Badges - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    > @Shteevie said:

> The goal of the "range" of crafting results is to give players a path to follow with the new items - make some, probably lower rarity at first, play with combos and teams, and then work towards replacing the lower-rarity badges with better ones over time as they work out what they want their optimal setups to be. If we just jumped to the end and went straight to Leg Badges from the start, there would be a lot less discovery, tinkering, speculation, and [we think] fun to be had with the system.

Doesn't the scarcity of legendary, epic, and rare components as compared to common and uncommon components already accomplish this?
    crambert_necJadenshaunatthepub
  • VladoIIVladoII Member Posts: 98
    edited September 2017
    Mod edit
    JackBauerMonsutamik81
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    edited September 2017
    Mod edit: let's stay on topic. zbot
    mik81
  • VladoIIVladoII Member Posts: 98
    edited September 2017
    Mod edit: please stay on topic. zbot
    Monsutatabernacmik81Pain Walker
  • ZardoxZardox Member Posts: 123
    So NG what do I do with all these badge components that I will never use? I guess I need to craft a badge then scrap it. This is not right please fix. Your already making us pay gold to swap so give us a break let us scrap unwanted components.
    paintbeast
  • slyCzarslyCzar Member Posts: 3
    @mrlee I've also got a spreadsheet that I've compiled - mostly from @painwalker's vids, but also from other users' pics etc.:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tK5EZnUnK-_UmmepZSJNGUCKcnXtlTy4BuUqQVV-IFM/edit?usp=sharing
    Fuchs
  • GothgulGothgul Member Posts: 250
    Has anyone looked at stats for crafting in terms of what group gets created (ABCDE) with specific combinations of ingredients? Or is that also as random as everything else?
  • snafusnafu Member Posts: 227
    Maybe I missed an answer, but if I place epic "Critical damage +600" badge on a shooter that does 15k damage with ruthless and destructive, will it result in 15k+ badge value * destructive * ruthless or 15.6k damage? Bad or worse?
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    What I'm really wondering is whether having strong trait on the survivor, lethal on the weapon, also any traits that boost critical chance and critical damage, plus badges that give bonuses to damage, critical chance, and critical damage, all combined on one survivor, with Jesus as the leader of the team so there's another damage bonus there--if all this is stacked up together for one survivor, then will that survivor's power strike trait activate if I move just one action point and then attack an adjacent walker without moving on the second action point?
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    JackBauertabernacsligoem
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    @Pig you may find the answer here
    Pig
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    edited September 2017
    Shteevie said:

-It works both ways; you can get a higher rarity badge than the rarity f the components that are used. This system allows all components to have some potential value to the players.

Press F to Pay Respects :tongue:

It's not fair we use legendary badge fragment & 4 legendary components to have a chance to craft a LOWER level epic or SAME level legendary badge but didn't have a chance to get a HIGHER level pink badge.

SCBMAI_Am_Psychobanzai
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited September 2017
    snafu said:

If I place epic "Critical damage +600" badge on a shooter that does 15k damage with ruthless and destructive, will it result in 15k + badge value * destructive * ruthless or 15.6k damage? Bad or worse?

I can't be that sure, but I do know that a badge for +normal damage doesn't get any multipliers. (it does, but not from lethal or marksman/strong)
    Assuming this will be the same for +critical damage, Your end damage would be 15.6K.

• jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 335
    OK, I realize this could totally be an rng issue, but I'm now on my 4th challenge since the introduction of badges, my triple rounds start at RSL 15 so I have now run 6x3x4=72 challenge missions with not a single component or fragment found. When I reach the RSL 16 rounds, the components start flowing (fragments are still, for lack of a better term, rare). Are we sure that RSL 15 missions are giving the fragments and components? Anyone else notice this?
  • mrleemrlee Member Posts: 12
    @slyCzar Pretty spreadsheet :-) It's a bit difficult to analaze as the badge component rarity are colors and not values. I'll try to find the time to convert it into mine...
    @slyCzar I have some problems understanding your spreadsheet. First column, is it badge fragment rarity, or is it badge rarity? I'm looking for the relation between component rarity and resulting badge rarity, so I need both...
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I'm convinced what badge trait, set and position you get from whatever combination is completely random. The only 'sure' thing is the rarity which will be within the possibilities it shows it'll be. (& likely the lowest rarity possible)
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    DoTakpaintbeastjimmorrison369
    I believe you are right. However, I want to make sure...
    And I also want the percentages.
  • GarretGarret Member Posts: 135
    what is the point of health badges? i think that damage resistance badges are far superior, could someone explain?
    mrlee said:

@slyCzar I have some problems understanding your spreadsheet. First column, is it badge fragment rarity, or is it badge rarity? I'm looking for the relation between component rarity and resulting badge rarity, so I need both...

Updated it to clarify that it is the badge fragment used when crafting.
  • wekaweka Member Posts: 5
    How are badge bonuses applied? So for example I have a base dmg of 2000 and 2 badges, (15%dmg and +350dmg)

If I applied 15% first then +350, I get 2000x1.15+350=2075dmg

If its the other way round, I get
    2000+350x1.15=2127dmg

Or once you apply both badges (doesn't matter which order) the higher dmg is applied?
    My understanding is that bonuses are applied against base, so you should end up with:

2000 + (2000 * 0.15) + 350 = 2650
    edited October 2017
    slyCzar said:

My understanding is that bonuses are applied against base, so you should end up with:

2000 + (2000 * 0.15) + 350 = 2650

I did some testing and this doesn't seem to be the case.
    (you are right about it applies to base)
    weka said:

How are badge bonuses applied? So for example I have a base dmg of 2000 and 2 badges, (15%dmg and +350dmg)

If I applied 15% first then +350, I get 2000x1.15+350=2075dmg

2000+350x1.15=2127dmg

Or once you apply both badges (doesn't matter which order) the higher dmg is applied?

It's actually (2000 + 350) x 1.15 = 2702.5

TJS
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 279
    edited October 2017
    So flat rate increases are applied first (to stack on base number) and then multipliers are applied to the new value?

( base damage + flat rate increases) * (% multipliers added together) = new damage value

Suppose health badges would work the same way?
    edited October 2017
    Phalanx44 said:

So flat rate increases are applied first (to stack on base number) and then multipliers are applied to the new value?

( base damage + flat rate increases) * (% multipliers added together) = new damage value

Suppose health badges would work the same way?

No it doesn't.
    Health is different on several ways of calculating.
    If you apply the same calculation to health, your calculations will come out to high.
    (not much, but significant)
  • wekaweka Member Posts: 5
    Sorry, used the wrong base dmg!

So should be:

If I applied 15% first then +350, I get
    2000x1.15+350=2650dmg

2000+350x1.15=2702dmg

I mean does the game apply the dmg bonus according to the order you apply the badges as you might only have one of the badges in the beginning then acquire the other later or like I said before, once you have both it would auto apply the higher dmg?