How is RSL for missions determined?

*I tried searching and couldn't find anything* I'm trying to figure out why the game defaults my missions to 12 & 13 RSL when I have level 15 survivors and what I can do to raise it?

I'm player level 37, my Council is L15, Training Grounds L14... just throwing out #s, I figure there must be a formula that NG uses.

I have very few opportunities to find stuff & things for badges because of the RSL. I've been through 7 rounds of this week's challenge but still haven't made it past RSL 14!! My Scavenger missions default to RSL 13!!

Best Answers

Answers

• MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    RSL in challenge was determined by your top 3 survivors level, however RSL in scavenger was determined by your top 2 survivors & their pink star.
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    DLich
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    Monsuta said:

RSL in challenge was determined by your top 3 survivors level, however RSL in scavenger was determined by your top 2 survivors & their pink star.

But the issue @LariDixon seems to be having is the opposite. They have lvl 15 survivors and are getting default missions to lvl 12 and 13. I've seen somewhere that RSL is tied to Player level.

I'm going to search the forums but I'm inclined to think you haven't upgraded other things in your camp @LariDixon

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Monsuta
  • LariDixonLariDixon Member Posts: 34
    edited September 2017
    Thanks @DLich. That's good to know, I thought it might be the level of my buildings or maybe ALL my survivors needed to be L15, but I see now that it's intentional.
    I found a WordPress page with this table, not sure if it's current.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzKMvgatxZv1XK7ziuzEM6iDMJhwXvWyMHmuuiquWWs/htmlview

This is the WordPress page link https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/challenge-structure/https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/challenge-structure/
    Thanks @DLich, you are awesome! Good stuff!
    DLich
  • thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    @LariDixon you said your top 3 survivors are all level 15, correct? What RSL did you start on this week for the challenge? The formula used didn't work correctly for a guildmate of mine with 3 15's. The formula says 11, but, they said they started on 10. When I had a 16 | 17 | 17 top 3, the formula also was not correct. I know most of the guys who are trying to figure out the starting RSL and triple starting are all end gamers or close to, but, it still matters to us lower level guys too ;) So, if you haven't upgraded any to lvl 16 by the start of next week, post back what your starting RSL is with all 15's. Or, if you recall, post that, too. I know you said 12 and 13 but you didn't specify for the challenge. (Also, did you use any round passes this week?)

@DLich - this was a copy / paste from another thread that we both had posted to

Again, my team was 16, 17, 17 and started at 11 with a 11.667 formula result (rounded down)
    Another guild member had 3 15's and started at level 10 with a 10.5 formula result (rounded down)
    My alt account was 3 11's and started at level 8 (formula worked) with a formula result of 7.7 (rounded up)
    @thisdoesfine yeah players found out a short time ago that it doesn't always hold true and might not be accurate.

@DLich it's just a bummer. I've moved on and am just upgrading whoever whenever, lol. As long as I get my minimum 400 stars per week, I'm good. I generally get 6-700. I did top out @ 800 when my survivors were like lvl 14 or something. I just can't get the same quality gear any longer. I try spending the 11k TG's on TG Tuesday, but they go fast.
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited September 2017
    @thisdoesfine - It's worth doing occasional Outpost Raids to bump up TG, and buying 12.5k TG if what you are looking for is on offer.

I REALLY want hunter weapons, so I'm one raid away from being disappointed with the traits.

A good time is at the end of the day to use up the gas before closing the game.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.

@thisdoesfine - It's worth doing occasional Outpost Raids to bump up TG, and buying 12.5k TG if what you are looking for is on offer.

I REALLY want hunter weapons, so I'm one raid away from being disappointed with the traits.

A good time is at the end of the day to use up the gas before closing the game.

So you get bulletproof on all your armor, too? I swear, no joke, I bought 4 one week and Every. Single. Armor. had bulletproof.

I do run some TG raids now and then. As for using my gas before the end of the night, I often pass out on the couch mid-map, lol. I have two small children and my best uninterrupted free time is at the end of the day when they finally go to sleep, but, I'm generally exhausted the same.
    DLich
    Sorry to get off subject on your post, but, I just bought a legendary crate and had to post this... 5 in a row, lol.
    All my gear has wrestler or bullet proof neither of which I use. It's disgusting how often I find those two traits on gear.

• I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    @DLich - Are you aware of any combination of top three survivors where the general theorem doesn't hold? Also, if there are known different starting RSL for players who have identical level levels of survivors.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,330
    This is a great thread that I stumbled on... Lower level people - please post here what your starting and repeat RSL levels are for your top 3 survivor levels (as well as what those levels are). Please include screenshots whenever possible so we know we have good hard data and not just anecdotal statements.

I believe I am on to what is 'imprecise' with the formulas we've been using, but I can't be sure until I verify (or destroy) my theory with data. I think one of the other values is being rounded in the starting RSL formula.

Here is my spreadsheet. The starting RSL values highlighted in red are ones that have been reported to be incorrect (if you have more, please share!). The table on the right is me screwing around with rounding to see if I can figure out the issue at lower levels. My current test is to see if rounding the Average survivor level using integer rounding (dropping the decimals) fixes the problem (super sexy, right?). So far, this method had solved two of the scenarios that were reported to be incorrect without breaking any of the calculations that were reported to be correct. The values highlighted in orange are values that differ from the previous calculation. If the row is highlighted in green, then the orange value has been reported to be the correct value.

I love @thisdoesfine's suggestion... if you are a lower level player, when the next challenge starts send a screenshot of your top survivors and the first set of challenge maps (so we can see your starting RSL). If this call to arms is lost in this thread, I'll start my own thread to try to get the data I need.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

jimmorrison369
    My top 7 survivors are L15. Council L15, Player Level 37

This week, I had 1 Round Pass that got me past RSL 10!!! and I started the challenge at RSL 11! Man I was way off last week thinking I started at 12 or 13...it starts me at 10!?! Wow