Update 2.8 - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526

@DLich The other rewards will still double, but you will only get one round pass (the 2nd. You start with 1 for having 5 in the previous challenge).

So the way in which round passes are earned (double) has changed as well. So there’s no more “magic number”

So 27.1 is round 30 and you’ll earn flat 6 round passes. No double round passes earned at all in 2.8. Got it.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    MadPuppy
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    edited October 2017
    Bill_ZRT said:

rfg1982 said:

What if it is gloating? What's wrong?

I'm going to assume that this is a real question, so I'll answer it. What's wrong with gloating? How do you think gloating will be received by the people who have a different opinion? They should take the high road, but it's okay for the person whose gloating to take the 'cheap shot'. How is gloating not trolling? How is gloating not baiting other forum users for a response?

Some people are perceiving his happiness as gloating and I think that’s not fair.

It’s time to move on people.
    Troublemakermik81JadenKyrusBill_ZRTEdd8sbfTimboskidemongirl
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    DLich said:

@DLich The other rewards will still double, but you will only get one round pass (the 2nd. You start with 1 for having 5 in the previous challenge).

So the way in which round passes are earned (double) has changed as well. So there’s no more “magic number”

So 27.1 is round 30 and you’ll earn flat 6 round passes. No double round passes earned at all in 2.8. Got it.
    Looks like I owe an apology to @Mabiki since for the last 3 weeks I’ve posted spreadsheets understanding that double round rewards will work the same as 2.7 but with the added bonus of 5 more rounds being added and a skip.

So the 5 RP’s earned in 2.7 will basically equal 6 RP’s in 2.8 but the 5 skipped are lower level levels added.

Great that we earn more stars but (and I hate to say this but it’s true) were basically playing in 2.8 rounds we would have skipped in 2.7

I post spreadsheets a lot. It would be nice if the devs know my spreadsheet has incorrect information if they’d let me know rather than argue an incorrect point.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Jadenmik81paintbeast
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Let's try and steer this discussion back to Update 2.8. Thanks.
    TroublemakerWeekOnesuzequeue
  • R2runfastR2runfast Member Posts: 332
    Ok back to 2.8
    So in this update we got crappy gear added... another new nerf... higher gas prices, a normal distance mode... yeah whats not to like. Lmao if this update excites you in anyway
    MrSorrowbigbeano8N8romeo
  • Edd8Edd8 Member Posts: 132
    > @R2runfast said:
    > Ok back to 2.8
    > So in this update we got crappy gear added... another new nerf... higher gas prices, a normal distance mode... yeah whats not to like. Lmao if this update excites you in anyway

And one less round pass B)

Can't complain about the update
    romeo
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    Loving the update. The new normal mode on the distance is amazing for farming XP and supplies. That’s 4 million each every week!
    Edd8Aval0nTroublemakerWeekOnebigbeanoKyrusCaptainslayerbanzaiTBRaiders
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,929
    Still no answer on this:
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/269436#Comment_269436

Can the hazard suit body-shot chance get increased by luck?

And how does bulletproof fit in the picture?
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    edited October 2017
    histerija said:

Sorry everyone, I am going to repost this here to maybe get someone to see it.

Since the update my bruisers can't interrupt tanks.
    Yes, I know fat walkers can't be stunned. But I used to sometimes use a (silver) interruptor trait in overwatch to stun approaching tanks. It's not the only-80% interrupt chance because it happens over and over again, even if I use bruisers with luck, and I never get the "Interrupt avoided" message. It even happens with level 20 bruisers against level 15 fatties for example. No body shots. Just no interruptions. Has this been discussed?

Can your other class survivor still interrupt the tank?
    I just tested my scout can still interrupt tank.
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    > @Monsuta said:
    > It is meaningful to let people know he said he doesn't care about the leader board but the truth is he does.

It really isn’t though, is it.
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    @Teeceezy I see you're around and spending time off topic. Got time for a response having to do with the current status of the game with regard to melee classes?
    sbf said:

Teeceezy said:

Back to 2.8 @Teeceezy. Let's talk about how melee classes have been screwed with the wrestler nerf, so that melee is no longer viable at higher levels. Why was it so important to disproportionally affect melee with the way that NG nerfed wrestler? For me, melee is much more fun than ranged. There's something very satisfying about getting up close and personal, but with the wrestler nerf, a single critical hit from a walker can mean the end of a mission. There's a very well thought out and phrased post by @Muzz here: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/30396/the-end-of-the-melee-classes#latest This is an issue that I repeatedly brought up before the update, but NG didn't care enough to address it accordingly saying that we can just use ranged because certain classes are better for certain aspects of the game. Why not actually balance the game so melee is still viable at higher levels? Is that such an overwhelming issue that it can't be addressed? Is it outside of the capacity of NG to make a balanced game where all classes have opportunities to be used?

