Damage reduction and fire damage

David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
I have a scout with 65% damage reduction through badges.
Now I found a new armor with gold stun resist, gold iron skin and the new fireproof trait in silver.
If I use this my damage reduction is at the max of 80%.
The new trait provides 60% less damage through fire and a 15% chance to turn hits into bodyshots.

Does the normal damage reduction applies to fire damage?
If this is the case I would lose the main function of the new trait.

Because the new armor is level 23 I can’t try yet.
Maybe someone already tested it?

Comments

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,007
    I want to know too.
    Most fair would be: fire damage reduction first. Then max of 80% reduction on remaining damage
    David_H79
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,673
    That's a very good question and easy to test if you have lower level gear with the trait. If you watch the sequence for burning walkers, first is the normal damage then fire damage so I would think that it's applies separately, normal damage reduction for the normal damage, fire reduction for fire damage. If normal damage reduction applies to fire it defeats the purpose of having another trait for it (similar to damage and critical damage boost).

The other use for fireproof would be for wrestling with burning walkers, but that is beyond this thread and more related to strategy.
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,673
    FY: I'll check my gear to see if there are any with this new trait that can be upgraded and test it out.
    David_H79
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    My expectation is that these are two different events.
    Event one walker attack.
    Event two fire attack.
    So the normal damage reduction should work for both damage events.
    So the main question is, if the fire damage reduction is calculated separately from the normal one.
    jimmorrison369
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    I found the answer.
    The normal damage reduction doesn't apply to bleeding and fire damage.
    jimmorrison369