A green jacket from a gold reward crate?

I get green jackets, a lot of green jackets, from silver crates but a green jacket from a gold crate is just sad. I spent gold getting it too. That just makes even more sad, maybe even a bit insulting. It is two levels below my playing survivors which makes it full out insulting! I’m insulted in a major way!
iiviiDLHbigbeanoADPaqljr6jvhv4binzinpsychwolf

Comments

• thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    Wait until jackpot weekend. Last one I had 27 gold chests. Only 1 wasn't a green piece of gear. They need to fix it, I never spend the 25 gold to open a gold chest. Jackpot weekend I will spend 25 for 3, but, haven't had good luck still.
    talliniehorrormathersBryan18
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 373
    I have tolerated the stinky rewards but this one was the worst. I get greeen in silver. I kinda expect that. Getting green in gold is just wrong.
    DLHPapacasSynapseRangerbinzin
  • hunter1234hunter1234 Member Posts: 33
    I think my last 7 or 8 gold crates have been green.

Did this chance to get green increase in the update?
    That’s how it is done! I literally thought the reward crates were moving and I was chasing a moving target. Your way makes much more sense. Not only are gold crates rare, the chances of choosing them are even worse unless you spend gold!
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    My beef is when I open a silver and a gold chest, getting green gear in each, but the level of the silver one is higher than the gold one.

If there's no chance of removing green gear from gold chests, at least guarantee us max level, and therefore max xp, of said green gear.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    JadenSmokeandMirrorsJenng
    @Neil_J advice heard and heeded.
  • TheDeanTheDean Member Posts: 20
    And when you scrap it, and you will, there's not doubt that you're going to scrap it, you get less XP than if it were just an XP box. And often times, less than you would get from a "normal" box.

The only use for most equipment drops in boxes is to use as an XP bank when you're near your max XP limit, saving them for a double XP event if you can.
    @TheDean EXACTLY!
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,137
    @SmokeandMirrors you must be new here. Welcome!!

U better get used to it, otherwise you'll loose ur mind. It won't get (ever) any time soon changed.
    Jenng
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    I like spending 25 gold to open a 15 gold bar box. That ones my favorite.
    JackBauersrmcn1031SynapseRangerbigbeano
  • hunter1234hunter1234 Member Posts: 33
    @Mais88 at least you cut your losses and don’t get green gear. Nothing worse than green gear that sells for less than an XP crate would give you.
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    Oh we all get lots of green gear. That's why 99 of 100 times it just doesnt pay to use gold to open anything. Live n learn.
    @bladgier Hi! Thanks for the welcome! I’ve been playing about a month and lurking here about 3 weeks.

@Mais88 Ha! Yeah. Been there, done that, almost cried tears.

Sorry to see I am not the only one who cringes when the green shows up. I see more jackets here than when I walk into a men’s store in the mall!
    This is a lot better! Two epic badge pieces, one from silver and one from gold. Thanks, New Games! (Assuming they made changes to the drops. I saw a post where they said they were going to change some drop % changes.)
    JackBauerbigbeanobinzin
  • _Lily__Lily_ Member Posts: 673
    Nothing changed for me. Keep getting rare gear from gold crates even more often now than before. Really, what's the point of even having gold crates?
    bigbeano
    Gold crate in the upper left corner
  • mikpay2316mikpay2316 Member Posts: 110
    But if they gave away awesome gear all the time no one would spend real money on virtual weapon bundles!
    OG Mike 420 - MAVERICKS FAMILY 4 LIFE!
    As if they would do that. Every once in a while wouldn't hurt though :)
    bigbeano
  • binzinbinzin Member Posts: 19
    3 golden crates this morning, 3 green jackets. This is such a bunch of horseshit. It did NOT used to be this way, I've been playing for almost two years and idk when they changed the drop rate, but it sucks.
    _Lily_Mabiki