I'm lamenting all of the time and energy I've put into creating a melee crew that kicks serious ass at rsl+8, because now they're just not viable anymore. Any comment on that @Teeceezy @Shteevie @Fearofabotplanet?
    Not going to let this one go @Teeceezy It's too important to too many players.
    sbf said:

Teeceezy said:

Back to 2.8 @Teeceezy. Let's talk about how melee classes have been screwed with the wrestler nerf, so that melee is no longer viable at higher levels. Why was it so important to disproportionally affect melee with the way that NG nerfed wrestler? For me, melee is much more fun than ranged. There's something very satisfying about getting up close and personal, but with the wrestler nerf, a single critical hit from a walker can mean the end of a mission. There's a very well thought out and phrased post by @Muzz here: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/30396/the-end-of-the-melee-classes#latest This is an issue that I repeatedly brought up before the update, but NG didn't care enough to address it accordingly saying that we can just use ranged because certain classes are better for certain aspects of the game. Why not actually balance the game so melee is still viable at higher levels? Is that such an overwhelming issue that it can't be addressed? Is it outside of the capacity of NG to make a balanced game where all classes have opportunities to be used?

I'm lamenting all of the time and energy I've put into creating a melee crew that kicks serious ass at rsl+8, because now they're just not viable anymore. Any comment on that @Teeceezy @Shteevie @Fearofabotplanet?
    > @sbf said:
    > Not going to let this one go @Teeceezy It's too important to too many players. Let's try and steer this discussion back to Update 2.8. Thanks.
    >
    > Back to 2.8 @Teeceezy. Let's talk about how melee classes have been screwed with the wrestler nerf, so that melee is no longer viable at higher levels. Why was it so important to disproportionally affect melee with the way that NG nerfed wrestler? For me, melee is much more fun than ranged. There's something very satisfying about getting up close and personal, but with the wrestler nerf, a single critical hit from a walker can mean the end of a mission. There's a very well thought out and phrased post by @Muzz here: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/30396/the-end-of-the-melee-classes#latest This is an issue that I repeatedly brought up before the update, but NG didn't care enough to address it accordingly saying that we can just use ranged because certain classes are better for certain aspects of the game. Why not actually balance the game so melee is still viable at higher levels? Is that such an overwhelming issue that it can't be addressed? Is it outside of the capacity of NG to make a balanced game where all classes have opportunities to be used?
    >
    > I'm lamenting all of the time and energy I've put into creating a melee crew that kicks serious ass at rsl+8, because now they're just not viable anymore. Any comment on that @Teeceezy @Shteevie @Fearofabotplanet?

Probably no answer at the moment. Wait for next update
    No good answer
    @Edd8 I am very persistent. If I don't hear anything that points to a solution to this extremely important issue, I'll just keep asking how NG will make things right. This is no longer an issue that I'll post snide remarks about--I will be very noisy about without being toxic and not stop until melee is useful again at higher rsl's.

@Teeceezy @Fearofabotplanet @Shteevie, I'm looking forward to giving you a lot of attention in the coming weeks.
    Edd8Monsutaromeo
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    histerija said:

Sorry everyone, I am going to repost this here to maybe get someone to see it.

Since the update my bruisers can't interrupt tanks.
    Yes, I know fat walkers can't be stunned. But I used to sometimes use a (silver) interruptor trait in overwatch to stun approaching tanks. It's not the only-80% interrupt chance because it happens over and over again, even if I use bruisers with luck, and I never get the "Interrupt avoided" message. It even happens with level 20 bruisers against level 15 fatties for example. No body shots. Just no interruptions. Has this been discussed?

@histerija Bruiser interrupt tank is working for me

There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
  • YellyYelly Member Posts: 81
    Hi, a fellow guild member has basically the same problem @AmberBamber described. So the loading screen stays stuck after getting full and says building camp and then hangs. This member is using galaxy tab 4. Tried all mentioned before. Any solutions for this yet? Or should we be patient?
    Is this problem device related?
    thanks
  • YellyYelly Member Posts: 81
    edited October 2017
    Duplicate
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
  • AmberBamberAmberBamber Member Posts: 15
    Hey my sister has the same exact phone as me but she has T mobile and I have At&t same problem I downloaded it on her phone. She never had it installed before and same issue. So I tied my mom's phone a metro PCs same problem. And just for fun I tried NY nephews phone a cricket wireless phone and it worked. What's up with that?
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    @teeceezy @fearofabotplanet ... Can we have a W.T.F. or a F.F.S. reaction button? I could use it right about now, JC....rotflmfao
    WahooDawgdemongirlLightfeetromeo
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 450
    Amazing. Smh.