Update 2.8: Balancing & Changes - Official Discussion Thread

TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
Update 2.8 - Balancing & Changes

Tl;dr
* Level 23 Weapons and Armor available now, Council Level 22 coming in 2.8
* New Equipment traits in 2.8, changes to Wrestler and Stun Resistance
* Challenge Difficulty Fairness Improvements for veteran players

Also note that these are not the full Update Notes for 2.8.
TroublemakerPain WalkertdiddySCBMAmik81KaLitalliniezeowerusflyingcowkingFragzieWeekOnepradiKyrusMrsScattercushionPutchucoWhereisHeathCABRONAZOVladoIIsbf8N8afroponixAlexFiliUKMrSorrowwenpat

Comments

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    It's there a date set for this release?
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Troublemaker
  • 8900rpm8900rpm Member Posts: 118
    How many other buildings will be eligible for upgrades?

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,814
    Excited to see some of the new traits, in particular the shooter double tap, sniper harness and hazard suit (surely decreased fire damage).

I just hope that the wrestler nerf keeps the trait viable. I can understand you not wanting people wrestling their way through the distance with low level survivors and a bronze trait which is fair enough but what about for the rest of us that use it to squeeze out a few extra stars at RSL +5? Especially if it is based on the survivors attack power as there will now be imbalance between classes, for instance, a bruiser with gold wrestler is going to be nearly useless in a struggle. I feel like you could have nerfed it in a less drastic way, such as putting a level cap on what you can kill instantly.
    Pigpradikjmia421Coon
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,616
    edited October 2017
    Hahaha lol

It was so obvious for a new council level when I saw morgan’s Staff with concussion.

Ready for council level! Bring it on

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    WeekOneCoon
  • bunbun Member Posts: 161
    @Teeceezy Any indication regarding which of the changes are being made "now" and which will be in the update?
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,616
    @paintbeast pretty sure you are happy with those communicated in advance right?

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    bun said:

@Teeceezy Any indication regarding which of the changes are being made "now" and which will be in the update?

All of them will be part of Update 2.8, apart from the level 23 Equipment drops, which are in effect now.
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    WellyLuga said:

what about for the rest of us that use it to squeeze out a few extra stars at RSL +5?

-Assuming you have a well-equipped and upgraded survivor, the damage from the new Wrestler should be able to take out walkers of 4-6 levels above [maybe even more, with Badges]. For Tanks, you will probably need to add a few attacks from your other survivors as well as the Wrestling damage.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    WellyLugaTroublemakerWeekOnezeowerusTheCrabPain WalkerpaintbeasttdiddyKyrusCaptainslayerkjmia421Pic
  • NG_SamNG_Sam Staff Posts: 544
    Only after the update SCBMA.
    SCBMAPain Walker
  • NG_SamNG_Sam Staff Posts: 544
    I don't believe that's going to change @BiggyGuyinTWD
    Pain Walkerkjmia421
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    edited October 2017
    I guess it's time for me to make a new spreadsheet!!!

I just hope the .4 on round pass issue is fixed.

@paintbeast brings up a good point; the new traits won't be available until 2.8 so getting lvl 23 gear might not be as exciting as it sounds BUT I'll take any 23 gear now rather than later (epic or legendary that is).

Wrestler doesn't affect me. Sorry to those it affects being changed. I was a big advocate of leaving it alone but it's being changed and has little to no effect on me. Stun resist I'm confused.. If the max is 75 and gold stun resist gear on amor is 75 does that mean luck basically won't affect it? I guess I'll wait to see the patch notes for 2.8 but it sounds like if 75 is the max, and you have gold stun resist then you've hit max.

Happy about challenges being fixed up.

those with 3 lvl 22 survivors are getting RSL 14, RSL 19.2, RSL 19.3, RSL 20.2, RSL 20.3
    those with 3 lvl 21 survivors are getting RSL 14, RSL 19.2, RSL 19.3
    those with 3 lvl 20 survivors are getting everything they get now (I think).

This is a huge change for end gamers. 5 extra rounds (one more round pass) and 182 extra stars i'll take it!!!

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    VladoII