Where is the Crossbow weapon?

We need a crossbow weapon! Its a game that features Daryl Dixon as its spokesman for goodness sake!! Give us the Crossbow!! :-)
rayNecron99

Comments

• PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    After this weeks episode I was thinking the exact same thing!
    The crossbow character would kill silently, but less deadly than hunter, possibly only singl shot, not multiple kills.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    Verbaub
  • rayray Member Posts: 111
    Maybe a new class of hero as a tracker like Daryl would be good, using crossbows and normal bows, also moving and not alerting walkers as an ability.
    Leader of TWD Extreme
    VerbaubNecron99
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Member Posts: 199
    I've been waiting for the crossbow to make an appearance from the start of this game. It seems like a no brainer. A range attack while not attracting more zombies. Let the hunter have it. In exchange for the benefit of not attracting more zombies, the hunter would lose the ability to kill multiple zombies with one shot.
    Verbaub
  • BarlouBarlou Member Posts: 50
    why hunter.. let shooter use it.. more sense.. and free attack
    Member of DEAD ANGELS Guild
    Just make a new class, adds more variety to the game
    Leader of TWD Extreme
    Necron99
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Member Posts: 199
    Barlou said:

why hunter.. let shooter use it.. more sense.. and free attack

Because actual hunters use crossbows to hunt... :p
    Necron99
    I like the idea of a new class, a 'Tracker', that can use silent distance weapons, ie crossbows. Maybe combine this with a new treat, like tracking down walkers, ie better sense of hidden walkers or possibly a new treat of 'running and shooting'.
    Necron99
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Putchuco said:

I like the idea of a new class, a 'Tracker', that can use silent distance weapons, ie crossbows. Maybe combine this with a new treat, like tracking down walkers, ie better sense of hidden walkers or possibly a new treat of 'running and shooting'.

I haven't figured out the exact mechanism, but often you can 'see' a walker even though it's not visible. There's a little shadow on the ground that moves during the zombie's turn, and stays there even after zombie's turn.
    Necron99
  • TK-421TK-421 Member Posts: 416
    I think there would actually need to be an entirely new class for this - crossbows don't make noise, and are single-kill weapons. Nice challenge for the designers.
    facemanakWeedingsNecron99
    zoson said:

Putchuco said:

I haven't figured out the exact mechanism, but often you can 'see' a walker even though it's not visible. There's a little shadow on the ground that moves during the zombie's turn, and stays there even after zombie's turn.
    Yes, exactly. Maybe the new 'Tracker' class could not only sense walking but also walkers standing still.

And I actually meant 'shooting + running' in my post above, meaning, the Tracker would shoot first and could then move! :)
    zosonNecron99
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Putchuco said:

zoson said:

Putchuco said:

Yes, exactly. Maybe the new 'Tracker' class could not only sense walking but also walkers standing still.

And I actually meant 'shooting + running' in my post above, meaning, the Tracker would shoot first and could then move! :)
    Much like the "Sprinter" trait I proposed!
    @zoson, I think I combined the crossbow with the sprinting capability you had proposed :)

We might make even two separate classes from it, but I think that might be too much.
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    It could also just be a Scout weapon, since that is pretty much what Daryl does.
  • jureforjusticejureforjustice Member Posts: 270
    How about...

Silent and single target attack. Dmg and range similar to hunter.
    Charge ability = Distraction, causing enemy walkers that have not seen you yet to think something is elsewhere, walking towards that direction.
    zoson
    Loving the idea more and more, nice twist with the distraction, @jureforjustice !
    Yep tracker is a good idea like I proposed
    Leader of TWD Extreme
  • hhmcameronhhmcameron Member Posts: 224
    Crossbow actually overpenetrates often...

Maybe half the overpenetration of a rifle.

Also sound surpressors should be eventually available... without laws against them (what laws?) they would be fairly easy to eventually build and equip

Not really sure how often real hunters use rifles, bows, and crossbows.

Thing that I do know, hunters carry knives to gut their kills...
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650

Crossbow actually overpenetrates often...

Maybe half the overpenetration of a rifle.

Also sound surpressors should be eventually available... without laws against them (what laws?) they would be fairly easy to eventually build and equip

Not really sure how often real hunters use rifles, bows, and crossbows.

Thing that I do know, hunters carry knives to gut their kills...

You have to kill it before you gut it - which is why MOST hunters use rifles, bows or crossbows ... ;)
    Maybe if were to combine the 'Tracker' idea with the (in my opinion) useless Scout:
    - carries a crossbow for silent long-range kills (maybe less powerful than rfiles)
    - carries a knife for silent contact kills, less powerful than a gun
    The flexibility of the character could make for great gameplay.
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Member Posts: 40
    edited November 2015

Not really sure how often real hunters use rifles, bows, and crossbows. Thing that I do know, hunters carry knives to gut their kills...

Real hunters use bows or crossbows. Firearms aren't hunting, they're slaughtering. Knife is not 100% necessary, but I don't know anyone who goes out without one.

And support the right to arm bears!
    VerbaubNecron99
  • dhusagardhusagar Member Posts: 36
    Triple bolt crossbow (saw this at a circus show, where a guy hit 3 apples from 3mannequins heads) :)
  • AstraeaAstraea Member Posts: 41
    I love the idea of having a bow/xbow class, a ranged killer like a shooter, but silent. And perhaps for the charge ability acting more like the hunter, killing multiple zombies in a row, but silent once again.
    The dead are hungry too!
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    I suggest exploding ammo for crossbow charge ability which have area damage..

Silent, long-range AND exploding might be a little overpowered, don't you think? :wink:
  • Necron99Necron99 Member Posts: 66
    My thoughts exactly! And maybe the "Tracker" could use a TRAP, for his special move? Just saying
  • AhexAhex Member Posts: 78
    Crossbow could be mixed class between shooter and scout. Better move area and silent attack from scout, double attack special. Also one ap shoot, then move.

No peneration attacks. No explosive attacks.