I think I have created a monster!

My lousy Bruisers are usually relegated to standing guard in Outpost without any lordship (likes the Night'sWatch). With the exception of only a few challenge maps, I have little use for them. So, I stacked a bunch of dmg-reduction & health boosts onto Bruiser just for shits&giggles. To my horror, what emerged was a Frankenstein of sorts. She now has over 8K health, with around +60% damage-reduction offset.

I fear I have created a monster.

I know buffed-up attackers with their own fancy badges shouldn't have any trouble.....but perhaps some unsuspecting average Joe who stumbles into outpost-Frankenstein might have a rough go at it...

(Moral of the story) - Not to sound like the crazy guy on the sidewalk preaching of doomsday, but I would hate to see a great divide in the playerbase due to component/badge accessibility between F2P vs P2P players (not just for outposts, but affecting challenges too). I would hope this game will try to foster greater accessibility of this new badge feature to ALL players to obtain freely within game itself (and not mainly from spending money/gold). Because this Frankenstein monster is pure evil (like Guapo), and she must be destroyed!!
WhereisHeathvshield50paintbeastzbotjimmorrison369InvaderMrsScattercushiontomducat21TheLostOnesJayZJenngSCBMAArtisansMonsutaDLichDavid_H79KarajocaTroublemakerR2runfastJadenOneVoiceCaptainslayercylonnumbersixCarlybababooeyTJSAval0nbigbeanoSlowMoGForceautumn_ashPutchucoADPaqiiviiDBonesKaLiantmik81PapacasDEADITE_HUNTERGovernatorCooncapibaraGuapoJackBauersligoemAnnette578KARAZIPKALIFester17

Comments

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,712
    In all seriousness, I'm interested to see what NG staff has to say about something like this. Is this the intent of the badge system or an unforeseen consequence? Will additional caps be placed to reign in O/P survivors or will players have to adapt to the new system?
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    Invader
  • WhereisHeathWhereisHeath Member Posts: 78
    I`ve always loved to farm and i dont like to get things easily spending money.
    Thanks for the new badge system .. pay 2 win is bored :D
    mik81T_12CoonAnnette578
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,627
    All working as intended

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    vshield50zeowerus
  • VladoIIVladoII Member Posts: 98
    Anya is great Bruiser. She can be stunned more than 15 turns :smile:
    vshield50
  • SerpSerp Member Posts: 620
    Pardon me while I step up on my soapbox...
    Maybe we need to stop trying to "keep up with the Jones's". Equality of opportunity trumps equality of outcome. Someone will always be able to spend more money or time on this game than us. No matter how much "balancing" is done there will always be someone "better" for some reason or another. The point is we all have the same opportunity to be movado's which is the only way to truly be fair.

I look forward to coming across someone with roided out monsters in their outpost so I can test my mettle and gauge where I fit in the grand scheme of things. If there isn't a high bar set to reach for or a nigh impossible goal to try to meet, what's the point?
    vshield50SCBMAMabikiJerryDixon
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    I'm not trying to keep up with Movado @Serp ...just trying to decipher the meaning of "only the best of the best" can beat the distance. If it's "only the best players of the best spenders on radios" can beat it, then that's one meaning. It was probably my mistake to assume that someone with a few 7/8 star survivors may be able to squeak thru that game mode if they truly are one of the best players.
    I_Am_Psychoenigma12
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Serp said:

The point is we all have the same opportunity to be movado's which is the only way to truly be fair.

Not true.
    vshield50Aval0nJadenjimmorrison369
  • SerpSerp Member Posts: 620
    @OneLessTitan since I can see your star totals in my local top 50 I would assume that you would fall into the category of "best of the best". When I gauge myself off the top 50's weekly stars I see I fall somewhere a little below you so I am hoping to be able to do well in the distance. We will just have to wait and see. I'm also curious to see what ng's idea of the best of the best is.
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 391
    Serp said:

I'm also curious to see what ng's idea of the best of the best is.

My take on best of the best, when taking into account Shteevie's comment about Anya not being able to go the Distance next week, is that it's going to be impossible to be beat initially by the vast majority of players with only the stupidly overpowered and ultra elite being able to make it to the end. I mean seriously we're talking about a 9* beast with 8K health and 60% damage reduction. That's insane by today's standards.

I just hope the rewards are sufficient to keep me interested in the game mode to eventually go the distance.
    InvaderJadenrudjawol