1 Radio Call Only

Did anyone try like 100 radio calls with only using 1 radio a time?
I'm thinking about doing this to gain more experience for this 5s gear upgrade event, but I'm worried i won't get any legendary or epics from just 1 radio call.
some data about using 1 radio call straight would be very appreciated!

Comments

• LawdogLawdog Member Posts: 836
    Are ya suggesting using the 5s on a survivor for training..then parlaying that into XP?

I'm not sure the 5 secs works on training if so.
  • 我是云云我是云云 Member Posts: 25
    @Lawdog no I mean gear upgrading, I'm out of experience now
    So compromise..go with the 5x radio call.
  • mindsoremindsore Member Posts: 70
    wish I had burned my 190 radio on this method earlier this week. I instead used the 15 radio call for junk rare survivors that brought in 2.6k each on the reject...... ouch! I have 1 legendary and I got him before the radio tent, maybe the 15 radio is scam.....
    Crab
  • GggGgg Member Posts: 41
    I did 18 last week, 1 @ time , got 1 rare shooter, 1 rare bruiser, 1 uncommon assault, all the rest were common and uncommon scout and bruisers.
    I can't help but wonder if it matters about how many survivors you have-or..how many of a particular class.
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,474
    If you have level 7 radio tower then each 1 radio call out would net you 3-5K so it's actually a good use of radio if you have the radios. As for getting epic or legendary, users have reported getting it but results vary. Let us know how it turns out.
    Sky
    Lawdog said:

So compromise..go with the 5x radio call.

using 5 won't give me too much experience though, but thx for the suggestion
    Ggg said:

I did 18 last week, 1 @ time , got 1 rare shooter, 1 rare bruiser, 1 uncommon assault, all the rest were common and uncommon scout and bruisers.

thx for the data, it seems using 1 radio call is very rare to get good stuff
    zbot said:

If you have level 7 radio tower then each 1 radio call out would net you 3-5K so it's actually a good use of radio if you have the radios. As for getting epic or legendary, users have reported getting it but results vary. Let us know how it turns out.

i have 280 radios so far, i will burn 100 radios first then save the rest for next radio event, i will post result once im done
    edited February 2016
    Here are the results:

Well I guess i didn't save the rest of my radios, i did 100 1 radio calls, and 13 15 radio calls

1. don't ever use 1 radio call if you are hoping to get any epic/legendary by using large amount of radios!
    2. don't do radio call at all if there is not radio event! lol
    thecoltySarah[Deleted User]The_Vengeful_1
    Wow that's an impressive spread sheet man,nj.

Not a single Leg..brutal!
    Lawdog said:

Wow that's an impressive spread sheet man,nj.

Not a single Leg..brutal!

thanks, yeah, what a disappointment!
    I just hit 300 radios,scared to death to touch em after reviewing that info.

Thanks for posting it though-appreciated.
    [Deleted User]

Here are the results:

Well I guess i didn't save the rest of my radios, i did 100 1 radio calls, and 13 15 radio calls

1. don't ever use 1 radio call if you are hoping to get any epic/legendary by using large amount of radios!

How much xp did you earn?
    It's like a train wreck-I can't stop looking at how bad that is.

"It makes my eyes rain."

Simple Jack.
    Sdot
  • SpindigSpindig Content Creator Posts: 255
    That is brutal! RIP radios : - (
    NEPTUNE Guild Leader and Content Creator. YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/c/thewalkingdeadnomanslandfans Twitch Stream: https://twitch.tv/spindigs
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    I must agree with @Lawdog that is an impressive spread sheet. Your pulls not so much.

I feel for ya. I had something similar happen about a month ago. I still think of it as Black Sunday!

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
  • RankaRanka Member Posts: 125
    Thanks a lot for sharing your data sheet. I noticed some ppl claim to gain a legendary survivor from a 1 phone-call and I like to believe that. I have done some research but couldn't find any prove others then ppl who are just claiming in word.

I would invite anyone to share hard content with us because to me it makes perfect sence that:

1 phone-call comparable to results of a brons chest
    5 phone-calls comparable to results of asilver chest
    15 phone-call's comparable to results of a gold chest

Other results are worth sharing so we all know what we gain when phoning.

@all /Happy hunting
  • SantescoSantesco Member Posts: 45
    edited February 2016
    Must be luck but:
    1 legendary bruiser max lvl14
    1 rare
    4 uncommon
    8 common
    stopped now to write this as im quite exited to get my first legendary
    Radiotent lvl5 fyi
    speed up my tent to lvl6 now and proceeded with 1 phone calls:

17 common
    8 uncommon
    1 rare

Now some 5 phone calls:
    2 rare
    5 uncommon

And some 15 phone calls:
    3 rare
    2 epic

all out of phones now but max lvl on 1 phone calls seems lower. Epics on 15 call both max lvl17. On 1 phone call all max 14 highest
  • SantescoSantesco Member Posts: 45
    After a good remark. The max lvl being lower was cause i upgraded to lvl6 after it
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    From my experience on a one radio pull the max level of the survivor is way lower than a 15 pull. A recent example I used a few 15 pulls and they were all ranged between max 16-18. I then had a couple of radios left over and did single pulls there max level was only like 13s.
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
    Poppy said:

From my experience on a one radio pull the max level of the survivor is way lower than a 15 pull. A recent example I used a few 15 pulls and they were all ranged between max 16-18. I then had a couple of radios left over and did single pulls there max level was only like 13s.

Max level depends on beginning/starting level and rarity so yes 15 will have higher max level but 1 call generally has higher beginning/starting level (which equals more xp when retiring).
    zbot said:

Here are the results:

about 500k

zbot said:

Here are the results:

about 500k
    Thanks, that's about what I would have expected.
  • JazzJazz Member Posts: 125
    when you guys do radio pulls, even during the legendary survivor event, do you do them consecutively or between missions or something?
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    consider a dice roll of one single die.
    roll the die six times.

repeat those 6 rolles a dozen times.

how many rolls of a six do you think you'll get?
    exactly six? almost certainly not.

1/6 average does not mean you will get exactly six rolls of six..
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
  • JazzJazz Member Posts: 125
    @dread well, if I rolled that die two dozen times and never rolled a single 6 or 5 even once, I'd think that dice was loaded. And that loaded die needs to be replaced with a legitimate one, just like the system NG put in place for the radio tent needs to be.
    我是云云
  • SkySky Member Posts: 46
    I hate to skew yr results but I just did a 1 radio call out of sheer boredom while waiting for my gas to refill and I got a legendary assault.

Trust me, I was very shocked. Pleasantly surprised, no doubt, but no way did I expect to score anything worth keeping.

I've always done 15 radio calls and have gotten a legendary warrior and scout plus epic all except shooter & assault. My best shooter is a rare and I got a rare assault during the last radio event.

A legendary assault has been on my wish list since I unlocked that class.

So it CAN happen but I'm sure it doesn't happen often.
  • woodstockwoodstock Member Posts: 200
    I got a legendary hunter (max Lvl 15) with a 1 radio call during the event with increased drop rates. But I'm also sure it happens really seldom.
This discussion has been closed.