The Distance: First Look & Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,099
    Hurry up and complete the Distance before the update. Free tokens and badge components. This is the Distance #2.

tabernac
    What I got from completing the Distance #3 last week. Crafting badges.

tabernac
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    avelardez said:

Can we nerf the gold concussion because I am going to use that with my fighters to beat the Distance once you 2.8 update hits. If you beat the Distance you know what I mean!

Yes!

Wait... I mean no. No, that'll never work *looks shiftily back and forth*
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    tabernacEdd8Governator
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    Level52 spiky in outskirts - well done NG.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    PigTJSInvaderromeo
    But does NG really think that those spikys can stop us ? For the time until after the update I ask everyone to not post videos how to beat that level. >:)
    -----------------
    Pig
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    I'm not that far yet, but can't you just wrestle them? Supposedly spiked walkers "can't be wrestled" but that's proven wrong every time they come around. I definitely did it in last week's Distance.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    PigTJS
    Distance #4 so after update how in the world do you kill 23,000 HP with spawns of 3 on this mission. Let alone the few starting? Hope the 2.8 address this.

JackBauer
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,400
    avelardez said:

Distance #4 so after update how in the world do you kill 23,000 HP with spawns of 3 on this mission. Let alone the few starting? Hope the 2.8 address this.

You're not supposed to. Remember, the original intent was that no one,with the possible exception of an extraordinarily small % of the player population, was intended to even sniff the last level.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

JackBauerjimmorrison369
  • Edd8Edd8 Member Posts: 132
    > @Bill_ZRT said:
    > Distance #4 so after update how in the world do you kill 23,000 HP with spawns of 3 on this mission. Let alone the few starting? Hope the 2.8 address this.
    >
    > You're not supposed to. Remember, the original intent was that no one,with the possible exception of an extraordinarily small % of the player population, was intended to even sniff the last level.

That small % doesn't exist without wrestler trait and won't exist before council level 30, so releasing the distance now at this difficulty for us to finish 2 years later is insulting.
    JackBauerMonsutatabernac8N8
  • snafusnafu Member Posts: 227
    edited October 2017
    What was the description of the last mission? I thought freemen were supposed to be killed but objective was Kill all walkers.
    TheLostOnes
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 472
    Stupidest game I’ve almost ever played, and someone actually sat and looked at it and liked it. So NG, what like maybe .5% maybe completed it if you had every player with wrestler on every level, and that’s what you guys were excited about....
    suzequeueLightfeetEdd8
    @snafu Shhhhhhh........
    @Pig Can't tell if serious or sarcasm... :#
    Pig
  • snafusnafu Member Posts: 227
    @Pig You mean the one that involves power strike?
    Pig
    Without moving !
    -----------------
    paintbeastPigSCBMA
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    JackBauer said:

Without moving !

:#
    PigSCBMA
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870

@Pig Can't tell if serious or sarcasm... :#

Just checking to see if NG's paying attention ;)
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    crambert_nec
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited October 2017
    > @Metal said:
    > Stupidest game I’ve almost ever played, and someone actually sat and looked at it and liked it. So NG, what like maybe .5% maybe completed it if you had every player with wrestler on every level, and that’s what you guys were excited about....

I don't mean to offended you but can you explain to me if you think it's the stupidest game you've almost ever played, why do you continue to play?

*edit to add. If you only don't play the distance why complain?

Without looking up the definition of stupid, this seems pretty close.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Edd8Mabiki
    @TJS just an opinion and doesn’t look like I’m alone with that, I can play it even if I think the the distance is dumb, didn’t say anything about the rest of the game, just the fact that the distance is unrealistic to 95% of the players, but thx for caring
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I'm pretty sure the whole point of the distance was to make it near impossible to beat. I just wanted to try to understand the logic in your comment.
    Anyway, not to worry.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    No biggy the whole point was when you have thousands of gamers here, you don’t make something up that 1% of them can finish, not a good game mechanic and when 95% can’t make it past level 12-14 then it’s a fail, but good luck to you
    TJSLightfeet
    How to get the last two done.

GovernatorDigyo
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,713
    I got past it this week too. I got lucky. I stunned the Freemen too and the walkers ignored my guys and ended taking out all the Freemen in the first try. On the second try, I sent my LLS into a crowd to get eaten and as he became a lunch buffet for the walkers, an Exploder came in for chow time and I shot him from long range. Took out most of them in one shot. The last round, I went in with some wrestlers and coasted to the exit.
    avelardezjimmorrison369SCBMA
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    I played the distance four times and then I was extremely unmotivated to give it another try.

The swarms and strength of the walkers are insane...
    Yea it’s a lame part of the game, how fun is it to just keep supplying your survivors with wrestler. Laaaaammooo
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 386
    Wrestler by itself doesn’t let anyone beat the distance. @avelardez numerous videos clearly shows that it’s NML Game skill that does it (charge all survivors early, survivor combos, gear combos, knowing where the game AI helps,, utilize current week survivor bonus, etc). Wrestler trait is only one tool that helps. No one is beating the distance just using wrestler on every map.
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    JackBauerEdd8crambert_necJadenMrsScattercushion