The State of Melee in the Game

13»

Comments

• ZelenioblakZelenioblak Member Posts: 38
    Monsuta said:

@Zelenioblak I would like to see Melee Power !!! in the distance against level 35 walkers that they lack piercing so it's guaranteed 100% body shot on normal attack.

Me also..and more melee weeks..I’m waiting bruiser week too long..btw that was perfect with low lvl gear n same I repeat on lvl30.4..I’m true melee fan n expert for every trait n we deserve more coz it is hard to learn without boost ppl r afraid to use melee..as long I see ppl fight for better u all have my support ;)
    bigbeanoMonsutaKick_ass
  • ZelenioblakZelenioblak Member Posts: 38
    edited November 2017
    @Monsuta..I would like also 4 weeks of melee boost in row coz last 4 weeks was range..so I can see score of range fans little :D
    MonsutaKick_ass
  • SplatterSplatter Member Posts: 15
    I'm pretty happy with melee to be honest. You just have to use them on the right maps and move carefully.
    Bill_ZRTSCBMATripod
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,861
    I love using Melee at the tail end of challenges to reduce spawns or erase spawns

I'll take out two warriors and a scout
    Or 2 scouts and a warrior

All my scouts have gold threat reduction which is about the only reason I use them besides their extra long travel distance
    So threat reduction should not be nerfed in any way or scouts will be almost useless to me

I hardly ever use my top shelf Bruiser, so I am all for bringing bruisers back into the game.

And since melee all have to work in close and wade into groups of walkers, damage reduction is something that is very important

So any melee improvements to even things out involve the items I have mentioned above.

DEADITE_HUNTERMarcus6253
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 996
    Difficulty 32.3 two stars. Melee Madness.

Shut_UptabernacMrsScattercushionmsapaev
  • Edd8Edd8 Member Posts: 130
    @avelardez could you please show the equiped badges
  • Headpopper946Headpopper946 Member Posts: 34
    What if there was no body shots from melee?
    Bill_ZRTJadenLambarishaunatthepub
  • Edd8Edd8 Member Posts: 130
    Thank you @avelardez
  • zeekdogzeekdog Member Posts: 178
    @BiggyGuyinTWD @Bill_ZRT

Biggy, I am very glad you took the chance to resurrect this thread as I had not seen it and it is an eye opener. I want to utilize all classes but take the easy way out. To me other than assault, hunter, and shooter, other classes are viable in “my style of play” only in certain situations.

@Bill_ZRT

Been watching this board for over a year. Your post is one of the most impressive and most in need of very serious consideration by NG that I have seen. Great job!
    Bill_ZRTATLAS-Zromeo
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,396
    Shteevie said:

My sincerest apologies for being so late to this party... But at least I brought snacks for everyone?
    I'll come out and say that personally, I completely agree with the general assessment on the melee characters in the game. We have made some improvements to the stat balance recently, and some more adjustment might help, but it's certainly not going to be solved only by adding to damage numbers.
    Thanks again, and I look forward to hearing more from the community. I think these threads have their hearts in the right place, and they always positively effect the development of the game.

Not to however I was wondering after browsing the forums, if there is any considerations after your last post @Shteevie, to remove the +4 RSL lock on melee survivors. Over 43% of the hero’s are Melee in nature and yet I find them extremely hamstrung when it comes to higher levels. They are in the meat of the fight and yet have almost 0% chance of taking down high level opponents while Ranged hero’s stand back and keep launching more and more shots (without ever running out of Ammo on that bolt action or 6 shot revolver) all the while staying safely out of range.

Please?
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 996
    Melee still going strong.
    Shteevieromeo
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,369

There’s a worrying development that’s eroding the buff that melee got recently:

NG seems to like adding random extra spawns in between the threat-based spawns in the new map designs. We see that often in The Distance and also in the Dead of Night maps.

Melee loses its advantage in these maps, because it’s the prevention of threat-spawns that’s Melee’s main advantage.

@Kaz and @Shteevie please consider this in your map designs. Melee still needs some love and care in order to stay relevant.

This is really an excellent point as these additional spawns absolutely effect melee teams disproportionately. I think some of the suggestions in my original post would help melee more effectively deal with these and other situations. Whether or not any of these suggestions can or will be implemented, @TheLostOnes brings up a very good point here.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

DBonesTheLostOnesromeo
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,350
    It still blows my mind that there is no Piercing equivalent for melee yet. Have they ever given a reason why this is not the case?
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    DBonesTroublemakerNezo
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800

It still blows my mind that there is no Piercing equivalent for melee yet. Have they ever given a reason why this is not the case?

Couldn't agree more. It makes no sense that ranged, who are already superior to melee in most respects, get an incredibly high-end weapon trait that is totally UNavailable to melee?

Plus, it's nothing short of ridiculous to think that there is not a single knife or sword in the entire ZA has the ability to "pierce." Did every blade in the entire world somehow go dull at the moment the ZA began?
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    xbamfx
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    > @Bill_ZRT said:
    >
    > This is really an excellent point as these additional spawns absolutely effect melee teams disproportionately. I think some of the suggestions in my original post would help melee more effectively deal with these and other situations. Whether or not any of these suggestions can or will be implemented, @TheLostOnes brings up a very good point here.

I love you too, Bill <3
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    Bill_ZRT
    Still holding out some hope for some melee love and would like to see any other ideas people have.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.

• Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 573
    Great melee ideas.
    Has anyone mentioned knife throw as a ranged attack for scouts?
    As they would be weaponless until they retrieve the knife, a shove attack could be used.
    Cronus said:

I always thought this would make a great melee weapon:

@Cronus - this is why we can't have nice things. :naughty:

paintbeastShadowaceAzJadenbigbeano
    Let me get my lunch back down!

Oh.. ew.. ack!

@Cronus, go back to the game, you are scaring me!

Concordia

Jaden
    edited April 2018

No more shall I be bound to such scenery.
    I shall fight the hordes as such!
    Concordia

anthony172
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,039
    > @Bill_ZRT said:
    > I always thought this would make a great melee weapon:
    >
    >
    > @Cronus - this is why we can't have nice things. :naughty:

You're the one holding out hope for melee love :smiley: