The Distance: First Look & Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    So, what happened to the maps being different from week to week?
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    Some map had human enemy added that last week doesn't had too.
    Governator
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    @Teeceezy @Fearofabotplanet love the new distance changes and added layers of freeman, spikes, and tough walkers this week!

This should really help with the heated wrestler discussions and a good compromise without an immediate nerf to the trait ^_^

Good luck to everyone this week!
    David_H79TeeceezyTJSant
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,040
    It's killing me that the Merle tokens are much farther along than I will be able to get.... :(
    TimboskiGrimes0688
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    @I_Am_Psycho those tokens finally let me get Rufus up to epic and Eugene's strong to level 3. It got me thinking though: why does Eugene have the strong trait? That is not a trait I would associate with Eugene. Come on, NG! Do you even Walking Dead? :p
    MadPuppytpips42Jadenshaunatthepub
  • BerndErwinBerndErwin Member Posts: 69
    "Realisitic Traits" for that worm Eugene would ne Dodge, Bullet Dodge, Lucky, Iron Skin
    JerryDixonshaunatthepub
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,705
    Monsuta said:

Some map had human enemy added that last week doesn't had too.

The maps are in a different order now too. Plus, I just did a map (Refuse Pile) that had a gate before, but now I can run to the exit. They are moving around the types of special walkers you will face too.
    gamer4life
  • gamer4lifegamer4life Member Posts: 8
    Yay!!!
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    I haven't made it to the end yet. How did you deal with the few high RSL maps that have Freemen? Are there walkers you can pit against them?
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    @crambert_nec

Pretty much the run through the epic rewards is all freemen with walkers but by far the hardest is the penultimate mission as for 3 turns theres (lost 30 people on that one)no walkers plus theres a gate to open and the win condition is kill the freemen.

Last mission was easy it was kill x walkers and it was just walkers.
    crambert_necgamer4life
  • gamer4lifegamer4life Member Posts: 8
    > @crambert_nec said:
    > I haven't made it to the end yet. How did you deal with the few high RSL maps that have Freemen? Are there walkers you can pit against them?

Running towards the exit (sometimes you have to sacrific a survivor to the freeman) then let the Freeman fight walkers. When walkers get close to exit sacrific another survivor to distract them until the exit lights up.

So basically to answer your question from my experience, yes. :)
    crambert_necant
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    Thanks guys, that's what I thought. When I first scanned all the new maps and saw a few Freemen levels way late in the game, I initially thought this week might be impossible. But that would only be the case if they were Freemen only and without glitches lol
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    gamer4life
    Second time was much easier with knowledge of what was to come

• TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    That was fun!
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    SCBMADavid_H79romeothew_robert
  • rathbanerathbane Member Posts: 3
    So this wasn't really made with the casual player in mind of ever finishing it ? Swapping all that equipment kinda dials down the fun factor. Would have been nice if they had different difficulty levels for folks that play off and on. I could certainly stand less rewards for making it a bit more manageable.
    SabrinaInvader
  • RuhrpottRuhrpott Member Posts: 97
    What about a "progress " in guild. Show how far members are. Btw, distance was a freaky idea, thx for this.
    black_nines
  • MinaTo
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    rathbane said:

So this wasn't really made with the casual player in mind of ever finishing it ? Swapping all that equipment kinda dials down the fun factor. Would have been nice if they had different difficulty levels for folks that play off and on. I could certainly stand less rewards for making it a bit more manageable.

Watch this space.. :)
    TJSPutchucoInvaderBill_ZRT
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    My own policy concerning The Distance is to stop when I have the rare fragments because it isn't efficient use of gas for me after that. I pick up enough rare components anyway elsewhere in game.

For me, it's about the potential gain per gas used ;)

It's a shame really because I like that it's tough and needs more effort, which is why the small prize fund disappoints me.

Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    InvaderTheSittingDuckshaunatthepubSPC_TORRES
  • NidintuBelNidintuBel Member Posts: 16
    Are survivors that are currently trained in the training ground available in the distance? Do i have to wait for the Distance to start before starting the training?
    Kill all walkers mission early in this weeks distance with a threat respawn meter which has no correlation to what threat youve generated, also the respawns need to be killed too to open the exit.

Thats right?

@Teeceezy @Fearofabotplanet
    JackBauerInvader
  • GeirGeir Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2017
    For me the distance start to be so boring.
    It's about use and put in survivors and flee and if lucky you manage kill and come next level for do the same thing again and again.
    In the end when all your survivors dead you have use tons of gold and phone.
    Maybe if put the epic longer down on the ladder so the benefit and help all players will be good.

This game have a problem because for new and player not play from start don't have a chance to catch up and play in same basis like player play from the start.
    The price for phones and gold fare to high.
    NG have to make it more easy to create pink survivors for new players.
    Now I sit use phones I need for tokens for maybe if very lucky catch some epic components.

What will NG do for keep players don't start play from the start ?
    This is not very popular for people play from start and use money from start.
    I as well use a lots of money in this game to end up be a avarange player because in my level no gift's or benefit.
    And remember when start this game you don't need collect tokens for over 20 Hero's + try to build up pink stars for ordinary survivors.

Had be fun it after a time people can play on same basis.

Putchucomik81Troublemakerljr6jvhv4
  • hoanghoang Member Posts: 14
    In today's mission 8, we get 2 rare fragments. If I restart the distance, will I get 4 rare fragments ? ;)
    romeoNG_Sam
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,040
    hoang said:

In today's mission 8, we get 2 rare fragments. If I restart the distance, will I get 4 rare fragments ? ;)

Yes. I did the Distance twice (since we basically have unlimited gas today, it only cost m the 400 gold) and I got double sets of uncommon and rare fragments, as well as the components and other rewards.
    DoTak