Badges - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    edited October 2017
    @Japes87 I've pointed it out many times to @Shteevie that it's not working as intended to what he said:

"It works both ways; you can get a higher rarity badge than the rarity f the components that are used. This system allows all components to have some potential value to the players."
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/263401/#Comment_263401

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/263414/#Comment_263414

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/269706/#Comment_269706

But he just said "Message received and understood" on other player then he just keep ignoring me to showed up to leave another comment.
    TimboskiJadenJapes87romeo
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 405
    While it may be true that you can get a higher rarity badge than the components you used, in real terms the probability is so low it's nonsense. So far, out of the 85 badges I've crafted none of them has been of higher rarity than the components I used. I haven't kept track of how many have been lower, but it's high.

The whole system is horrible and should be reworked to allow crafting lower quality components into higher quality components, and then guaranteeing the rarity of the badge based on the components used.
    JadenpaintbeastNezoromeoSplatter
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 285
    I'm already in the habit of hoarding phones until i can make 20 or so 15-calls in one session. This lets me see many more 4 star pulls in a short time, than what i would perceive if i made calls as soon as i hit 15 phones, over a longer period of time.

Using the same mentality with badges, i stock up until i can make 20 or so badges with rare bage fragments and better. Doing this all at once, i see a greater number of 'upgrades' in a short period if time. Yes, there are some down grades and many even trades along with that too, but it gives me a sense of the intended balance, rather than always feeling like a punch in the nuts.

That being said, with a little over 200 badges created since this feature was released, i do not own a single legendary badge. But i can say i have over 20 Epic badges, and maybe 5 of those were upgraded results from inferior components and/or fragments.

I guess what I'm saying is, you may feel a little less frustrated if you craft in batches, instead of as soon as you can.
    docfinzenburgSplatter
  • ScowleyScowley Member Posts: 421
    edited October 2017
    Just had my first bite at crafting a legendary with all legendary parts.

Got an epic.

A 'B shaped' East positioned, Health +18%
    Elder of guild 'Aloha Snackbar'
  • OvergrowdaworldOvergrowdaworld Member Posts: 536
    So if say I have a badge that says +250 damage...... +100 damage if Carl is in the group....... does that mean if Carl’s in the group it’s only +100 or is it+350? Thanx.
    Splatter
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    It's an additional 100, so 350.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 285
    The green text stat is added to the major amount, if the condition is met. So if Carl is the wearers teammate, the badge adds + 350 dmg, and just +250 is Carl is not in the team.

(Outpost defenders are not considered your "team", so they will never benefit from the green text conditional bonuses)
    edited October 2017
    Ok. Thanks. I was thinking it got decreased. I was porposefully making sure that the hero in green text wasn’t on my team so I didn’t loose the full bonus. LOL! I’m now gonna put Glenn on my team with Ezekiel and see if I can’t kill the armored walkers on this mission and get the shooter I’ve been trying to rescue all week. On Chapter 13, It says I should have lv 17 guys but at lv 16 I should be able to get this mission solved. Especially with the bonus now. Thanx again!

I wish the green text read like: +100 “MORE” if “whomever” is on your team.
    Nope..........still can’t beat it. As soon as the shooter gets hit, it’s all over. I’ll figure it out. LOL! Maybe use shooter to open 2nd gate in 3 turns while Glenn and Ezekiel protect her? I’ll get it. Gonna lv them up to 17 and hopefully have armor with wrestler on both of them first.
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    edited October 2017
    @overgrowdaworld Do you have better scouts and warriors besides the heroes? They would work better. I remember using a bruiser on that level, too. The stuns help a lot. Also, Wrestler isn't going to do anything for you anymore after the nerf.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    edited October 2017
    Got 1 scout and 1 warrior other than my hero’s. 4 star. Got 2 bruisers that are very nice that I have defending my outpost. Could drag one kicking and screaming away for this mission and see what the new team can do.
    I did it! Thank you @crambert_nec ! The bruiser I have has retaliate and punish and just puts a beating on these walkers. The warrior mopped up the rest. Finally.
    crambert_necromeo
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Bumping this thread, hoping to make it to page 21...
    jimmorrison369TimberSCBMA
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Dammit...
    jimmorrison369TimberSCBMA