upgrade 2 survivors without worrying.

I've no idea if that'll change after the update though.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    JayZ said:

This is not true at all levels. This happens at the end game, but the starting level of a challenge is based on a mathematical formula that I think is: 0.7 * (average level of top 3 survivors) - 1.

So at different levels, that 70% multiplier could make it so you can start at a higher RSL with 1 or 2 upgraded suppliers.

Fair enough. Is there a thread or other resource with this? There might be more numbers and stats that coukd be useful.

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,020
    > @I_Am_Psycho said:
    > This is not true at all levels. This happens at the end game, but the starting level of a challenge is based on a mathematical formula that I think is: 0.7 * (average level of top 3 survivors) - 1.
    >
    > So at different levels, that 70% multiplier could make it so you can start at a higher RSL with 1 or 2 upgraded suppliers.
    >
    > Fair enough. Is there a thread or other resource with this? There might be more numbers and stats that coukd be useful.

I'm pretty sure @DLich and @Bill_ZRT have posted threads about the starting level calculation, but I'm on my phone and would have a hard time searching for them right now.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    Thx. I'll find them in a bit.Should be good reading.

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    edited August 2017
    Triple round increases at 3 of the same survivor level (the math is when your top 3 survivors sum is added; then divided by 3; the remainder is dropped and then you subtract 1)

20 + 21 + 22 = 63
    63/3 = 21
    21 - 1 = 20
    Triple round starts at 20

Starting RSL was (not sure it still holds true) when you take the sum of your top 3 survivors and multiply by .7 then divided by 3 and rounded to the nearest whole number.

20 + 21 + 22 = 63
    63 x .7 = 44.1
    44.1 / 3 = 14.7 rounded to 15
    Starting RSL is 15

22 + 22 + 22 = 66
    66 / 3 = 22
    22 - 1 = 21
    Triple round starts at 21

22 + 22 + 22 = 66
    66 x .7 = 46.2
    46.2 / 3 = 15.4
    Starting RSL is still 15

Once you upgrade one to 23 though based on current formula you'll go over 15.5 and starting RSL will be 16

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    bigbeanozeeblackromeo__KILLA__
    @DLich - thx. You just saved me hell of a lot of time looking for your post @JayZ mentioned.

DLichSCBMAbigbeano1903
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,025
    edited August 2017
    Lets hope they sort it out in the 2.7 Update.

A rather acceptable solution would be average of all players for the starting level and triple rounds

I would love to get my survivors to level 22 but this would result in a hit on my stars (36 stars for two rounds at level 20 plus the approx 40 stars earned at the end of each round i.e. 76 stars) till the time I upgrade my equipment to level 25
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
    romeo__KILLA__Guapo