Hi. I just wanted to share something infamously neglected

Comments

• docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    ok, so we have to rethink about the shortcut we always use for the event, it's rather HiCELS
    crambert_nec
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    > @zeeblack said:
    > NG has clarified in a bazillion posts that this event would never be repeated in the future. So keep calm and collect radios. The more radios you have, the more chances of getting epic and legendries.

I would say the more radios you use ;)
    MattOfEarthvshield50
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 238
    Impossibru

DMPVladoIICoonsligoem
  • CoonCoon Member Posts: 282
    I participated in that event and I I didn't get a sigle epic or legendary drop. Guess I didn't spend enough money.
    GuapobigbeanoSCBMA
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,388
    I'd be happy with the discounted gold call again, they haven't officially ruled that one out yet although reading between the lines it probably will never happen, but I try to keep 100 radios just in case
    Proud member of the Army of Slayers top guild in guild wars

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    MattOfEarthTransmuteJun
  • dandancar77dandancar77 Member Posts: 318
    my dream would be every walker at the wall drops a radio when you click them :smile:
    Captainslayerdeb1hdl2wannabe
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 978
    I had 5 once in a regular non-hurd go. But the game crashed (like it always does) and when I came back they were all gone. I got 1 from the next 10. Pissed.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 933
    This scared the hell out of me for the moment I thought it was for real. I just used all my radios
    So this is old enough I can finally bring up the terminology? I mean is the neglect of this something really "more than famous?" You use my word you should be able to back it up ☺️
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    Mabikibigbeano
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,695
    Didn't shteeve say basically a nat hair short of the fact that he hated this event and would never want it repeated? Still don't know why unless F2P people said they only got a few legendary survivors (although they would probably had none before).

Too bad this event has fallen out of grace. Was my favorite event. That and increased radio drops...
    paintbeastJadenbigbeanozeowerus
    They flat out said it won't be repeated. I have no idea why it keeps coming up.
    bigbeanovshield50Captainslayer
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 450
    edited September 2017
    If they do they just wany to try and make you spend money for radios, NG is all about money if u haven't noticed yet
    bigbeanovshield50afroponix
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    @Governator That makes sense, but I would still love ICELS. For one, I don't grind for stuff. I play challenge because I enjoy seeing if I can get higher and higher scores; and I play the episode missions.

If I need a handful of tg or xp, I do a little raiding or scavenging. Even during increased phone, I'm not putting the time into grinding just for its own sake, even for phones. So I get why most players would love the increased phone drop, but it's not for me.

I used to score great survivors in ICELS. I think it was more than an illusion of increased chance. I would burn through 600 phones or whatever I saved from the last ICELS. On a bad event I find only 1-2 keepers, but there would be another couple of legendaries I retired, and several epics. I'm only estimating from memory, but I probably got 3-4 legendaries and 6-8 epics, plus all the greens.

In today's terms, that's a LOT of tokens. And it requires no extra grinding beyond the normal playing I do (if I'm saving radios). And there's the added benefit that you have the fun of finding a survivor you might actually keep! An epic with good traits means it's worth gambling on the fifth. A legendary with good traits is an automatic keeper. So your phone/token use is more efficient since you waste less tokens on gambling for final traits. The fact that most phone calls I do now are three greens means that I rarely, rarely see new faces in my roster; I'm not throwing that many tokens down the toilet to gamble on a green.

Of course, ICELS will 99.99% sure never happen again. But when they first said that, I burned my hoard, and not long after that they ran 15-for-10. I did three calls for that event because I didn't have radios to take advantage of it.

So I learned my lesson. I will always keep a hoard of radios. We won't see ICELS or 15-for-10 again. But one day, NG will probably run a decent call event again, perhaps a completely new event. If they do, I will be ready with a modest hoard of phones. If not, oh well. When the day comes that I uninstall, I'll leave 1000 phones in the void. I won't lose any sleep over it.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    GovernatorJaden
    Tokens are easy for new players. I did my alt for a month, you don't realize how many tokens you get from doing the old missions. Almost 600 radios because I caught the reset right. That's a lot of 15 calls fast if you are new. Plus a lot of fun to do! I have a few perfect epics, 1 perfect leg, an OK leg, and almost my first pink in a month with no cash spent.
    GovernatorPig
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,695
    > @Guapo said:
    > Tokens are easy for new players. I did my alt for a month, you don't realize how many tokens you get from doing the old missions. Almost 600 radios because I caught the reset right. That's a lot of 15 calls fast if you are new. Plus a lot of fun to do! I have a few perfect epics, 1 perfect leg, an OK leg, and almost my first pink in a month with no cash spent.

Did you play any specific mission over and over again?
    Pigbigbeano
    Nope, but the radios you get just doing them the fist time. 5,10,15 for each one. That's 30 radios for each of the missions x 3 seasons.
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    @Guapo You'll make rapid progress that way.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    Guapo
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Where's the increased chance of Eugene and Morgan tokens weekend lol
    Papacas
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 941
    Pulled these guys last year in May's event and they have been unstoppable.
  • warwar Member Posts: 441
    avelardez said:

You're one of those people whose outposts that we land on have survivors that keep interrupting, stunning and ending the round before we do anything, right? :)
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    avelardez said:

When I see your crew I finally think, that I don´t have to worry about my crew anymore <3