How far did YOU go in The Distance?

124»

Comments

• MrsScattercushionMrsScattercushion Member Posts: 120
    Last time I tried, I got through 13/21. This time 19/21 with 1 survivor left. I only have 30 on my team so happy with progress made and the rewards. Videos have helped a lot, many thanks to all those who share, compile tips etc.
    JadenZette
  • PicPic Member Posts: 835
  • KudukKuduk Member Posts: 99
    13/21, 12/21, 19/21 & 20/21

I thought i won but 2 walkers grabbed my last 2 survivors at last minute...sigh
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    @Monsuta Are you trying to say that “Every change NG does is for Monsuta”?
    MattOfEarth
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    @painwalker Nope, this week the distance is definitely for better player experience, the freemen is possible to kill with the help of walkers, big improvement than last week that you need to rely on brute force or glitch to beat it.
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    jimmorrison369MattOfEarth
  • NezoNezo Member Posts: 37
    Completed the distance today for the first time. Wish it didn't come down to wrestle, flee, repeat, but it is what it is. I enjoy the concept and look forward for seeing how it is tweaked in the future.
    Monsuta
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    17/21 so far. Had two LLS from free calls; otherwise it's my regular team. Trying to see how far I can get without buying any gas with gold. Just called up 10 new recruits for when my gas refills.

Meanwhile, I'm kind of enjoying the LLS calls, regardless of The Distance. It's not a bad token return for the number of phones. I've used 14 phones (or free calls) so far and gotten 32 bruiser tokens from a rare, 10 Dwight, and 2 Rosita, in addition to a bunch of 2 and 8 token of various classes.

Most 15 phone calls give me less than that. Plus I'm getting The Distance rewards. So I'm starting to think this isn't a bad use of phones after all.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    Jenngtabernac
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Beat it both times again.

Wouldn't say it was more fun, this version at least it was possible using a combination of tactics and flawed gameplay mechanics.
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583
    19/21 again

OH, OH, WRESTLEMANIA
    YEAH THIS IS OUR LIFE
    OH, OH, WRESTLEMANIA
    FIGHTIN' TO SURVIVE
    Governator
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    edited September 2017
    I hit the gas wall on 20. Also, my last freeman was the assault and with several tries my best results were getting him into a struggle just a turn or two before my guys died.

So this time I'm hanging up the hat at 19/21. If I hadn't played out my regular roster, but used some LLS earlier in the missions, then I could have fielded a strong team at this point to soften the assault and get him in a struggle quicker. And of course the last mission is easy.

Oh well. I beat it once this week and I'm happy with that (as long as I get my badge...). Meanwhile, I lost track of how many phones I used, but it looks like about 40. They netted me two 3 star bruisers, so that's 64 tokens, plus 22 various hero tokens (two 10s and a 2), plus let's say thirty 1 star survivors and five 2 star survivors, for a total of roughly 156 tokens.

Three 15-phone calls would most likely have gotten me 96 tokens. But let's say I got lucky and landed an epic and two rares in those calls, for 192. Playing The Distance here I used slightly fewer phones, got a few less tokens, got all The Distance rewards and kill xp, and had some fun on a day off. Not bad I think.

EDIT: Oops, I counted the 1 star survivors above as being worth 1 token each, rather than 2. So in fact I got more like 186 tokens rather than 156, meaning it was very close to what I would have gotten with three 15 calls.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    Jenngbigbeano
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,399

Finished finally mission 20 is a son of a b**cj
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    JenngSCBMAMrsScattercushionGovernator
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    20/21. Went through so many survivors on 20/21 I simply didn't have anyone left to take on 21/21 =\ Maybe next time...Still happy with the result!
    MrsScattercushionTJS
  • MrsScattercushionMrsScattercushion Member Posts: 120
    Went through it for a second time and 19/21 again. This time with 5 survivors left for mission 20....nearly got gate open but just not near enough. Still happy for the rewards (if i now can find any badge fragments to use the components).

No calls, no LLS, just my regular team and gear.
    TJS
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    After wednesday 19/21, finished on weekend. Had some luck on lower lvls and wasted 12 or 15 guys on 20/21, but still had enough for last map. 20/21 was thrilling, I opened gate on first run, but that assault refused to die in time, so had to replay couple times, but with sacrificing tactics, I bought some time for last team member to pass. 21/21 was really easy, luckily, cause I had no charged assault/bruiser, just shot those 2 exploders, wrestle 3 armored and in 2nd run wrestle armored, wait for spawn, wrestle 2 normals(oh well, lvl41 normals) and run for exit.
    Initially was thinking it will last couple weeks/months before I´ll be able to pass that, but saw my chance last week, so I went for it. Now I need more luck with my badges, as Im getiing lower rarity about 50% time.
    MrsScattercushionGovernator