Update 2.7 New Challenge Mechanic Pre-Release Thread

Comments

• NeoTheOneNeoTheOne Member Posts: 83
    And yes, the repeats are a grind too. Please, it's better to remove the repeats and make it just one round per RSL with increasing difficulty from one RSL to the next.
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    edited August 2017
    > @vshield50 said:
    > > @rfg1982 said:
    > > I'm amazed by this and can't say enough thanks. The grinding was killing my life.
    >
    > Truly. Guess I will be able to throw the ball to the dog again ;)

Actually, sadly, Ithink the grinding will stay the same if you read @Shteevie 's comment.

You will auto-skip some lower levels but with the new badges you should be able to get to a lot higher RSL than now -- which means you might be playing just as many missions (but at higher difficulty and with higher rewards).

Right?
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    JackBauer
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Me too.... me too @Bill_ZRT :)
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 807

Actually, sadly, I think the grinding will stay the same if you read @Shteevie 's comment.

You will auto-skip some lower levels but with the new badges you should be able to get to a lot higher RSL than now -- which means you might be playing just as many missions (but at higher difficulty and with higher rewards).

Right?

Possibly, but it's a matter of perspective for me. I define "grinding" as un-challenging and mindless actions repeated over and over. I can almost do normal level Scavenge missions with my eyes closed. At the higher levels there is always (for me) going to be a heightened level of engagement, which is welcome.

David_H79TroublemakerDBonesJaden
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,421

> @vshield50 said:

> > @rfg1982 said:

> > I'm amazed by this and can't say enough thanks. The grinding was killing my life.

>

> Truly. Guess I will be able to throw the ball to the dog again ;)

Actually, sadly, Ithink the grinding will stay the same if you read @Shteevie 's comment.

Right?

I'm going to 'wait and see' with this one. If badge components and crafting are going to be on par with pink stars (as in an equally long process) then it's not going to impact me much. I'm going to slowly gather components and slowly created badges and add them to survivors. I have two 7 star survivors and maybe 5ish six star survivors and while they certainly help, it doesn't have me grinding a considerably longer time than before I had them.

If someone is the kind of player who will buy every component bundle (just as some players already buy every gear and gold bundle they can and have a fully upgraded set of survivors 2 hours after an update with a Training Grounds upgrade) then I would imagine this would mean more grinding for them... but that's their choice.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

tabernacJaden1Ris
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,461
    I'M SO HAPPY... Did I say that already?

Thanks @Shteevie @Teeceezy @Fearofabotplanet

BOOM
    WeekOne
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    DLich said:

@Poppy you can use the gas you saved by not having to play a round on other things like scavenger or XP missions.

When scenvengers are reduced to 4 gas which will be the levels been skipped I will agree.

• PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Last post on this as theres nothing more to say.

Pros
    Grind reduced and time sink reduced
    More stars

Cons
    Missing out on min between 18-54 box openings per round each of which is an opportunitty to earn radios, gold, fuel, and the new crafting stuff which I also belive is not level specific (which is likely the reason they have actually done this)
    Times that by 5 thats a hell of a lot of opportunities.

Missing out on the scrap xp and supplies
    Missing out on the XP from kills
    Sure these may not seem alot on mission but with the amount been skipped they add up.

Ultimately you will be receiving less stuff overall wether you agree with me or not it doesn't matter because it is what it is, the double stuff you get from the passes just simply wont add up to the missing resources accumulated from the missing missions. The biggest increase will be stars but we dont spend stars, stars are not a resource and the double up may earn you a couple of rewards more which again do not equal the lost rewards from the crates even if they are lower level.

Finally only last week they said stars will always have to be earned, that was obviously not the truth or they have very quickly changed their mind and developed this in a week.

CaptainslayerantzeeblackTheRealSavage
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,617
    edited August 2017
    @vshield50 dude I had to record this 4 time as every time I finished recording I realized there was a technical problem.

And that’s how I start my videos @Teeceezy knows it ;)

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    vshield50
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    > @Putchuco said:
    > As @jrodfr2 pointed out- skipping some grind and getting double stars/tg is great, but missing end of mission crates sucks.
    >
    > Radios (and good gear drops) are hard enough to come by as it is. Maybe a solution could be to have each round pass unlock 3 additional end of mission crates for the round you do play.
    >
    > I dont see how we could miss out on 'good gear' in lvls 15-20 ;)

Lol, you are absolutely right there. I guess I hadn't completely thought that statement through. But the radios!
    David_H79bigbeanoPutchuco
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    I also hadn't considered the gas saved. I've got no problem with this change. Carry on, nothing more to see here! :p
    PutchucoJadenPig
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,156
    Bill_ZRT said:

(this it more or less how I understand @TransmuteJun articulating her concern). If you're saying that you're being 'shorted' these rewards when you're not spending your time, gas or gold on them, then I don't follow you.

That's part of it. I enjoy playing the challenges far more than the scavenge missions, and I see myself being forced to start the challenge at a higher level and play fewer missions before I am done. Add to that I am missing out on cheaper (4 gas) missions as compared to the scavenge missions.

Most importantly though, I like to use those lower missions to try out new survivor combos, explore the mps and set up my strategy for when i get to higher levels. I will be missing out on that opportunity if I can't start at RSL 15.
    TimboskiDbld1369
  • dgraminhodgraminho Member Posts: 39
    With the added gas, you can repeat the first few rounds of the chalenge level you stard for more end of mission rewards, if you want. They won´t be hardcore dificult missions anyways.
    jesterJayZTroublemakerPig
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,752
    @dgraminho

I agree.
    JayZ
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 371

I know I'm in the minority here, but this makes me nervous. I LIKE starting at level 15, I LIKE having some easy levels to try out different strategies, explore the maps and work out how I want to do things when I get to the higher levels. I LIKE being able to use Maggie or The Governor to increase rewards in the early levels. I can't use them later on because they're not good enough to go once I get to RSL 24.

It would really be wonderful if there was an option to skip round passes, so that those of us who WANT to play the early levels could do so. Please?

I'm with you.

While I wouldn't say I love the low level grind, I do make use of Maggie, Glenn and The Governor during these levels to get bonus XP and supplies. I agree that the gear rewards are instant scrap and yield only modest XP, but on occasion a gold or even silver crate will give very respectable supplies or XP.

Just like @TransmuteJun I also use the lower levels to figure out the best strategies and I fear skipping ahead too quickly will result in me getting stuck and not being able to progress which means I'll drop out of the challenge much earlier than I do now.

As for scavenging, I don't enjoy the scavenge grind at all and I only do them when it helps fulfil a quest or there's an event, like the recent double supplies event.

Having said that, I can appreciate that many advanced players will enjoy the ability to skip low levels, but I'd prefer an option to use passes manually rather than have it being applied automatically and I'm unclear why it isn't like that.
    TransmuteJunbigbeanoCarl_s_HatDbld1369
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,677
    By the way, here is some helpful reading for people that are complaining about "Missing out on min between 18-54 box openings per round". This is a total fallacy because you are ignoring that you can use the gas that you save in a more productive way.

http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/OpportunityCost.html
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    TroublemakerGuapoPigBBRi
This discussion has been closed.