3 Turn Interactions

A very basic question from a rookie: How do the 3 turn interactions work? I am on Episode 3, the 4th mission, Three Doors Closed. The team goes in and one of them gets to the first door. It says it takes 3 turns. Okay, fine. During this time, the survivor can not be moved. There is a number over his head, counting down the turns: 3, 2, 1, and then the normal icon appears (a knife or whatever). At that point, the door isn't glowing anymore but nothing else happens. There are the three locks up at the top near the right. Nothing changes there. The lock doesn't close; there is nothing to indicate that anything has been accomplished.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here, which is quite possible considering I only started playing a week ago. What should I be doing differently? What am I missing?

Comments

• jesterjester Member Posts: 2,741
    edited February 2016
    Close all three doors then get your people to the exit at the bottom. (The blue-shaded area.)
    Teeceezy
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    But there is no indication that the door is closed. Shouldn't the three locks up top close one by one as I get to the doors? How do I know if the door is really closed? Just assume it is because it isn't glowing anymore?
    Yes.
    Teeceezy
    Okay, I'll see how it goes. Thanks.
    You don't even need to go to the exit. Just close the doors.
    Teeceezy
    That worked. Thanks!

I'm starting to get the hang of this. I'm better at camp management than I am at the missions. From what I gather the only way to get equipment is to complete the missions and the way to maximize the chances of getting better equipment is to go on deadly missions? So we basically scrounge around and hope to find something epic?
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    edited February 2016
    Dale said:

That worked. Thanks!

I'm starting to get the hang of this. I'm better at camp management than I am at the missions. From what I gather the only way to get equipment is to complete the missions and the way to maximize the chances of getting better equipment is to go on deadly missions? So we basically scrounge around and hope to find something epic?

yep.

you can also get them from guild rewards and completing chapters, but they all entail doing missions.
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
    Good to know. Thanks! I haven't checked into the guilds yet. Maybe I'll get there after I know what I'm doing.

If you guys don't mind another rookie question: is there any reason NOT to swap gear so the survivors going on the missions are using the best gear available?

I somehow acquired a 4 Star Epic Bloodied Outcast's Shirt (I was happy to get something epic!) but, obviously, only one person can wear it at a time. If Scout A wears it on a mission, returns and goes to the hospital, it seems he wouldn't need it for a while. So Scout B can wear it on the next mission while Scout A is healing. Is that plan going to backfire in any way? Is there some weird rule that I don't know about?

Thank you for being patient with me.
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    Dale said:

Good to know. Thanks! I haven't checked into the guilds yet. Maybe I'll get there after I know what I'm doing.

If you guys don't mind another rookie question: is there any reason NOT to swap gear so the survivors going on the missions are using the best gear available?

I somehow acquired a 4 Star Epic Bloodied Outcast's Shirt (I was happy to get something epic!) but, obviously, only one person can wear it at a time. If Scout A wears it on a mission, returns and goes to the hospital, it seems he wouldn't need it for a while. So Scout B can wear it on the next mission while Scout A is healing. Is that plan going to backfire in any way? Is there some weird rule that I don't know about?

Thank you for being patient with me.

na you can do that if you want, but i'm sure you'll find that it's more trouble than it's worth once you get more gear available.
    but you can do that without any adverse effects.
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
    Yeah, it is kind of a pain. But it seems silly to leave my cool epic equipment on the sidelines when it could be useful. But hopefully I'll get more soon.

Thanks for the info!
This discussion has been closed.