Update 2.8 - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• AmberBamberAmberBamber Member Posts: 15
    @sbf have you tried holding 3 fingers on the screen for 10 seconds? It should solve that problem... Oh wait that's Zbot's thing. Nvm
    sbfDoTakbigbeano
    Actually I do have something useful to ask. So all is unfortunate souls that are having an issue getting the game to work. Are we going to be able to get the update gift still if the issue is not resolved before the timer runs out? :neutral:
    Here is where I messed up last time. After I did a factory reset I updated all my stuff. That's where I messed up. I'm so happy now
    WeekOne
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @AmberBamber
    I had no problems with this update but I've got 2 android devices. You'll be hearing from me in pm if I ever have any technical issues, lol
    AmberBamber
    Mamas no fool when it comes to tech shtuffs. I want to see if this actually works for anyone else because the problem is with Google play not NG software. :wink:
    DoTakMonsutaKyrus
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    You're being obnoxious @sbf and if you continue spamming I will not hesitate to warn you.
    sbfMonsuta
    Glad to hear everything got sorted out @AmberBamber. :)
    AmberBamberYelly
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    @Teeceezy What else can we players do when the developer keeps ignoring our communication & trying to reason with them?
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    If we don't comment on something, it means one of two things 1) there's nothing to comment, or 2) we haven't gotten around to it.
    zbotLightfeetWeekOne
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    @Fearofabotplanet Thanks for hearing me on the pitchfork, I am happy that it returned to the store. But please understand that I want it at lvl23 and so it would be good if it could be available again in 2 weeks when my training ground is upgraded. :#
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    Edd8
    Cheers @sbf, appreciate it. Not sure what the situation is regarding future melee balancing, but I’ll express your concern to the team and try to get an answer for you. :+1:
  • MuzzMuzz Member Posts: 74
    I completely agree with @sbf above. This "balancing" change has completely destroyed any skill or strategy in the game. Melee are now completely worthless at high levels, so on top of the flood of useless heroes we've had to endure (and the corresponding token dilution), now in a stroke we've managed to completely nuke 3 classes!!! This challenge is possibly not the best example as obviously it's geared around ranged tactics anyway, but I'm currently on Round 31 (just finished 27.2). I've 3 starred every map and haven't changed my team once. Abe, hunter, assault. Zero tactics, just spray and run. Maybe @Teeceezy or @Shteevie would explain where the fun is in that?!
    romeoPandreq
    @tdiddy was using his melee especially warrior frequently, but after 2.8 he's being in a huge disadvantage position, every time & money he spent gone to wasted compare to those who prefer ranged survivor. Melee have no chance in the distance because of 100% body shot on normal attack, & they have no chance to survive longer because of close range.

If I'm in his position, I'll quit as well.
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    TimboskiJadenYellytdiddy
    Thanks @DLich, hope it was useful. :) I'll add a link to that post we can all continue discussing the hot topics here.
    DLichBill_ZRTJadenmik81
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited October 2017
    I just read the FAQ on the 2.8 update and I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed by it right now. We are always asked to be patient and that NG wants to take things in a slow step wise manner. We have been asking for melee balancing forever. How long do we have to wait? Season 9? Come on NG. You think the distance is balanced? That's funny too.

I think NG really needs to sit down everybody from the devs to upper management and do a better job of prioritizing what needs attention. Next update needs more bug squashing for one and the melee class needs to be addressed immediately too.

Has NG thought about letting melee survivors strike a walker on overwatch with a tile in between? You can do that with the spear and pitchfork for the scouts but you should just do this anyway for all melee weapons. That would give them a half strength attack before they put themselves in danger. That's kind of fair because ranged survivors can usually get in 2 full strength attacks before being in danger. It would also make power strike and vigilant relevant again. Don't let melee strike from one tile away with full strength attacks unless it's a special weapon and you won't have made this feature overpowered.
    tabernacMonsutaJadenCaptainslayer
    Shut_Up said:

I just read the FAQ on the 2.8 update and I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed by it right now. We are always asked to be patient and that NG wants to take things in a slow step wise manner. We have been asking for melee balancing forever. How long do we have to wait? Season 9? Come on NG. You think the distance is balanced? That's funny too.

Melee rebalancing should happen way before Season 9, so don't worry.
    Shut_Up said:

Has NG thought about letting melee survivors strike a walker on overwatch with a tile in between? You can do that with the spear and pitchfork for the scouts but you should just do this anyway for all melee weapons. That would give them a half strength attack before they put themselves in danger. That's kind of fair because ranged survivors can usually get in 2 full strength attacks before being in danger. It would also make power strike and vigilant relevant again. Don't let melee strike from one tile away with full strength attacks unless it's a special weapon and you won't have made this feature overpowered.

That's a cool idea. I'll pass it on.
    MonsutaJadenmik81MadPuppy
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Yes @tabernac brings up a good point. Using a new trait to balance melee doesn't help old survivors and that makes it a must have trait which isn't balanced at all.
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    @Monsuta I saw you lol at my normal mode video. Will you lol at hard mode? Soon...
    Jaden
    edited October 2017
    @painwalker I'll give anyone awesome to any video that beat hard mode after the wrestler nerf.

FYI, I gave like to anyone before NG claimed they fixed the freemen glitch & lol to those that after because they proved NG the bug fix was not working in the distance check in thread.
    Didn't care that thread anymore after the release of normal mode.
    Captainslayer
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    @Teeceezy Can you guys tell us what PL we need to be to guarantee level 23 gear in TG crates?

Has anyone tested this?
    David_H79DLich
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    @Teeceezy Thanks for the 2.8 FAQ. Very good move! A word of caution though- be very careful with wording (and edit with a very critical eye).

For example:

At player level 22 and player level 43 we also saw a rise in the gas costs for scavenge missions. This change, at player level 63, follows the same pattern as we saw before and will see in the future.

That should say "At survivor level 22 and player (or camp) level 43..."

I knew what you meant, but it could add to confusion for some. ;)
    TeeceezyJaden
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    edited October 2017
    I thought he was referring to camp level 22?

And shouldn't it be player level 64, not 63?

Edit: I think I'm supporting @paintbeast here ;)
    paintbeast