Badges - Official Discussion Thread

12122232426

Comments

  • Dingo98Dingo98 Member Posts: 40
    edited December 2017
    > @WeekOne said:
    > Well... I kinda got lucky again this morning folks! :p

    I'm Happy for you! -_-
    DBonesWeekOneGovernatorJaden
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Married life will do that to us! ;)
    DBonesGovernatorGnatevilJaden
  • xxarea83xxxxarea83xx Member Posts: 221
    Question based on what some are saying about common and uncommon badges:

    Does everyone really tend to scrap their common and uncommon badges vs. assigning them here, or do most people live off some idea of, "every little bit helps" like me? I mean I would rather have epic or legendary badges, but we all know how much of a rarity those are.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

    IGN: xxarea83xx
    Guild: Anti Walkers
    Player Level: 68
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    edited December 2017

    Question based on what some are saying about common and uncommon badges:

    Does everyone really tend to scrap their common and uncommon badges vs. assigning them here, or do most people live off some idea of, "every little bit helps" like me? I mean I would rather have epic or legendary badges, but we all know how much of a rarity those are.

    @xxarea83xx I used to use them all and scrapped all of my 1 and 2 star badges when we had our free badge scrapping event.

    It was too costly for me to “unequip” my badges.

    I only keep rare and up now and have kept only two uncommon badges (damage reduction & critical damage) for fillers until I get better ones if I need them.

    I only badge my favourite survivors.
    DBones
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    I keep them all, and equip them all, until something better comes along to replace it with. I also only assign particular badge classes to particular survivors. For example, Abe will ONLY sport cross-shaped, while Sasha will ONLY sport circle-shaped. When applying them this way, you ensure that every badge a survivor has on gets its full potential thanks to the 20% bonus. I don't bother even considering unequipping (except maybe on the next free unequip day - I totally re-badged my entire crew the last time we had one), or mixing-and-matching. I rarely use any of my heroes but for a select few anyway, so what's the harm in giving crappy badges to crappy heroes? The few heroes who I do use get first dibs at the best badges, along with my regular class survivors.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    WeekOneJaden
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    I should clarify my above comment. I don't actually "keep them all." I keep any new ones that I craft. However, when I replace a survivor's badge with a better one, 9 times out of 10, I scrap the old one (because it's usually common or uncommon). i don't scrap any badges that are green or better, no matter what. In the extremely rare instance where I need to replace a green, I unequip it to give to another survivor. Just making sure my routine is clear so as not to cause any confusion.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    Jaden
  • iamedgeiamedge Member Posts: 68
    Anybody else sick to death of getting critical damage badges? It seems about 70% of everything I craft goes critical damage. I've lost all excitement with crafting because of this.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,246
    Had to happen eventually... Maxed out on Badges (406 total). Time to delete a few 1-star Badges to make room. You would think the XP scrapping value would increase with rarity like equipment. :neutral:


    DBones
  • atrixatrix Member Posts: 4
    I’m tired of getting screwed on crafting badges it makes zero sense that you can use all legendary components and end up with an epic badge I just pissed off 10 Legendary components which takes forever to accumulate in th 1st place.

    In fact by crafting numerous rare and uncommon badges with the 100’s of useless components that accumulate while farm E and L components I was playing around with the components and the formula and I’m getting a feel for the % drop rates which aren’t too favorable for the player. I don’t want to be told there’s always a chance to get something better like an epic becoming legendary, sure that’s a nice surprise, but there shouldn’t be any surprises when using all L components. Using a mixture of lesser components I’m fine have a chance of failure but 100 percent legendary components should result in 100 percent legendary badge, anything else is on acceptable. Why not give each piece a 20% chance to generate that color badge. If you use one epic component and 4 legendary one you get a 80% chance the item in L and 20% it is E.

    I cannot imagine a single player in this game that will disagree with my sentiments. There’s already enough randomness in having five configurations of badges with a myriad of different abilities on the badges it takes long enough to find what you’re looking to make a set for why do you have to add an additional layer of frustration with downgrading crafting?

    Am I crazy for thinking this way?
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @atrix
    No you're not alone...
    I thread I made some time ago but has disappeared from main view;

    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/30797/adjustment-to-the-crafting-system
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    atrix
  • atrixatrix Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the links!!

