Badges - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168

When they would also take part, critical hit damage would be extreme.
    You'd want only damage and crit damage set ups. One-shotting up to RSL10++.

That's just a nerf about to happen..
    No nerf needed, it came pre-nerfed.

NG should think about that before they decided to make those damage badges, they can add a cap just like they did on 80% damage reduction & 90% critical chance.
    Or they might be intentionally doing those badges for allowing us the strategy of sending our roster to squeeze through that 30% piercing gap to let critical hit do the job to kill those level 41 freemen.

jimmorrison369
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    @monsuta can you crit on a lvl 41? I thought that that body shots % will exceed 100% and at some point you can't crit, not even with piercing. Although, if that would be true, hunters, shooters and scouts will be over powered. You'll build a shooter around charging him fast (weapon trait + leader) to release a huge amount of damage, if damage on badges and + crit damage would be multiplied by ruthless and charging attacks... those classes will be much more powerful than others.
    @mik81 Yep, Piercing is a must against high level enemy, body shot didn't exceed 100%.
    As you can see my level 13 rare shooter using piercing weapon can critical hit a level 28 normal walker with normal attack:

Also the charge attack on hunter & shooter are guaranteed non-bodyshot critical hit, and assault's charge attack is guaranteed non-bodyshot normal attack with stun effect(can still have a chance of critical hit).

So you can send 3 charged shooter with high damage & critical damage badges using piercing weapon to fire 6 shots to a level 41 freemen in the first turn.
    Those 3 charge attack & another 3 normal attack (with 30% non-bodyshot & then 90% of critical hit) might be more than enough to kill a level 41 freemen .
    mik81
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    edited October 2017
    Monsuta said:

@mik81 Yep, Piercing is a must against high level enemy, body shot didn't exceed 100%.
    As you can see my level 13 rare shooter using piercing weapon can critical hit a level 28 normal walker with normal attack:

Can he do it 30% of the times? (I mean non-bodyshot)
    Also: Can he do it vs. high level Armored?
    PR0DJ said:

Monsuta said:

Can he do it 30% of the times? (I mean non-bodyshot)
    Also: Can he do it vs. high level Armored?
    Testing ongoing, would take more time.
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    jbuoy said:

@SCBMA I tried it with my "free" survivor this morning using a common badge so if it went to hell I would be ok with it. Turns out when you retire a survivor equipped with a badge, that badge just goes back into your inventory. No "removal" fee required.

Bumped this post in case anyone else is madly looking for this detail :)
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    jimmorrison369Yelly
    30% Piercing is working on normal walkers, although it's very RNG

@PR0DJ @jimmorrison369 Is it supposed to 100% body shot from a level 13 rare shooter to level 19 & level 20 armored walkers even when using 30% Piercing on normal attack?
    My level 22 assault can occasionally normal hit & critical hit to those level 20 armored when using 30% Piercing on normal attack.

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    @monsuta.
    I've indeed found your results too.
    On the last distance I've also done a lot of "non-body-shots" against very high level.
    Indeed about 30%.

I'm not sure about armored walkers.
    I don't see any critical hits on your data on armored walker.
    @jimmorrison369
    Could it be armored walker not guaranteed 100% body shot in lower level even without piercing,
    but guaranteed 100% body shot in higher level with piercing weapon?
    And same level might be either one or random?
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    @Monsuta
    Yes, I think so.
    Same lvl armored can be pierced.
    Monsuta
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,172
    @Mabiki I think you came up with a new event! Free badge reset weekend...
    DLichromeo
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    First thing I did after uodate was check for changes with crafting.

Bad news I'm afraid ... still chance of lower level badge than components/Fragment used.

Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    JackBauerromeo
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    > @I_Am_Psycho said:
    > First thing I did after uodate was check for changes with crafting.
    >
    > Bad news I'm afraid ... still chance of lower level badge than components/Fragment used.

I don't think it will ever change or atleast for an extremely long time. I hear people not crafting in hopes for a change but personally I think they're wasting their time.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • vwlphbvwlphb Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2017
    I can confirm - two full sets of rare fragments, two uncommon badges. Two full sets of uncommon fragments, two common badges. It's really frustrating. If it felt like an even distribution between even to your components, better, and worse, fine. But I regularly get a level below my components, including with epic giving me rare, and only once have gone higher.

I'm in the camp of not using my legendary components yet, since I just know it will give me an epic badge.
    paintbeastDBones
  • wekaweka Member Posts: 5
    Iirc you get 20% extra bonus if you have a set of four badges that are the same type. Does this mean 20% of the badges bonus? Like a
    20%dmg becomes 24 (0.2x20=4) and a
    +200dmg becomes +240 (0.2x200=40)?

Also does the set bonuses increase if you have a set of 5 or 6 of the same type?
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    weka said:

Iirc you get 20% extra bonus if you have a set of four badges that are the same type. Does this mean 20% of the badges bonus? Like a
    20%dmg becomes 24 (0.2x20=4) and a
    +200dmg becomes +240 (0.2x200=40)?

Also does the set bonuses increase if you have a set of 5 or 6 of the same type?

Yes the bonus calculation is correct.

The bonus applies only to the badges of that specific set.
    So if you use five or six from the same set, the bonus doesn't increase, but applies to the five or six badges.

Jadenjimmorrison369
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    Yes, that's how it works.

And no, further badges don't increase the bonus but all of the badges (4 or more) will get the bonus.

Would be cool to get an additional bonus for having 6 badges of the same kind, though.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    jimmorrison369
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 2,019
    Badge Crafting for me is on hold.
    To take 1 and 2 star Fragments and spend 16.5K then turn around and un equip for 15 gold...... No thanks.
    My 2 Cents
    Eugene would have been better served as a Craftsman that could have been leveled up.
    Using "X" amount of 1 start fragments to make a 2 star fragment and so on with the other components.

But what ever
    Standing by for the next nerf bomb

Edd8bigbeano
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,172
    I agree about the badge crafting. I need food right now for the training grounds and workshop. Crafting is on hold, and I might even put the Hard Distance on hold, so I can get the extra food from easy/normal mode.
    SPC_TORRESromeoRaven2318
  • black_ninesblack_nines Member Posts: 33
    Finally found a legendary fragment. After what 5 weeks? Rushed back to the crafting table, got my 4 legendary components together. Wham bam, a mf epic badge! It’s ok though as there was a chance of getting a higher tier wasn’t there???!!!! RNG sucks.