Overwatch and Vigilant

I have a couple of questions about overwatch and vigilant, and I can't seem to find the answer digging through old threads.

Overwatch: 1) What is the base damage of overwatch? I always thought it was 50% of normal damage. 2) Is the chance of bodyshots on overwatch different from normal hits?

Vigilant: 1) does vigilant stack with normal overwatch, or does it work the way lucky works? In other words, if base overwatch damage is 50%, and vigilant gives an additional 40%, does that mean that survivor's overwatch damage is 90% of normal or 70% of normal? 2) Does vigilant have any effect on the chance of bodyshots (I don't imagine it does, but I figure I might as well ask).

I ask because I recently got 2 new epic survivors with excellent traits (1 hunter, 1 assault), so upgraded and promoted them, and they both had vigilant as 5th trait. I was not crazy about it, but now I'm rethinking that it might not be so bad.

Thanks in advance
Board-certified slayer of the dead
Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
Timboski

Comments

• DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    Oh, and also does overwatch and/or vigilant have any effect on crit chance? Again, I don't think it would, but it would be helpful to know for sure. Thanks!
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited September 2017
    Vigilant does stack with overwatch, but I don't find that trait useful.

https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/traits/
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    I can't seem to get my pic to attach, but the assault has marksman, sure shot, lucky, ruthless, vigilant. I think she's a keeper.

Hunter has dodge, sure shot, revenge, lucky, vigilant. Not so crazy about this one (no marksman, no ruthless).

Thoughts?
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited September 2017
    I would hold on to them, but only until something better comes from future radio calls. I wouldn't spend further tokens on them.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 725
    For me the Vigilant Trait (on Ranged Survivors) is decent, but a bit situational. I think that the Badging system might potentially breathe a little life back in to the Vigilant trait.

For example if there is a map in which mitigating the Threat Counter is really important, you might forgo bringing along a ranged Survivor. If you have one of those Epic style badges with +420 Damage and a Bonus of +115 if you have the Vigilant trait, it might make sense to bring along a Hunter/Shooter with the Vigilant trait to touch heads from a distance via Overwatch and knock off enough health on the Zeds so that a Scout with Threat Reduction can swoop in and one hit the Zed.

Again, pretty situational, but that tactic has some value...
    DBonesbigbeanoJaden