Update 2.7 New Challenge Mechanic Pre-Release Thread

1235»

Comments

• BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 810
    Shteevie said:

So, this really is the situation of trying to create a feature that pleases everyone. Since that is usually impossible, the next goal is to piss of the fewest number of people.!

I have never been the biggest supporter of NG but I think everyone should give @Shteevie a like on his candor on this point. While I am always weary of a new update (and still am), I DO believe NG is trying to satisfy players feeling 'the grind' of the weekly challenge. Personally, with my work schedule I don't feel that but I do recognize a great number of players do sense this, hence the vast numbers of guild mates who have abandoned the game. Will 'The Distance' alleviate the pressure? That remains to be scene and hopefully 'The Distance' will replace the end creates of early challenge missions.
    Dodkongvshield50KaLiDLich
  • NeoTheOneNeoTheOne Member Posts: 83
    edited August 2017
    I agree with you about Shteevie's candor. I rather have the truth told plainly and honestly told. I don't need insincerity and half-truths hidden behind rosy expression. I'm an adult. I can take care of myself. I need no safe spaces.

I will wait for this update to go live, experience it, and go back here in the forums with honest, direct-to-the point and sincere feedback.
    Shteevie1Ris
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    edited August 2017
    JayZ said:

In a world where I had more time and where people had reasonably valid complaints or concerns, I would do the math to prove that this new system is better in every circumstance. But that world doesn't exist, so I'll defer to @DLich if he wants to crunch the numbers.

Since the realization that players can repeatedly play RSL 20 or 20.1 over and over again for the exact same gas costs, by default, the argument of "less rewards" has become invalid.

The only valid argument left is as @TransmuteJun mentioned already trying out new survivors potential.

Personally if I find a survivor with new traits that I like they don't even get used until they have a high enough Lvl to hold the weapons that I keep.

My players are level 21 and 22

They can't hold weapons until they are Lvl 21 or 22. They are found at levels way lower than 21 and 22.

So I've already invested XP into them before they can even play (who gets a Lvl 12 epic and tries them out with the common hear they come with?)

So the point of trying survivors out being valid I find it hard to believe someone plays with a Lvl 15 survivor and actually has Lvl 15 gear for them to use that isn't common.

This isn't to take away from that concern. But let's be honest. Nobody is testing out Lvl 12-15 survivors with common gear when they rock Lvl 21 and 22 survivors of the same rarity.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    PutchucoPig
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    This isn't meant to single anyone out but I would love to see a person with Lvl 21 & 22 survivors play with a Lvl 18 epic/legendary that has fully upgraded legendary gear.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,960
    edited August 2017
    Actually, I do have a lot of lower level survivors. My A team and B team are all level 22 with fully upgraded level 25 gear. But I have a number of duds whom I rarely, if ever, use, and they are lower level. Every so often I just have to try out using a bruiser to remind myself why bruisers are useless (to me) or why melee is so bad,. But I like to try out these lesser survivors on the lower level challenge missions to see what they can do. Also, it does aidn in my reconnaissance and strategy for higher level missions.

But, as Shteevie has pointed out, I am clearly in the minority and therefore it is okay if i'm not 100% happy. it' happened before, and I lived with it then. I'll live with it now. At least my previous 'minority' complaints were eventually addressed (for which I am very grateful). I'll try the challenge next week and the week after and see how it goes with round passes. But I do anticipate that Io'll be spending a lot less time playing challenges. I just hope that The Distance and the component missions will be enough to keep me playing on those now-free days.
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 385
    Adding fuel to the fire....I test my survivors on outpost raids.
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,388
    Although I don't like the fact that early challenge is how I get most of supplies as I don't scavenge at all (other than farms of course) and less missions crates to get radios I'm glad some of the grind is going
    Proud member of the Army of Slayers top guild in guild wars

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Closing this in order to keep all questions and answers regarding the now-released Update Notes in one place. :)
1235»
This discussion has been closed.