    Wow I have been playing this game from almost the beginning(back when your survivors could really die) and oddly I just decided to check out the forums and post for the 1st time.

    I have to say I am totally disenfranchised with reading all the comments and NG lack of concern with their customers.

    I’m embarrassed to say I’ve spend a few dollars in this game after all it is entertainment and get sucked in now and then BUT truthfully you don’t get much in return. The developers ignoring the customer is icing on the cake to certainly stop spending and perhaps just hang it up altogether.

    Frankly it’s not a very big ask from the customers to change the mechanics on how the badge crafting works. Those who spend real $$ won’t feel cheated and those who spend time playing, grinding and looking for components won’t feel cheated It is a win-win . Not sure why they wouldn’t make the change?

    I was already frustrated enough with the diminishing returns you got in abilities as survivors escalated from 6 to 7 to 8 purple stars kind of pointless to uses 2000 token to get a 1% bump in something. Then the badges cameout. Everyone got a quick boost in stats but again in then end we are stuck with the same lackluster equation too much effort for the return.

    There’s a list of improvements this game could implement to stay fresh: Guild wars and raids, a better guild environment in general perhaps a village the group builds together and protects; weekly high scores and reward for players who like to impress the community.

    Instead of actually listening to the customers I see in the near future a bunch of petty little daily grind missions coming that don’t pay out anything meaningful; future levels with escalating cost to upgrade everything and even more Hero survivors that crowd the group. I’m sure for the holiday they’ll make a group event where if we all kill X number of zombies everybody gets a magical epic weapon that nobody will use !!
    TJSMurdoquepaintbeast
  • The_OvercomerThe_Overcomer Member Posts: 182
    vshield50 said:

    > @zbot said:

    > @vshield50 it's RNG, I would wait until you find a leg badge so the badge you get is at least Epic or Leg.



    Thanks @zbot . I took a risk I guess and ended up with an epic. Worked out well though based on the survivor I equipped it on ;)

    Do Legendary Fragments even exist ? I havent seen ANY since they released the system. I think we should cal them Unicorn Fragments, they don't exist...
  • The_OvercomerThe_Overcomer Member Posts: 182
    Firekid said:

    I don't understand the hating here? Isn't the chance of leg badge when using rare items worth the risk of getting rare when using legendary? Just means you can be less picky with what you craft with. And yes I got rare from my free epic stuff but then my girlfriend got epic fro her free green stuff! Also you can't have it both ways where you want leg stuff from all epic pieces....

    Have you seen the drop rate ? Its 65% that you will get the lowest badge 25% middle 15% top badge , how is that fair after all the grinding we do? So you use all Epic and there is a 25% change you will actually get Epic badge 65% you get Rare.
    atrix
  • atrixatrix Member Posts: 4
    I’ve decided to boycott spending money on this game until the developers fix the badge crafting system where players using 100% legendary components to craft a badge will not get an unexspected and disappointing epic badge as a result.

    I have encouraged any one in my guild who spends money to stop spending and sent an in game message to support until this is fix. I would ask others who feel similar to do likewise.
    romeo
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Here's my current badge sitrep



    Wondering if it's similar to others (probably only the first 3 rarities are relevant)

  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @Overgrowdaworld
    I've got one very similar to yours, maybe your next one will be a damage badge like mine.



    @DoTak
    I did a rough count. I have 6 Leg. 9 Epic, close to 100 Rare & over 200 common & uncommon combined.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    DBones
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Wow thanks @TJS quite different from mine
    TJS
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    4 leg
    33 epic
    80 rare
    TJSDoTakDBones
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    1 Legendary
    14 Epic
    42 Rare
    42 Uncommon
    49 Common
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

    "Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    TJSDoTakmack22
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @DoTak
    My rough count was way off.
    6 Leg.
    19 Epic
    86 Rare
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    DoTakmack22
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    I think @jimmorrison369 is winning so far. Would love to have 33 epics!
    SPC_TORRESTJSDBones
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,739
    I've had the good fortune to have about 10 legendary frags drop, unfortunately only 2 came out legendary. At least every time I get one I know I've at least got an epic badge coming, the difference between epic and legendary isn't game changing. I've got 2 leg, 50 epic and 70 something rare. I scrap anything below rare and don't even bother to craft the uncommon/common.

    Hopefully one day they will give you a way to merge components to a higher rarity.
    DoTakDBones
Sign In or Register to comment.