Badges - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    I'm going to have to read notes on badges again, including the fine print. I just spent ages working out which unequips to do, to get 20% bonus when I swap. I think I still have an option to activate the bonus though. If it's not been mentioned in the forums yet, it's something people will need to be aware of.

It's like an insane game of Tetris ...

Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    shaunatthepubAlexFiliUKblack_nines
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    @I_Am_Psycho

The in-game info button is actually pretty helpful. It took me a while to figure out you can tell the badge set on the equip screen from the shape of the ring around the center of the badge.

I_Am_Psycho
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    @Mabiki - Oh yeah!. I see the deeper shaded bit in the middle now. I was switching between survivor view and badge view, many many times.

I was going to look for it in the release notes, or discussion threads, so you helped me massively

I'm surprised I didn't notice either of those details before, and you just have read my mind, because I was going to be searching the forum for both.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    TJSMabiki
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    Health percentage bagdes: percentage of base health or of total health?
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    edited September 2017

@Mabiki - Oh yeah!. I see the deeper shaded bit in the middle now. I was switching between survivor view and badge view, many many times.

Me too. I still have a post-it of my initial badge sorting while planning some equips before I realized. I was writing an angry forum post in my mind about how they need to make the sets clear on the equip screen like they do in the craft building by labeling with A,B,C, etc., when I saw the green "i" for info button and figured it out. I still think sorting them by letter as well on the equip screen would help a lot, though.

TJS
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited September 2017
    > @Jaden said:
    > Health percentage bagdes: percentage of base health or of total health?

EDIT
    I was wrong, it's base health + armor
    Jadentabernac
  • mrleemrlee Member Posts: 12
    I'll try again. This time the spreadsheet is actually editable...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y_OqA8MRdsCyQY-w3Ihwk2Tgh5bd1id4U8B4VVi6L_E/edit?usp=sharing

Add your components and resulting badge in the spreadsheet, and we might get some useful data out of it.
    @Shteevie @Teeceezy @Fearofabotplanet

I would like to be able to see the actual effects of the badges before placing them - being able to switch them around at no cost until you select "okay" or "apply" or whatever would be great.

Right now, you have to either believe your choices are the best or test it out and pay gold to remove badges (if you don't want to destroy them).

Sure, we can figure it out and people who are more math smart than I am will probably see things like that right away (before having to equip the badge) but I think that showing the actual effect before the badges are applied would be nice.

That way, people could also test out the badge sets (which is still a bit confusing) and which badge combination gives them the best results (for the moment). That might be a compromise between removing and reapplying badges for free and having to pay for each badge removal (if you don't want to destroy them).

@jimmorrison369

Now I was too curious so I tested it out myself (yeah, that did cost some gold, whatever ;) ).

The thought was that the bonus is taken from the base health, right?

Maybe my thinking is wrong but looking at these pictures it seems that the bonus is taken from total health...

If you look at the screenshot set with the low-level armor, the difference between the two badges is 119.

The difference with the high-level armor is 25.

Shouldn't the difference be the same if the base health was used?

With the high-level armor, the percentage bonus is better, with the low-level armor the fixed amount is better. So that would mean that the fixed amount would be better for lower level survivors and the percentage for higher level survivors (again, if my thinking isn't wrong here...)

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    jimmorrison369Pigsligoemmik81
    @Jaden
    Wow, sorry for misleading you there.
    I thought I read it somewhere, didn't check it myself.

Your screens says it all.
    It is the combined health of your survivor + armor.

Your second conclusion is of course true, but doesn't really have anything to do with the armor.

+200 will alwasy be + 200, +10% will become more and more valuable as your survivor get's higher stats.

Also concider this. Assaults and bruisers have much higher health than scouts and shooters. So percentages health increase will net a much bigger gain than on scouts and shooters. (Flat values are good on those)

On the other hand, damage percentages will nett a bigger increase on scouts and shooters.
    Flat damage increase does very well on bruisers and assaults.

I'm glad you've tested it out.
    PigJadenSCBMAsligoem
  • Nick37Nick37 Member Posts: 477
    I am getting irritated reading all these posts about badges etc. Not with the actual posts or people but the fact that I have spent a lot of money on 24 gas the last few days, spent gold to get the 2 new buildings and been playing hard scavenge missions, watched dozens of adverts and have got the grand total of 1 single component, how the hell are people getting all these badge fragments, components etc.
    Geir
  • simetheslimesimetheslime Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    i thought it was free to replace a badge, yet when I try it says it costs gold to unequip.
    Dodkongljr6jvhv4
    It is free to replace, but only if you scrap the current one.
    You can't remove without paying gold, only replace with scrap.
    GarretJaden
  • AlexFiliUKAlexFiliUK Member Posts: 165

@Jaden

+200 will alwasy be + 200, +10% will become more and more valuable as your survivor get's higher stats.

