Badges - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554
    @painwalker I know you do regular speed so players can see but if you repeatedly press the item (like speed tapping it repeatedly) you can skip having to wait for each one to load.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Pain Walker
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Has anyone else wondered what the "coming soon" notice in the crafting station is? Perhaps gear components?
    Pain WalkerMattOfEarthWahooDawg
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,647
    edited September 2017
    @DLich I know but the video won't last 2 min then besides I love the excitement when opening these crates.

@General_Quatre There must be always something that makes you look forward to the future updates right? ;)

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    MattOfEarth
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146

Epic what? Apples, Bananas think you need to clarify that immeadiatly, whats next bundle just say weapon.

Whilst I wont be buying the overpriced bundle, I would logically assume since badge parts and componets are actually listed and the fact the "Epic" is at the top then it will be full badges.

MattOfEarth
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 387
    @Poppy from watching the @painwalker videos where he opens a shit ton of those crates.... the ? 2 Epic means it can be either a badge fragment or a badge component. It is not 2 full badges. So you get 1 guaranteed epic badge fragment and 2 wildcards which are either fragment or component. Most crates it was components if I remember correctly. Maybe @painwalker can post the "loot list" of what was in each crate. I think he only picked up 2 legendary components out of like 200 random components...so drop rate was very low for those.

p.s. I'm not getting any crates until I see what the rewards look like in The Distance.
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    Pain WalkerVladoII
    edited September 2017
    Have you wondered what badges you can get by mixing different rarities of components?

Probably making a video!

ZetteAnDronchikVladoIItpips42
    @JerryDixon Yep 2 Epic can be any of the 5 component types. So often you can get 2 epic badge fragments

Probably making a video!

MattOfEarth
    Also you do realize you don't need that many legendaries as they can still give you epic badge. Even by mixing epics with a legendary you can still get a good one.

Probably making a video!

• SerpSerp Member Posts: 621
    > @DLich said:
    > @painwalker I know you do regular speed so players can see but if you repeatedly press the item (like speed tapping it repeatedly) you can skip having to wait for each one to load.

You can actually hit the >> in the top right corner and it just gives you list of what you received.
    DLichMattOfEarth
  • tpips42tpips42 Member Posts: 105
    All my sarcasm was lost when the winking emoji failed to post...sigh
    JadenDoTakPain Walkerbigbeano
    Anyhoo, I've been holding onto my components and haven't crafted any badges yet. For some reason, I feel like more info or tweaks to the system may happen and I'm in no rush to start using badges. At least until I get to The Distance or maybe the end of the challenge this week.

I guess everyone's post about getting rare badges with their free epic components has made me less excited about crafting. I don't want to rush to craft right now only to be disappointed.
    DoTakMattOfEarth
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,068
    What made me less excited about badges is that I can't craft any on my main account. Not even on another device (where I normally play my second account on, so it's an issue with the account).

I know they are onto it, but still... and, uh, yeah... I got a legendary part from the TV which was nice. Hope to be able to use it some day soon. :/
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    MattOfEarth
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 387
    @tpips42 I burned up my free gift like a lottery winner :-) I got 1 epic and 1 rare. Then I collected a bunch from crates and 1 more rare. My take is every extra % or bump helps...however, I don't know who to equip with them yet. Waiting for later in the challenge to see who needs them. Probably put them either all on Abe or all on Jesus...will even out my lineup with my regular survivors.
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    MattOfEarth
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 352
    edited September 2017
    Here's 2 schools of thought, off the top of my head:

1) give badges to your 'weaker' survivor (like Epic Abe) to even out their deficiencies, making them more useable, or

2) specifically boost already high stats on your better survivors to really maximize their traits. For example, giving a bruiser added health and damage reduction, or a scout extra attack points, instead of the other way around.

Not sure which way would pan out better in the long run.
    MattOfEarth
  • CanabetCanabet Member Posts: 6
    In order to learn how this whole badge system works it says consult the FAQ page. Where is that?
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Canabet said:

In order to learn how this whole badge system works it says consult the FAQ page. Where is that?

Just click on the green info-signs on the crafting tab...
    MattOfEarth
  • TweetyBirdTweetyBird Member Posts: 157
    zbot said:

FYI: To all, before you craft your badge, it tells you the range of badge you can expect from the components you are using.

Yes it does. My range was supposed to be epic to legendary and I received a rare. That is why I posted my remark.
    MattOfEarth
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,800

zbot said:

FYI: To all, before you craft your badge, it tells you the range of badge you can expect from the components you are using.

Yes it does. My range was supposed to be epic to legendary and I received a rare. That is why I posted my remark.
    Did you take a screenshot? If not what rarity components were you using. I've had instances where I changed 1 to a lower rarity and it adjusted accordingly. So far the rarity range listed has been accurate, According to what I know, in order to be epic to legendary all the components would have to be legendary.
    Heisenberg
  • VladoIIVladoII Member Posts: 98
    It's seems like a poker game to me. :smile:

After Pain Walker spent 20.000 gold, now he can't craft a badge with all leg components. This is not as good as it looks.

MattOfEarthInvader
  • VladoIIVladoII Member Posts: 98
    Maybe one day we will have a chance to buy 4 or 5 stars components with TG in Trade Shop.
    JerryDixonMattOfEarthInvader
    @VladoII I think leg fragments and components are the reward for The Distance. There are pics of both on the bottom of the mission tab.
    Pain Walker