Update 2.7 New Challenge Mechanic Pre-Release Thread

Comments

• PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    @DLich no posting, we need a spreadsheet..... ;)
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    tabernacDLichmimicaDBones
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,714
    So I assume next week will be the first chance to earn passes? It won't know if we do 10 rounds this week then?
    General_Pain
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    @DLich don’t disappoint your Number 1 fan @Putchuco
    DLichvshield50David_H79
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066

@Mystique It's not a direct resolution to address the issue which you're talking about, though it will have an impact on stars.

Sure it´ll have an impact on stars, but it´ll have an impact for all players.

Our issue is the inbalance or unfairness to get fewer stars after putting more time and xp in training then lower level players.
    vshield50crambert_necbigbeano
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,786
    Lol..yes @vshield50 ...can't understand... Those are my thoughs...
    Can't understand..you play 5 rounds and starting at 15 you have a bonus to skip 20 and you get the 20+18 stars for free?
    What next? You play until 22.2 and you skip 22.3 without losing stars?
    So i will have 24+18 free stars skipping 24.3 and 26+18 stars free skipping 26.3?
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,926
    > @capibara said:
    > Lol..yes @vshield50 ...can't understand... Those are my thoughs...
    > Can't understand..you play 5 rounds and starting at 15 you have a bonus to skip 20 and you get the 20+18 stars for free?
    > What next? You play until 22.2 and you skip 22.3 without losing stars?
    > So i will have 24+18 free stars skipping 24.3 and 26+18 stars free skipping 26.3?

@dlich ?
    DoTak
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    As @jrodfr2 pointed out- skipping some grind and getting double stars/tg is great, but missing end of mission crates sucks.
    Radios (and good gear drops) are hard enough to come by as it is. Maybe a solution could be to have each round pass unlock 3 additional end of mission crates for the round you do play.
    kjmia421
  • Dbld1369Dbld1369 Member Posts: 6
    So there isn’t an option to not use the passes? I know a few who like to do the easy levels for a warmup and to get soups etc.
    TransmuteJunkjmia421TheSittingDuck
    So there isn’t an option to not use the passes? I know a few who like to do the easy levels for a warmup and to get soups etc.
    Sorry for the double post. My iPad froze
    vshield50Tapatio75
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    Great video @Terminates but i am
    waiting for a text summary from @DLich :#
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    vshield50MizTy
    Great video @Terminates but i am
    waiting for a text summary from @DLich :#
    -----------------
    vshield50
    edited August 2017
    My brain froze.... :# ..after @DLich post i'm more confused than ever...
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    vshield50bigbeanoWahooDawg
  • NeoTheOneNeoTheOne Member Posts: 83
    One issue in the present challenge format is that players need to pass all missions in order to advance and there are missions that are too hard compared to the rest, like Inside and Out last challenge. In many occassions in the past, If I wanted to go really high in challenges, one or two missions hinder me and I end up using much gold for healing. One solution for this is to make all missions balanced in terms of difficulty or provide an option where players can advance even if they did not pass those "stoppers" but maybe with less stars.
    @Dbld1369 mine too :p
    -----------------
    capibarabigbeanoDbld1369
    @Dbld1369 mine too :p
    -----------------
    capibarabigbeano
    You can't use passes to skip 26 and 27 rounds?
    vshield50MizTy
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,926
    edited August 2017
    Lol @capibara! Your not knocking me out of first place like that ;)
    capibarabigbeanoCaptainslayer
    edited August 2017
    I believe the low level grind has already been addressed with the last overhaul of the challenge format. It's the high level/RSL grind that needs to be addressed. When players are forced to use Wrestler and not strategy just to pass the tier and get those bonus stars, something is not right.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    You can't choose which rounds you want to skip. It automatically skips the first x number of rounds.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    vshield50biter370
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    So if I skip 5 rounds do I get the option to open all the crates I miss if not then why not, thats going to reduce xp, supllies, opportunities to receive the new crafting stuff.

The double awards do not compnstate for what will be lost.

Also what happend to stars will always have to be earned you only said that the other day which obviously wasnt the case.
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
    CaptainslayerTheRealSavageMizTy
    edited August 2017
    The two most important issues that needs to be addressed are the same: 1. loss of capability to hit PB while transitioning from one player level to the next and 2. The endgame grind. (1-starring missions with Wrestler starting Rsl 28 - for me)
This discussion has been closed.