Also concider this. Assaults and bruisers have much higher health than scouts and shooters. So percentages health increase will net a much bigger gain than on scouts and shooters. (Flat values are good on those)

Good advice! I'll have to consider that when placing future badges. At the moment I'm still testing out some of the lower level ones to see what happens. I'm getting a few of the "teammate must be Merle/Carl" ones etc that are going to be a pain until I unlock those characters.

jimmorrison369
    Nick37 said:

I am getting irritated reading all these posts about badges etc. Not with the actual posts or people but the fact that I have spent a lot of money on 24 gas the last few days, spent gold to get the 2 new buildings and been playing hard scavenge missions, watched dozens of adverts and have got the grand total of 1 single component, how the hell are people getting all these badge fragments, components etc.

Luck and doing "The Distance". Some also probably buy component crates but I don't.

Most of the badges I have are common or uncommon (so of a low value). They are better than nothing, though.

jimmorrison369I_Am_PsychoTJS
  • DodDod Member Posts: 37
    Today both the badges I made from the rare fragments (all green components) I got from the distance, turned into uncommon badges. This is so disappointing, I have really don't understand why that is even a option.
    What are the odds anyway? 10% change to upgrade, 50% change to stay same and 40% chance to downgrade your materials?
    I would like to point out again that it's not good business making your playerbase feel frustrated. Keeping them happy is the way to go
    R2runfastljr6jvhv4GeirDbld1369
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 492
    This stuff probably don't even work, a tactic for you to spend $$$, I've put all epic together multiple times and you would think epic, nope not one just browns, with Legendary not to be seen
    ljr6jvhv4
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @Metal
    If you use all epic it gives you a range from Rare to Legendary. Not sure how you're getting Uncommon.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    David_H79
  • SleeperyJeemSleeperyJeem Member Posts: 113
    edited September 2017
    Nick37 said:

If your RSL is right at the minimum (15), you won't get a very good drop rate. The key for me was raising my survivors to 16, and then finishing a story mission that gave me a 17 survivor. Now my "hard" scavenger missions have level 19 walkers, and between that and two weeks of pushing myself to 20 and 17 rounds in the challenge, I've gotten a huge amount of pieces. Enough to have three survivors with a 4 piece bonus, and my main team with rares or better. You do not have to spend gold or cash to get badges, just progress a bit.

• PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    They need to cut down some of the rng elements too by introducing recipes its ridicules that a badge is subject to 4 elements of rng.

Thats OtT even for a F2P game!!

1:- The Level Range
    2:- Its ability
    3:- Its Position
    4:- Its Shape

mik81Geirblack_ninesDbld1369
  • LismoreLismore Member Posts: 189
    Our guild started tracking recipes hoping we could get similar results, but found results tend to be random? Anyone else?
    LISMORE GUILD will "RISE UP" to the challenge.
    Are you ready to join the fight?

SEARCH  "LISMORE" or PM me or email if you want to be first in line for the next opening
    e-mail: [email protected]
    Private Message us here
    B
    I have a green badge made and want to give it to Daryl so I can have 4 greens but it won't let me, am I doing something wrong
    edited September 2017
    > @Metal said:
    > I have a green badge made and want to give it to Daryl so I can have 4 greens but it won't let me, am I doing something wrong

You can't have 4 badges with the same affect on any one survivor.

Are they all the dame affect?
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    I_Am_PsychoTheRealSavage
    @TJS I used blues across the board and got a crappy brown, just how ng works, been saying it along time now, ripoff and stingy, they act like it's there rewards and can't part with them
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    @Metal that shouldn't be possible. If you use a blue fragment and 4 blue components the lowest possible badge should have been rare (green), not uncommon (brown).
    TJSDodkong
    @paintbeast maybe your right, green but how does that even make sense, use all 4 stars and get a 3, must be a U.K. Thing
    TimboskiR2runfast
  • KillerkevKillerkev Member Posts: 2
    I think the crafting rate for rarity is around 85% lower, 12% same and 3% higher. So far I have made 23 Badges and 7 are uncommon or better. I have crafted 3 rare badges using all epic components and 1 rare using all rare components. 2 uncommon using all rare components and I have 16 common badges using mostly uncommon and common components and some rare components in there. Last badge i just made had 3 rare components and 2 uncommon and i got a common badge. This is very frustrating. I have 3 legendary components but I feel like it's going to take 6 months and 9 sets of legendary components to get 1 legendary badge and when you want a certain badge your chances are 1 in 5 of getting what you want. This is not exact, Just going by what I remember trying and how disappointed I was with the results. Not sure If this is just bad luck or something but it gives me very little hope of ever getting a legendary badge let alone one that I really want. At some point in the near future I will give up entirely on the hope of something good coming out of crafting and expect the lowest possible rarity.
    I find the same with legendary equipment. The equipment I use has not come from scavenger missions crates, they are ALL guaranteed legendary drops from the trade shop and it seems to take 5 or 6 trade purchases to get a weapon that has traits that are worth keeping, the other 5 get dumped for xp and the xp you get for a legendary weapon that takes about a week of saving trade goods for is less than an uncommon scavenger mission crate.
    ljr6jvhv4
    I've made a legendary badge with all epic pieces and I just made an epic badge with rare fragment + two rare components & two epic components.
    Maybe I'm just lucky.

I must admit my free videos in the last hour have been kind too.....
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S