Farmlands - Official Discussion Thread

What do you think of the newest challenge maps? Do they bring back the feeling of the early seasons of TWD? How far can you get in Farmlands?
David_H79CzarnyJoGeneral_PainCarly

Comments

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    They seem ok. Any new maps are definitely welcomed imo.
    Be interesting to see how difficult it gets in the higher lvls.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    MattOfEarthKARAZIPKALI
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 482
    I think there is a bug, have tested it twice in Vermin Contol. Killing the Goo with one shot does not give you a charge point, only multiple shots and kill gives you one charge point.
  • suzequeuesuzequeue Member Posts: 140
    I'm quite happy since it seems easy and I could get a PB this week.
    autumn_ash
  • CarlyCarly Member Posts: 2,059
    nice change of setting.

the little "gotcha" moments whr walker pops up right nxt to survivor...twisted cruelty much? :D ;)

also feels tighter in space w/o much wiggle room to run, so should get interesting real quick.

My peanut butter chocolate cake with Kool-Aid
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    100% F2P
    MyYouTubeChannel
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,546
    Farmlands - time that the pitchfork shows up in the shop and not every day assault stuff !
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    TheSittingDuckLightfeetbigbeanoIRONDee
  • dgraminhodgraminho Member Posts: 39
    I liked it. Lots of blind spots where a walker can come out and surprise you it you are not carefull
  • SabrinaSabrina Member Posts: 139
    In Farmlands Weekly, the elegy of lights and shadows - and continuously appearing and disappearing zombies - has got its purest form so far. Sort of art, I suppose, but quite a dull to play through, rinse and repeat. Army base Weekly was one the best Weekly so far and you can easily see why by comparing these two Weeklys.
    - Sabrina, lv60 LVT (Life-TIme Profit), Elder of Suomikilta I-V -
    edited September 2017
    On Porch Swing map, on porch appears to b the lower half of someone with one leg. And is that a crutch or long barrel shotgun?

And on ground is what looks like a zombiefied Freeman. And b4 that is a baseball bat on ground. So this farm ws attacked by Freemen, not walkers?

Edit to attach pic
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    100% F2P
    MyYouTubeChannel
    Grace24suzequeue
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    The goo walkers do not affect other walkers, they only stun humans. It has been that way since they debuted in the season 7 mission. If you dont beleive me, you can test their effect for 1 gas, and no stars at risk. Its season 7B Deep Sea Creatures.
    WahooDawgSCBMA
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    Phalanx44 said:

The goo walkers do not affect other walkers

the explosion of a goo walker turns other Zeds inside the explosion range from wandering into aggressive status

tabernacPic
  • autumn_ashautumn_ash Member Posts: 325
    edited September 2017

Phalanx44 said:

The goo walkers do not affect other walkers

the explosion of a goo walker turns other Zeds inside the explosion range from wandering into aggressive status

The animation of the walkers that are affected by the explosion is the same as if they're taking damage, so I assumed they must be affected somehow, at least taking damage :|
    It was a while since the latest challenge with Goo walkers so I forgot what they do
    TWD ⭐️ FearTWD ⭐️ Ride with Norman Reedus
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    @docfinzenburg i stand corrected. Regular walkers 'technically' are affected by the exploding goo walker. But i stand by that they arent stunned.
    docfinzenburg
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 344
    I like this map. It’s sneaky, it’s shadowy, it’s keeping me on my toes. I live on a farm with hay stacked all around and barns with equipment sitting in the lots. It captures the feel of country life very well.

The goo walkers aren’t affecting my regular walkers either but I don’t remember ever encountering them before so I didn’t know what to expect.
  • dandancar77dandancar77 Member Posts: 318
    I'm happy to have no Freemen or burning walkers again. Great missions for warriors and scouts.
    MadPuppyDBones
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Love the new maps, especially the fact that they are geared toward melee much more than some of the traditional Challenge map sets. Anything that lets me dust off my warriors and scouts is preferred for me compared to maps that rely primarily on using assaults over and over. I will take strategy over assault 'spray and pray' anytime it makes sense.
    David_H79DBones
    i did 2 maps (Overgrown & Needles and Haystacks) using all melee after seeing vids from one of the elders in my guild. definitely more of a challenge as i use mostly range weapons on all challenges. not sure how much longer i can last doing all melee, but does make me use different approach than the 'spray and pray' that @Mabiki coined above. but the moment i lose a star with melee, back to spraying and praying.
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    100% F2P
    MyYouTubeChannel
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    edited September 2017
    Lazy again sadly, these challenge map should tell a mini story which loosely links the maps together.

I'm really disappointed with them as despite having the porch one they took the easy way out and didnt do a farmhouse mission.

Sure this would have meant them making a whole new environment for a map but thats what you need to do as game designers, not just reuse assets that weve see a thousands times already.

Anyone can drop premade assets and form a map and thats all weve seen for 18 months now, no new graphics no new environments at all and most importantly no new game modes or variation on gameplay.

Make some new stuff already, there are only so many damn gates and boxes we can open.
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
    Troublemakerpaintbeastmik81
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 287
    Poppy said:

Make some new stuff already, there are only so many damn gates and boxes we can open.

It's always good to have new maps, whatever they are, but I tend to agree with this statement. It would be really nice to see some new ideas to inject more diversity into the map design.

I think a game like NML would benefit so much from community made maps if it was possible on mobile.
    I ws gonna let this go, but keeps creeping up into my 'why did this happen' part of my brain.

I killed the second heavy boss on Straw Men. After it fell to ground objective reached, right?

So why did the other walkers attack my survivor into struggle? I went frm what could hve been 3 stars to 1 star.

I attached gif file that hopefully shows the correct frame of what happened
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    100% F2P
    MyYouTubeChannel
    crambert_necJaden
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    @Carly Did you have the earlier part where you killed the first fatty?
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    100% F2P
    MyYouTubeChannel
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    I would say the fattie died through fire damage and not your attack.
    The fire damage happens in the walkers turn.
    docfinzenburgTJS
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    @Carly Seems like a bug when the last objective walker was died from fire in walker turn the mission won't complete before other walker end their turn.
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    hmm, it died at end of my turn, i thought game over, objective met; i win.

i thought was a glitch too cause once it fell, map went into walkers turn. eh, just cause a wrinkle on my brain now my head hurts.

thx anyhoo @David_H79 and @Monsuta
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    100% F2P
    MyYouTubeChannel
  • abailey362abailey362 Member Posts: 304
    Carly said:

hmm, it died at end of my turn, i thought game over, objective met; i win.

i thought was a glitch too cause once it fell, map went into walkers turn. eh, just cause a wrinkle on my brain now my head hurts.

thx anyhoo @David_H79 and @Monsuta

fire damage occurs at the beginning of the walker/freemen turn. this is the same affect as killing the last armor walker from the exit zone on your last toon's turn in S.W.AT. the rest of the walkers will still advance, and attack, if in range.
    abailey362 - TheHerdReturned - part of #THR Family

so i gather it worked fine and was not a glitch/robbery @abailey362

lesson learned fr nxt time on this map
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    100% F2P
    MyYouTubeChannel